AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

The Academy Is News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

William Beckett: The Academy Is ... Weren't Fun Anymore

Posted by - 03:43 PM on 04/30/12
William Beckett recently opened up a little more on the ending of The Academy Is...
From The ArticleWe were really struggling. It wasn’t fun, and it wasn’t as natural as it should be, as it was in the beginning. I could’ve kept the band together and it could’ve seemed all nice and cozy, but the reality is I would’ve been miserable. I felt a responsibility not only to myself but to the fans of the band…to stick true to my vision without compromising and not force a record out just to keep the band together.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 28
03:47 PM on 04/30/12
CarouselBoy
Not everything, not yet
User Info.
Makes me even more sad about their breakup. I have great memories from listening to and seeing this band
04:02 PM on 04/30/12
Ashur
Shitty musician.
User Info.
Really breaks my heart. Loved these guys not only as a band, but as people too, so it's a shame to know it ended like that.
04:12 PM on 04/30/12
Rob McWilliams
Eat your salad, no dessert
User Info.
Reminds me of Dallas Green post-Alexisonfire. Shitty situation.
04:13 PM on 04/30/12
deezee
geekrevolt.com
User Info.
Meh, they'll get back together once they realize all their new projects are failing. Not that TAI was doing super great, but it seems like this always happens.
04:15 PM on 04/30/12
phillipjacob
@phillipjacob
User Info.
All the best for William. Guy has my support with whatever he does. I like the new ep and I think the three ep idea is a great idea, we'll never go long without new music and its a way to build up his solo career.
04:23 PM on 04/30/12
defy_stars
midnight nuisance
User Info.
Really breaks my heart. Loved these guys not only as a band, but as people too, so it's a shame to know it ended like that.
exactly
04:42 PM on 04/30/12
zachff
deadformat.net/tradelist/zachff
User Info.
I wonder who wanted to go in which direction.
04:43 PM on 04/30/12
mkohler
Get Myself Together
User Info.
This is so sad. I'm happy that they are doing what will make them happier in the end, but it's pretty bad to think about the times I met them and thought they were really having a great time.
04:49 PM on 04/30/12
Searos
Registered Member
User Info.
Meh, they'll get back together once they realize all their new projects are failing. Not that TAI was doing super great, but it seems like this always happens.
Its not really failing if you consider that a TAI album would of really only been big within a specific scene of music. A lot of fans of TAI are enjoying the EPs and he seems like he is pumping out a lot of music quick so it will be nice to hear some new work. If they get back together it will because the whole band gets back together and really nothing more.
04:53 PM on 04/30/12
kidinthebushes
User Info.
I imagine that being one of the hardest decision someone would have to make in their lives.
05:01 PM on 04/30/12
guitarguy211
The Starship Renegade
User Info.
Huh I loved TAI, and I love what he's doing solo. Best of luck to all of them whichever direction they choose.
05:03 PM on 04/30/12
MikeyJam
what shape is punk?
User Info.
wow that is sad. i remember tweets from them saying stuff like "just wrote the funnest song ever! #TAI4"
06:23 PM on 04/30/12
Dookie1994
User Info.
The writers weren't kidding about how all good things must end. Then again some things are far too good to go ahead and let go.
06:25 PM on 04/30/12
PopPunkKid
extremely old username
User Info.
Sucks they had to go out on Fast Times... wish they would've put out one more album, preferrably more Santi-like, before breaking up.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos