Username
Password

Comments: Page 5
Displaying posts 60 - 63 of 63
02:46 PM on 04/30/12
Mattylikesfilms
If You Dig Up The Dead...
User Info.
It sounded like Powerman 5000. So, to each their own I guess.

I just dug the instrumentals and loved how different of a record it was. "Ink" is one of their strongest songs ever IMO.
04:51 AM on 05/05/12
Shadow147
duhhh
User Info.
Nothing about this song grabs me.

That said I was so happy when they said they had reformed. And I didnt even manage to catch them before they pulled the plug for real.

Say Hello To Sunshine is one of my favourite albums. And I thought the EP was great.

Its a shame that this band got tossed aside for not releasing What It Is To Burn part 2 and instead releasing something far superior.
Absolutely spot-on
07:05 AM on 05/05/12
LGFUAD21
User Info.
Say Hello To Sunshine is the reason why I love Finch so much. It's so twisted and heavy, I still get chills when listening to some of those songs. People hate on it because it was a huge departure from WIITB, but I enjoyed that album too. I wish Finch would have done a proper goodbye tour.

Say Hello to Sunshine is one of the worst albums I've ever heard in my life. Their first album was pretty solid. Especially because of the guest appearances from Daryl Palumbo, but man their follow up was terrible.

This isn't much better. To be honest I'm glad they broke up.

These 2 quotes both exemplify the album. Its taken a bit of a TBS Where You Want To Be/Tell It to Your Friends position.

Personally I think SHTS is superior to WIITB

Here's why.

WIITB was a fantastic record, so solid, but by the time SHTS came out, everybody had latched onto the sound of WIITB.

I think the SHTS was great because it was so original. The band pushed themselves so much lyrically and musically. The pure dynamics of each song blows me away. I just sometimes get the feeling that many people wrote it off because it wasnt as easily digestible as WIITB. There is no other record that sounds like SHTS. Whereas, take Nate's voice out of WIITB and it could be anyone. If you put the Singer of Story of the Year over it, I would genuinely believe it was their record had I not been so acquainted with it.

Not only is SHTS technically interesting, it's also catchy as hell in parts. I have in the past attempted to start many bands with SHTS being one of the key influences in mind.

I should point out Im not aiming this at you drewbaldy. I just used your quote to illustrate the polarising view on these albums.

Both albums for me are solid as fuck and you don't come across many albums like those these days where you can happily listening to each and every song without hitting the skip button/the ipod wheel/mouse to change track.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos