AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

11:03 AM on 04/28/12 
User Info.
Steve Alcala
"Counting Fish"
Staff Member
No I haven't really read any books since I made the switch about two years ago. They always make me feel guilty/gross so I decided if I didn't eat meat I wouldn't need to be responsible about knowing what happens to food I don't eat lol
haha this book is like the Mothership of all that lol to sum it up, this book caused the FDA to be created after Theodore Roosevelt read it while president.

It's intense
11:05 AM on 04/28/12 
User Info.
BusterBluth
@edgarallentoe
frozen tundra
Male - 21 Years Old
meat is just gross
11:07 AM on 04/28/12 
User Info.
_veges_
haha this book is like the Mothership of all that lol to sum it up, this book cause the FDA to be created after Theodore Roosevelt read it while president.

It's intense
Oh wow that's crazy. The most intense book I've skimmed was something called Eating Animals a while ago, it more focuses on the treatment, but it's disturbing nonetheless
11:11 AM on 04/28/12 
User Info.
BusterBluth
@edgarallentoe
frozen tundra
Male - 21 Years Old
I haven't eaten meat in 5 years
11:14 AM on 04/28/12 
User Info.
_veges_
I haven't eaten meat in 5 years
That's really awesome, I just figured out the dates and it's been 2 years 8 months or something like that for me
11:17 AM on 04/28/12 
User Info.
BusterBluth
@edgarallentoe
frozen tundra
Male - 21 Years Old
That's really awesome, I just figured out the dates and it's been 2 years 8 months or something like that for me

It's been 5 1/2 years for me technically and I don't think I ever will... I feel so much better everyday.
11:17 AM on 04/28/12 
User Info.
_bluestOCT
Are you my trouble?
New Jersey
Female - 21 Years Old
It's not like they get the bugs straight from the ground, haha, it's probably bugs that are bred to be in foods for their nutrients. We've all been eating bugs in one form or another probably.
11:20 AM on 04/28/12 
User Info.
_veges_
It's been 5 1/2 years for me technically and I don't think I ever will... I feel so much better everyday.
Yeah I'm so glad I did. I was in eighth grade when I made the choice so not only did I feel better about not eating meat, but also I learned how to take people disagreeing/ being mean to me in stride. And it gave me some fun nicknames, hence my ridiculous username
11:22 AM on 04/28/12 
User Info.
_bluestOCT
Are you my trouble?
New Jersey
Female - 21 Years Old
Not gonna lie. Lots of vegetarians, in high school atleast, were arrogant pricks about their practices. Always having a "holier than thou" attitude about it. Wanted to punch them in the face.
11:23 AM on 04/28/12 
User Info.
_veges_
Not gonna lie. Lots of vegetarians, in high school atleast, were arrogant pricks about their practices. Always having a "holier than thou" attitude about it. Wanted to punch them in the face.
Oh yeah I actually hate other vegetarians in my school because like you said they're pricks about it. I don't judge because it's a really hard decision and not my business

And plus they judge me for not being a hardcore vegan
11:24 AM on 04/28/12 
User Info.
BusterBluth
@edgarallentoe
frozen tundra
Male - 21 Years Old
Yeah I'm so glad I did. I was in eighth grade when I made the choice so not only did I feel better about not eating meat, but also I learned how to take people disagreeing/ being mean to me in stride. And it gave me some fun nicknames, hence my ridiculous username

In high school I was already kinda off anyway so it didn't really matter. I was just none as"that kid" with the really strong beliefs.
11:25 AM on 04/28/12 
User Info.
BusterBluth
@edgarallentoe
frozen tundra
Male - 21 Years Old

Those are also the same types of people who started eating meat when being a vegetarian stopped being trendy.
11:26 AM on 04/28/12 
User Info.
_veges_
In high school I was already kinda off anyway so it didn't really matter. I was just none as"that kid" with the really strong beliefs.
lol that's basically how I am now. All my friends think of me as that weird liberal who likes strange, loud music
11:28 AM on 04/28/12 
User Info.
_bluestOCT
Are you my trouble?
New Jersey
Female - 21 Years Old
Oh yeah I actually hate other vegetarians in my school because like you said they're pricks about it. I don't judge because it's a really hard decision and not my business
Yeah, it's definitely not for everyone. I've considered it, but my parents would definitely not support it and I'm in no situation to be picky. It would be more for personal/health reasons if I ever made the switch though.

Those are also the same types of people who started eating meat when being a vegetarian stopped being trendy.
I'm pretty sure some of them gave up after a few months, haha. Or they'd justify eating one type of meat and not another. It was extremely weird. I know two girls that are still at it though, and they've become considerably more humble about it. Thank goodness.
11:30 AM on 04/28/12 
User Info.
BusterBluth
@edgarallentoe
frozen tundra
Male - 21 Years Old
lol that's basically how I am now. All my friends think of me as that weird liberal who likes strange, loud music

None of my friends got into Bright Eyes and I got made fun of for that, now I like Pianos Become The Teeth and stuff like that and they don't get it.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos