AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Interview

Cock Douglas - 04.26.12

Interviewed by
Cock Douglas - 04.26.12The following is a mini interview of generic questions that we posed to all bands that wanted to answer:

Cock Douglas

http://www.cockdouglas.com
http://www.facebook.com/pages/COCK-D...59361254136365
https://twitter.com/cockdouglas

1. How did you get your band name?

Well I got the name because I was watching a movie with Michael Douglas, and in that movie he was a womanizer and my friend said, "You're just as cool as Michael Douglas, he is such a man whore," and I replied, "I know, I'm his son, Cock Douglas."

2. How did this band get started?

Well I wrote this record after the BP oil spill destroyed everything I had. I wrote my record on my sailboat in seven days. After I moved back home, a few guys that I used to mentor as kids grew up to be the best players I ever heard. So the band formed.

3. What bands are you influenced by?

The Kinks,The Rolling Stones, The Hives, STP, The White Stripes, and Zeppelin

4. If you could tour with any bands, past or present, who would they be and why?

The Doors, because as a kid I thought Jim Morrison was the best songwriter/front man, and of course the Rolling Stones. I think they are the best band that ever was.

5. Best food to eat on tour?

Taco Bell and Subway.

6. Why should people listen to your band?

Because my music is party music. It's about having a hell of a good time,and we do all the time.

7. If you could be any athlete, which athlete would you switch places with?

Shawn White

8. If you won a Grammy, who would you thank?

Don Williams, Rob Vinton, Fools Parade Records, and of course first and foremost all of my kick ass fans!

9. If you could change something about the music industry, what would it be?

I would hope that people with great music could find some venue to reach there audience, because right now it is very hard to dig through all the junk to find the good stuff. We need to find a system that allows the good music to be put out there, who ever is writing it, who ever is recording it.

10. Memorable tour experience?

Playing the Whisky A GO GO in Los Angeles and then partying with Megadeth after at the Rainbow Room on the Sunset Strip.

11. What does AP.net mean to you?

I think great device for people to hear about awesome music and a place for people to speak their minds about the music they love.

12. What is your favorite song to play?

For me it has to be "The Devil Song" because it has such a personal meaning. I wrote the song about a dark point in my life and I felt like I had no way out. Plus the band solos out in the end so bad ass! Love it!!

13. What is your vacation spot of choice?

#1 Thailand
#2 Russia
#3 Costa Rica

14. What music reminds you of your childhood?

Nirvana, Alice in Chains, The Doors.

15. If you could have any super power, what would it be? Why?

I would want to fly, so I could visit all my friends around the world that I have met over the last few years.

16. Any pre-show superstitions or rituals?

I like to eat honey, drink hot water, and pace back stage alone until the very second I have to go out. I think it gets me motivated to do a great show.

17. What is something that most fans don't know about you?

I am a sailor. I love to sail my boat and just get away from the things of man for a minute.

18. What is your assessment of the current state of radio? Do you think it's a place where your band could flourish?

My band is flourishing on college radio and in the UK. I guess I wish radio was like it was in the '60s where the DJs decided what to play not a few guys that own radio conglomerates.

19. What do you like to do in your spare time?

Chase girls.

20. What kind of hidden talents do you have?

I'm told I am a good kisser.

No one has commented on this interview.
You can be the first.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums