Password
AP.net Related News - Page 3
Displaying posts 30 - 45 of 117.
07:29 AM on 04/26/12
buffziz
dannyziz
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Obviously all the ones that were mentioned above. Throw in Orgy, Incubus (SCIENCE), hedpe, and gravity kills, and stabbing westward. lol
07:29 AM on 04/26/12
buffziz
dannyziz
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
You guys all know you were in to the Escape from LA Soundtrack
07:37 AM on 04/26/12
ajax_jones
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
No Doubt was (is) huge for me. I'm not really ashamed to admit it, but they don't match up with a lot of the styles of music I listen to today. My "band" back in high school covered numerous songs off of Tragic Kingdom, and even Return of Saturn. I've seen them live a couple times over the years and to this day NO ONE gets me starstruck like Gwen Stefani.

07:41 AM on 04/26/12
cubsml34
A Class 3 KILLSTORM
User Info.
The NOW Cd's really hit it off with me when I was in 3rd through 4th grade, and I found the Blinks and Sum 41's and Yellowcard's of the world through those. ACDC really is responsible for getting me into guitar and music though, and even though I don't listen to them anymore they'll always have a special place for their work.
07:50 AM on 04/26/12
kaylasananjou
Count Your Lucky Stars Records / Kayla
User Info.
When I was twelve, the first CD I ever bought with my own money was Evanescence's "Fallen." And then that was basically the only band I listened to until I was fourteen and started looking up every band I saw on MTV2's rock video countdown. Then I subscribed to Alternative Press and started looking up all THOSE bands, and obviously, I listen to things that are way different than that.

But I'll never forget how much I loved them. They were the first band I was truly passionate about, and seeing them when I was fourteen was one of the coolest things ever. Sure, the pseudo-goth thing is kind lame, and admittedly, most of the lyrics aren't that great, but I'll still listen to their first two albums if I'm feeling particularly nostalgic. If it weren't for them, I don't think I would love music as much as I do. So...yeah. They'll always have a special place in my heart.
07:55 AM on 04/26/12
incognitojones
http://auburn-hills.tumblr.com
User Info.
No Doubt was (is) huge for me. I'm not really ashamed to admit it, but they don't match up with a lot of the styles of music I listen to today. My "band" back in high school covered numerous songs off of Tragic Kingdom, and even Return of Saturn. I've seen them live a couple times over the years and to this day NO ONE gets me starstruck like Gwen Stefani.

Fuck yeah, No Doubt had some killer jams. Would say they still hold up really well.
08:02 AM on 04/26/12
nickstetina
User Info.
08:11 AM on 04/26/12
Jeremy Aaron
User Info.
I was really into radio rock in the '90s, and all the stuff I liked back then I still shamelessly enjoy now, though my tastes are certainly broader. My iPod on shuffle during this morning's commute brought up The Flys' "Got You Where I Want You", Better Than Ezra's "Good" and Grant Lee Buffalo's "Truly, Truly". Maybe it's nothing more than nostalgia at this point, but those songs undeniably stroke a pleasure center in my brain. Why resist it? I think part of being a well-adjusted adult is being able to enjoy what you enjoy regardless of whatever others might say about it (or you). If you're listening to stuff because it's what overly-serious people in the music media or posters on a message board deem cool and acceptable, that's missing the point altogether.
08:14 AM on 04/26/12
jdr277
I got a lion in my pocket I'm lying
User Info.
Haha it's hard to think of them because I've deleted most of them.
Sugarcult, Bowling For Soup, Simple Plan, & Good Charlotte were some of the first bands I listened too, and really got me into music.
Than there are these bands, Hawthorne Heights, Cute Is What We Aim For, Boys Night Out, Kings Of Leon, Red Jumpsuit Apparatus, 112, Just Surrender, The Classic Crime, & others like them that I loved once but can never listen to again.
08:14 AM on 04/26/12
SingleDoubt
Strangers on this road we are on...
User Info.
Coldplay - Rush of Blood

Why would you be ashamed to admit that? That album is a modern masterpiece.

I went through a weird phase just before I got really into pop punk where I would alternate between Enema of the State and Drowning Pool or Linkin Park. I like to think of that as a crossroads and I'm pretty thankful for the musical direction I took
08:18 AM on 04/26/12
BobbyJae
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I listened to Backstreet Boys and N'Sync a lot when I was kid because my sister always had it blasting lol I listened to SoCal as a kid, still do. The Young and The Hopeless by Good Charlotte was the soundtrack to my childhood. I'll defend Panic! At The Disco because they are legit artists in a time of boring dullness. (There are a lot of good bands out there, but I'm just saying. Very artistic)
08:22 AM on 04/26/12
Vanilla Bear
celebrate the irony
User Info.
I don't think I've ever stopped loving a band I liked at one point. I still love Sugar Ray and Smash Mouth, the singles at least. I tried to play 14:59 all the way through not too long ago and couldn't get through it, it is really bad. Which is weird cause the singles are so damn good.

I used to listen to a ton of classic rock too (doesn't eveyone go through that in high school?) and now I pretty keep it to just Queen and the Beatles. I still like all the bands I heard, just like never play that shit anymore. I don't know how you could grow to hate a band unless they started putting out records you hated, and even then I would still love their old records.

Thank you for making me watch this.

08:23 AM on 04/26/12
Christian Wagner
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Adam, just wanted to say this is another INCREDIBLY well-written op-ed from you. I couldn't agree more with what you had to say.
08:24 AM on 04/26/12
blowmybutthole
User Info.
Wakefield - "American Made"

Yeah I said it!!!
08:31 AM on 04/26/12
incognitojones
http://auburn-hills.tumblr.com
User Info.
Thank you for making me watch this.

Throw on Can't Get Enough of You Baby or Walkin' on the Sun next! Jams for daysss
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests
RSS