AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Books News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Forbes Publishes Article on Tom Gates' New Book

Posted by - 10:55 AM on 04/25/12
Previously I wrote about a new book from Tom Gates (former manager of The Format, Brand New, Anathallo), well - it's now in paperback, and Forbes has written up an article about it. I read the e-version a few weeks back -- and it's quite well written, touching, humorous, and a relatively fast read. I definitely enjoyed it. If I ever stop writing online, maybe I'd disappear across the world for a few months ... maybe. Also, never thought I'd see AP.net dropped in an article on Forbes.
From the ArticleOn January 1, 2009, Gates went to say goodbye to the guys in Brand New. “I went to their studio while they were making their record Daisy, and sat down and told them I had to do this,” he says. They were upset, but they understood it’s what Gates had to do: That day he left for a year-long trip around the world. This week marks the official release of Gates’ book chronicling his traveling experience, Wayward: Fetching Tales from a Year on the Road. Gates released it as an eBook last month without much fanfare, and it quickly became the top seller on the iTunes’ bookstore.

Also on iBooks and Amazon.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 18
11:00 AM on 04/25/12
zachff
deadformat.net/tradelist/zachff
User Info.
My girlfriend's got this on hold for me at the library. Looking forward to reading this and Butch Walker's book as well.
11:05 AM on 04/25/12
Jason Tate
User Info.
My girlfriend's got this on hold for me at the library. Looking forward to reading this and Butch Walker's book as well.
I cruised through both books in a weekend ... definitely both worth getting/reading.
11:11 AM on 04/25/12
Meeze
PunkOut.org
User Info.
I cruised through both books in a weekend ... definitely both worth getting/reading.
The story of Walker's studio sessions with Lindsey Lohan had me rolling on the ground in laughter. That 5-page story alone is worth the entire price of the book.
11:37 AM on 04/25/12
deFobbed14yrs
Legal Drug Dealer
User Info.
wow that namedrop is intense. so awesome for all parties involved.
12:07 PM on 04/25/12
AShannon04
http://drewshannon.net
User Info.
Wow, only $4.99 on Kindle. Done.
12:22 PM on 04/25/12
Blink2226
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
"to remembering the ecstasy and pain of his first love just before breaking up with his then-boyfriend in Berlin" im not sure what the writer is saying here.
12:23 PM on 04/25/12
TheSkyline
www.pillowtalktn.bandcamp .com
User Info.
Need to get this and Butch Walker's book. Both seem great!
01:16 PM on 04/25/12
Dob
partypartyparty
User Info.
This book was a great read. I really enjoyed it. His stories though sometimes short, were hilarious and entertaining.
01:32 PM on 04/25/12
i like apples
Kyle Max
User Info.
bought. pumped.
03:09 PM on 04/25/12
Matt Chylak
contextblues.wordpress.co m
User Info.
loved Wayward. any other book recs in the same vein?
03:45 PM on 04/25/12
Ailite
one bright dusk
User Info.
I got this book on my Kindle and flew through it; absolutely loved it. I shot Gates an email afterward telling him how much I enjoyed it and he got back to me to say thanks. Really nice guy, really great read. The Kindle version is only $4.99 which is a steal so I really can't recommend it enough. And it made me obsessed with this song-

05:05 PM on 04/25/12
LastDeclaration
mmm tasty
User Info.
multiple siq bragz in this post
06:19 PM on 04/25/12
Tim McCall
TBD
User Info.
Does apple not let you read their e-books on your computer?
12:40 AM on 04/26/12
Gumbyjag
Everything Evil
User Info.
Hmm will check this out.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT