AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Comments: Page 6
Displaying posts 75 - 90 of 207
02:04 PM on 04/25/12
Holly HoX!
User Info.
Obama appears, to me, as down to Earth and in touch with reality, while at the same time not taking himself too seriously to have a laugh once in a while.

God knows the UK need a politician like this, instead of the elite educated toss pots who claim to offer different cuts/benefits but ultimately fuck us all over in the same way, and no one respects them

Also, now this is my slightly uneducated view so correct me if I'm wrong, don't flame me. Does the blame of student debts lie with Obama? Surely it's the schools/colleges/universities charging astronomical fees? I looked up a few different universities fees a couple of years ago and the amount you pay is just ludicrous, as is the price you pay for student accomodation. Why is it so high? Over here there has been a recent uproar over maximum annual fees rising to 9000, which is ludicrous enough.

That got a bit long, in short, why are fees in America so high?

It's not his fault or any individuals fault. It's the result of a faulty system that has been in place and perpetuating for some time.
02:05 PM on 04/25/12
Holly HoX!
User Info.
Yup. Committing genocide against Native Americans is real cool.

Lol he obviously just pulled that out of his ass. What an idiot he is.

Plus, everyone knows - on both sides - that Clinton was the shit.
02:10 PM on 04/25/12
PIG DESTROYER
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Everyone on here is probably just sucking Obama's dick so they don't get indefinitely detained.

Truthfully, my opinions on Obama aside, no president should do anything like this until their job as president is done, or is done enough to warrant some time off. Make all the excuses you want for him, but he hasn't made good on a lot of the things he promised if he was elected, and some of the things he has done were about 2-3 years late.

Try that at your job. "I'll do this tomorrow." and then you don't do it for 3 years? or ever? And then you go goof off for hours a day and take vacations left and right. See how long you keep that job.

You're all forgetting that the country elected him to do the things he said he would try to do. He hasn't done what he promised, and while those things remain undone, he's making jokes on TV. Shameful. The forgiving nature of people in the face of the atrocities this government has done is sickening. As long as your politicians are good looking and funny right?
02:11 PM on 04/25/12
theHECKLER
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Obama sucks

/heckling
02:13 PM on 04/25/12
Dustin Harkins
I forgot that happened
User Info.
Everyone on here is probably just sucking Obama's dick so they don't get indefinitely detained.

Truthfully, my opinions on Obama aside, no president should do anything like this until their job as president is done, or is done enough to warrant some time off. Make all the excuses you want for him, but he hasn't made good on a lot of the things he promised if he was elected, and some of the things he has done were about 2-3 years late.

Try that at your job. "I'll do this tomorrow." and then you don't do it for 3 years? or ever? And then you go goof off for hours a day and take vacations left and right. See how long you keep that job.

You're all forgetting that the country elected him to do the things he said he would try to do. He hasn't done what he promised, and while those things remain undone, he's making jokes on TV. Shameful. The forgiving nature of people in the face of the atrocities this government has done is sickening. As long as your politicians are good looking and funny right?
I need a burger at McDonalds around midnight and your shift ended at 10PM. You're at a bar. You shouldn't be there vacationing and celebrating, you should be making me my burger. I need it now.
02:13 PM on 04/25/12
Jason Tate
User Info.

I think comparing the President of the United States to someone's "regular" 9-5 job is pretty much as apples to oranges as you can get. And to your last point, yeah - he hasn't done everything he said he would do, but by most measures he's had one of the more productive first terms in history -- and has done a lot with the hand he was dealt.
02:17 PM on 04/25/12
i like apples
Kyle Max
User Info.
I think comparing the President of the United States to someone's "regular" 9-5 job is pretty much as apples to oranges as you can get. And to your last point, yeah - he hasn't done everything he said he would do, but by most measures he's had one of the more productive first terms in history -- and has done a lot with the hand he was dealt.
Love this. I really enjoy when people expect him to fix everything in 1 term, when in reality we were so far fucked that realistically we'll still be recovering even when he's done with his second term.
02:27 PM on 04/25/12
honestykills
User Info.
Yea that really wasn't funny at all.
02:31 PM on 04/25/12
PunkInfluence09
In it for the lulz
User Info.
Boom. Tate goes on the offensive. Tate casts logic! It's super effective!

Tate - 1

Random Nobody - 0
02:48 PM on 04/25/12
Kyle Garchar
You can quake at the thought of it
User Info.
Some people literally have no idea what they're talking about when it comes to politics. Zero knowledge on how the system actually works. None. It's astounding. I often wonder if people paid any attention during US Government in high school.
02:51 PM on 04/25/12
Kyle Garchar
User Info.
This is so pathetically stupid I'm not even going to try to argue with you
Kinda how I feel...
haha no, its not that. I'm just saying I've never seen a president try so desperately to appear on so many tv shows. It just kinda seems to me he wanted to be president so he could fulfill his fantasy of being a movie/tv star. You guys all have your opinions, that's fine. I just felt like throwing mine out there to shake it up a little.

Now if only he would start doing his job as "president" instead of the job he thinks he got elected for, "Superstar" Am I the only one that is sick of seeing his face on every TV show on every network, when he should worry a little more about this country and not how many TV shows he can get on in 4 years....
Do you realize, or have any idea, AT ALL, what the president does? I can't even type proper sentences right now because I'm so astounded at the pure ignorance of your comment. Please, pretty please, go and do some homework on the subject.

Amidst being a superstar, Barack Obama has also taken part in pushing some of these things...

http://whatthefuckhasobamadonesofar.com/
02:55 PM on 04/25/12
Kyle Garchar
User Info.

Do you realize what it's like when you're handed a plate full of shit and asked to turn it into Filet Mignon? Few even realized how bad the economic situation was until after he was in office, and if you take a look at things...the economy has been on a steady increase for years. It's called prioritizing, which is something everyone does at work. It's not a matter of "Oh I don't feel like getting around to this, so I'll do it tomorrow"

It's a matter of, "Oh, I have way more important stuff to do first, because if this shit doesn't get taken care of, nothing else will matter because we'll be balls deep in another great depression"
03:00 PM on 04/25/12
JamieTheSonger
05 Fuck Em
User Info.
03:18 PM on 04/25/12
Alexx Miller
Dominic Decoco
User Info.
I guess I'm part of the small minority who actually enjoyed Fallon on SNL, but god dammit I find his late night show to be absolutely atrocious!!
Seriously? I think the exact opposite!
03:33 PM on 04/25/12
AP_Punk
Anarchist Cat Owner
User Info.
is this the same night Refused was supposed to perform? that would've been a rad lineup. haha.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos