heycasey4
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
has a HRVRD sound to it. awesome
12:14 PM on 04/28/12
HyperactiveYout
Your twisted change is normal.
User Info.
This isn't about your profile (come on, you know that) - it's that you criticized someone (admittedly a band I think is way better now) for "following the trends" that you follow to a T. Which usually has more to do with getting older than some marketing thing considering they're label-less and I think you actually know that. When you fully fill out a profile like that sometimes you're bound to get shit for it when you say something stupid (and you did). Happens to everyone all the time - myself included. No need to get sassy about it. And it is relevant - you are/were being a hypocrite. It's not like you made a well worded statement like "I do not prefer this band's x material, oh well best of luck!" and I replied "YOU IDIOT YOUR HAIR IS STUPID LOLOLOL".

Don't be so defensive about it, just accept you said something silly and move on.

The difference is I'm not a band, and following trends doesn't effect any sort of artistic output of mine. I'm not selling my look, I'm not selling my sound. They are, and as a mild fan of their old work I feel cheated to know that what I thought was genuine creativity was just a facade to fit in with the rest of the crowd. That is something that becomes more apparent as they evolve into something new that just so happens to resemble the "next big thing". True this music isn't terrible, but it is hard to ignore the pretension of their "new found sound" when put in perspective along side their other work. Also, to claim that being label-less would imply they aren't trying to market themselves in such a way is silly. In all honesty, it means that they themselves have to be more conscious of how they present themselves. Therefore a label isn't forcing them into this current trendy niche.

Again, I don't really care what you think about my hastily put together profile on the internet. It can effect how you view my opinion all you want it to (and it obviously has considering it's still 90% of your argument), I really am completely accepting of your concentration on the subject matter. I only got "sassy" (which I love you for calling me that), because it's such a moot point what other music people listen to. It's the non-argument that always serves to make someone seem directionless in what point they're trying to make. My hypocritical nature doesn't change the point I'm making about the band. I don't reflect them at all, I can only judge what I see and hear. I'm only defensive in the matter of holding a debate about music for the sake of boredom, that's about it.
01:53 PM on 04/28/12
Mr. November
I won't fuck us over.
User Info.
Who cares what they look like.
06:45 PM on 04/28/12
tefarez
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
great stuff
06:55 PM on 04/28/12
Collaptic
User Info.
sounds really solid
beirut influenced??
11:43 AM on 04/29/12
Your Milkshake
...I drink it
User Info.
The difference is I'm not a band, and following trends doesn't effect any sort of artistic output of mine. I'm not selling my look, I'm not selling my sound. They are, and as a mild fan of their old work I feel cheated to know that what I thought was genuine creativity was just a facade to fit in with the rest of the crowd. That is something that becomes more apparent as they evolve into something new that just so happens to resemble the "next big thing". True this music isn't terrible, but it is hard to ignore the pretension of their "new found sound" when put in perspective along side their other work. Also, to claim that being label-less would imply they aren't trying to market themselves in such a way is silly. In all honesty, it means that they themselves have to be more conscious of how they present themselves. Therefore a label isn't forcing them into this current trendy niche.

Again, I don't really care what you think about my hastily put together profile on the internet. It can effect how you view my opinion all you want it to (and it obviously has considering it's still 90% of your argument), I really am completely accepting of your concentration on the subject matter. I only got "sassy" (which I love you for calling me that), because it's such a moot point what other music people listen to. It's the non-argument that always serves to make someone seem directionless in what point they're trying to make. My hypocritical nature doesn't change the point I'm making about the band. I don't reflect them at all, I can only judge what I see and hear. I'm only defensive in the matter of holding a debate about music for the sake of boredom, that's about it.
^ dude likes escape the fate and emmure

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version