Username
Password

Comments: Page 13
Displaying posts 180 - 195 of 208
10:52 AM on 04/26/12
Holly HoX!
User Info.
PIG DESTROYER is consistently the worst poster on this site

I honestly think that's what he's going for.
10:53 AM on 04/26/12
Dustin Harkins
Go support Kony 2012 some more
User Info.
Just figured I'd weigh in, not that it's worth much:

The video is quite cool. I applaud Obama for being one of the more personable and down-to-earth presidents we've had in a while. He's an outstanding public speaker and international diplomat. In that regard, I think he's the finest this country has seen in my short 25 years.

That's just about where my praise ends, however. His vision of government has and continually plans to reduce civil liberties. I'm generally disgusted by Romney as well. I agree more closely with Ron Paul's views to reduce government and restore facets of the constitution which have been lost over the past two decades, however I do not feel he is electable as the leader of the free world.

Obama has made some incremental victories which I can appreciate, but if it comes down to Obama v. Romney in 2012 (which appears obvious), I'll side with Romney and the republicans to protect 2nd Amendment rights.

We need Papa Doc.
313 fuck the free world.
11:02 AM on 04/26/12
i like apples
Kyle Max
User Info.
I honestly think that's what he's going for.
I second this notion.
11:03 AM on 04/26/12
Holly HoX!
User Info.
We need Papa Doc.
313 fuck the free world.

LOL what a swagged out reference, Hark
11:11 AM on 04/26/12
Dustin Harkins
Go support Kony 2012 some more
User Info.
LOL what a swagged out reference, Hark
That movie changed the meaning of the term "free world" for me forever haha.
11:21 AM on 04/26/12
Holly HoX!
User Info.
That movie changed the meaning of the term "free world" for me forever haha.

Haha

"Everyboby in the 313 put your mutha fuckin hands up a follow me!"
12:25 PM on 04/26/12
PIG DESTROYER
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
oh come on! I barely post (other than this thread).

And no, I'm not trying to be an asshole, just sharing my thoughts- you know, like everyone is doing. sorry, I didn't realize this was a "let's all talk about how much we love our government!" thread. I'll fall in line next time and blindly agree with the populace.
12:25 PM on 04/26/12
MonopolyMan
Whore's dont trip..they...
User Info.
Tate, comparing his job to a 9-5 job is apples to oranges and that's the point. I apply for a job and 1 or 2 bosses hire me. He applied for a job and millions of people hired him. That puts him at a much higher standard and I expect him to do more, as we ALL should. Random dude at a job doesn't deliver on what he promised, his direct bosses care. President of the United States doesn't deliver on what he promised, the ENTIRE WORLD is affected. Again, this goes for ALL presidents. Get off the TV and get on the job until it's goddamned done.
at least there is one person in here with half a brain. Cheers!
12:34 PM on 04/26/12
PIG DESTROYER
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
The numbers come from the CBO, which is non-partisan, and not a media entity.

But that ignores a large portion of what his job is ... which is what I was trying to point out.

Depends on what the employees' job is -- an outside salesman having a few beers while trying to talk someone into buying something, is doing his job ... even though to an outside eye it looks like he's slacking off. The President going on TV in an effort to continue his agenda, is a part of his job.

This would make sense if we were a monarchy and one man could make all the decisions ... however, in our political system it doesn't work that way. And one of the ways to get your agenda accomplished is to sell it to the populace.
yea, I guess I just don't like that so much of the president's job is to sell himself as a product. There's nothing I can do about it and it won't change. That's just my opinion. I've never liked it and will continue to not like it no matter who is in office.

As for the chart, honestly, it's hard to know what's real anymore. I did a goole image search for "obama vs bush deficit" and nearly every one of the charts other than the one you posted show Obama to be much worse than Bush, with spending/deficit going WAY up after he was elected. I honestly don't know what is true anymore, but tend to side with what I see more, and what holds true to an administration I think we can all agree is a little bit spend-happy.

But I'll let this die, we both have better things to do than argue about politics online. I've learned this before (yet continue to fall into the trap) that you never accomplish anything talking about politics- people are going to continue believing what they feel is true, and the opposing side will see the exact same fact and feel it means something different. My mom always told me to never talk about politics with friends- she was right.
12:58 PM on 04/26/12
circasurprise90
User Info.
heres what gov. handouts do
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c2kGPdxkofo
10:23 PM on 04/26/12
jonny storm
jonnystorm777
User Info.
I am sorry, but the statement that "few even realized how bad the economic situation was until after he was in office"....is a flat out lie. Several economists, politicians, and well-informed citizens knew exactly how bad things were. Ron Paul was one them. Also, I'm sorry to inform you that despite what CNN/MSNBC may have told you, the economy has not been on a steady increase for years. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying everything is Obama's fault, and I recognize that he inherited a shitstorm that was going to take years to fix.

As someone who voted for him, it my perception that he is doing absolutely nothing to reverse any of the horrendous policies/trends started under the Bush administration.
I agree with you mrperson13 - I believed the promised he made, bought into the hype and Obamas charisma. Everyone thought he would be the saviour of the USA .It'a SAD to see he is trying to do it all by himself. Push rules through without America wanting it done. Like Obamacare. The majority of Americans don't want it because they are the ones paying taxes into this and the people abusing the system are going to get more for free. I am not sayin some people deserve assistance. But the majority are using the Gov for everything. And Obama thinks it's okay. Any civil person knows that is wrong. Just wish people would look into this more and not just jump on the Obama wagon becasue everyone else is. That is all.
10:26 PM on 04/26/12
jonny storm
jonnystorm777
User Info.
The numbers come from the CBO, which is non-partisan, and not a media entity.

But that ignores a large portion of what his job is ... which is what I was trying to point out.

Depends on what the employees' job is -- an outside salesman having a few beers while trying to talk someone into buying something, is doing his job ... even though to an outside eye it looks like he's slacking off. The President going on TV in an effort to continue his agenda, is a part of his job.

This would make sense if we were a monarchy and one man could make all the decisions ... however, in our political system it doesn't work that way. And one of the ways to get your agenda accomplished is to sell it to the populace.
Exactly
10:29 PM on 04/26/12
jonny storm
jonnystorm777
User Info.
10:33 PM on 04/26/12
jonny storm
jonnystorm777
User Info.
It is pretty funny.
08:37 AM on 04/27/12
devonhurt
Better Seasick than Landlocked
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I agree with you mrperson13 - I believed the promised he made, bought into the hype and Obamas charisma. Everyone thought he would be the saviour of the USA .It'a SAD to see he is trying to do it all by himself. Push rules through without America wanting it done. Like Obamacare. The majority of Americans don't want it because they are the ones paying taxes into this and the people abusing the system are going to get more for free. I am not sayin some people deserve assistance. But the majority are using the Gov for everything. And Obama thinks it's okay. Any civil person knows that is wrong. Just wish people would look into this more and not just jump on the Obama wagon becasue everyone else is. That is all.

"Obamacare" was a compromise with the republicans. It's not ideal, but it's 1000 times better than what we had. Romney instituted a similar system in my home state (MA), years before Obama's plan was put in place, and it works pretty well. But because a democratic president proposed it for the country, republicans demonized it. Also, what do you mean by "the majority are using the government for everything?" It's a semi-privatized system. Everyone pays into it, but it provides subsidized, cheaper options for people who can't afford it otherwise. What's wrong with that? And if you are talking about people on unemployment/welfare, you're just dead wrong. America pays out the least amount of welfare and unemployment in the developed world, and its not even close. The period that American citizens are eligible to collect unemployment is, on average, half the amount of time of other developed countries.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos