AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Comments: Page 2
Displaying posts 15 - 30 of 51
01:20 PM on 04/27/12
Ohaidere
User Info.
Why is every metalcore/post-hardcore band going post-rock? It's obnoxious. Why is this a thing? Fedoras, thick rimmed glasses, flannel and toms are the new deep v's, swoopy hair, and script chest tattoos. Blech.

Not to mention the haircut all of the guys have in the background. Slicked backed greaser hair is the response to scene hair?

I prefer the hipster look, if you will, rather than the scenecore look. much cleaner.
01:29 PM on 04/27/12
HeavenResign
Registered Member
User Info.
Why is every metalcore/post-hardcore band going post-rock? It's obnoxious. Why is this a thing? Fedoras, thick rimmed glasses, flannel and toms are the new deep v's, swoopy hair, and script chest tattoos. Blech.

Not to mention the haircut all of the guys have in the background. Slicked backed greaser hair is the response to scene hair?
Is your profile totally ironic then? Either way I find this post much more hilarious now that I opened your profile.

I would put some hard money down two - three years ago you were the scene kid that you think these guys were (and maybe they were - I don't know what they looked like).
01:49 PM on 04/27/12
PetitnaindesĪles
We can gallop upon the sea...
User Info.

sarcasm right ? i hope so
02:27 PM on 04/27/12
WeltallAY
Je suis l'Alpha et l'Oméga
User Info.
I'm gonna be honest and say that if you didn't like clean head more than the tide or birtheater than you might not have ears

Or you could just have different music tastes....like myself.
02:31 PM on 04/27/12
low_rising
Registered Member
User Info.
damn, their new songs are really great, it should really help them get a wider audience, hopefully beyond the "scene" they were associated with.
02:33 PM on 04/27/12
Matt Brueckner
User Info.

how is it obnoxious for a band to change their sound of music? I think it's a good thing. It's better then a band sticking to a hardcore screamo whatever sound you want to call it. People's music taste changes. And who cares about how they dress...just be concerned with the music because after all this is a music website, not a fashion contest.
02:42 PM on 04/27/12
kemichels
I drove through ghosts to get here.
User Info.
sounds fine to me the vocals are just a little weird in the mix and real reverby or echoy or something because they're using a practice space and probably aren't mic'd up correctly to shoot a vid
Seriously? And that reverb/echo that you're hearing is his actual vocals, I'm pretty sure. That's kind of how he sounds live, lol.

I just think he sounds like a worse version of non-coherent Thom Yorke in this video. No offense tho, still love him.
03:00 PM on 04/27/12
BloodsuckerPtII
MIZ...ZOU!
User Info.
A )I've always been annoyed at the whole bands have to look a certain way attitude. If you're good you're good. Who cares what you look like.

B) How many original members do they have, the guitar player?
03:47 PM on 04/27/12
PetitnaindesĪles
We can gallop upon the sea...
User Info.
A )I've always been annoyed at the whole bands have to look a certain way attitude. If you're good you're good. Who cares what you look like.

B) How many original members do they have, the guitar player?
yep he's the only one who recorded on The Tide.
03:50 PM on 04/27/12
Jake Jenkins
https://twitter.com/jakej654
User Info.
Seriously? And that reverb/echo that you're hearing is his actual vocals, I'm pretty sure. That's kind of how he sounds live, lol.

I just think he sounds like a worse version of non-coherent Thom Yorke in this video. No offense tho, still love him.
No the sound I'm talking about is just the way it's recorded. The sound obviously isn't being picked up directly from a board so the vocals are off. It'll sound fine on record I'm sure
03:51 PM on 04/27/12
Jake Jenkins
https://twitter.com/jakej654
User Info.

Oceana hasn't been metalcore since 2009. This is 2012. Go back three years and then you can complain about it
04:02 PM on 04/27/12
TenSpeed
User Info.
that new album or whatever is never coming out its been something like five years right?
04:19 PM on 04/27/12
xananomaly
User Info.
I've loved this band through their whole career, birth.eater is one of my favorite records, can't wait for the new one.
04:38 PM on 04/27/12
MonstarGibson
...spin 'round carousel..
User Info.
Hate The Tide. Thoroughly enjoyed Birth.Eater. Been pleased with everything after. Solid evolution with this band.
04:58 PM on 04/27/12
joeycYDG
Your rational mind's insane
User Info.
that new album or whatever is never coming out its been something like five years right?
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...ecord-an-album
Help make it happen.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests