irthesteve
All that wander are not lost
User Info.
Well he is right that it's a terrible parody
08:02 PM on 05/01/12
imtherealdave
Mostly Harmless
User Info.
I understand where he is coming from, but if you have a number one song, unwanted attention is gonna happen. Dude should just deal with it and be happy that the song is huge.
I was about to say the same thing. He should be grateful that he's popular enough to parody.
08:04 PM on 05/01/12
jaredohgren
I'm just an artist on a shelf.
User Info.
Aw someone is butt hurt while raking in the bank with their album and single.
Love Nate, but seriously, take a joke.
08:05 PM on 05/01/12
oakhurst
Faith, Love, Hope
User Info.
We're at the point of reporting what Nate Reuss eats for lunch.
This.
08:11 PM on 05/01/12
CavanaughPark
Hey, I'm doing alright.
User Info.
I thought We Are Not Young was pretty funny because it's about being in your 30s and Nate just turned 30. And the rest of their band isn't exactly "young" either.
08:12 PM on 05/01/12
low_rising
Registered Member
User Info.
We're at the point of reporting what Nate Reuss eats for lunch.
Yep.
08:12 PM on 05/01/12
projectmayhem16
keep cool, but care
User Info.
He obviously has no concept of what the parody song means for an artist/band, but whenever they are finally relegated to playing half-empty clubs (somewhere in the not so distant future) I think he might have a better understanding of just what this kind of success means to he and his band.
08:13 PM on 05/01/12
Cody Nelson
Your mouth to God's south.
User Info.
read the rest of the article, sons

"I think the bottom line is ... we're happy the song is culturally relevant enough to be a parody. That's a huge milestone for us," Antonoff said. "We really haven't actually seen [the parodies], to be honest, but no matter how good they are, it's cool that someone actually did it. It's an honor to be made fun of."

Over/under on how many more times you'll have to post that quote before people understand it? Smh cmon son
08:13 PM on 05/01/12
heyzombiehitler
has feelings
User Info.
i'm sure these parodies are terrible, but i'de be pretty happy if my music was popular enough to get the terrible youtube satire treatment.
08:14 PM on 05/01/12
Manufactured Dreams
Fabricated Revolution
User Info.
Yeah i mean this isn't really a wild statement, those songs all suck

also important to note that they aren't being dickheads about it, they probably just got asked the question and said it wasn't funny

Of course this wouldn't be shown and most of the posters on this site just respond without reading the whole article. Journalism at its best right here.
08:18 PM on 05/01/12
CBKRP
Registered Member
User Info.
I not even a fan of FUN but Iam a fan of someone like their front man telling the truth about how he feels. The bottom line is that a lot and I mean a lot of people in this world who think they are funny, just plain aren't.
08:19 PM on 05/01/12
G-Chord
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Okay. All of you need to read the damn article. They say that they're honoured to be parodied, they just don't think that they are funny. And they're right. So I don't see how this is a big deal.
08:21 PM on 05/01/12
projectmayhem16
keep cool, but care
User Info.
only posting it once, the rest of the people are just dumb

hey i have an opposing viewpoint let me post it quickly without reading the article/other comments/thinking about it!
No, I get it. They just shouldn't be so uppity about their success. It's unattractive to fans if an artist seems this jaded, practically overnight.
08:21 PM on 05/01/12
Handraa
.-.-.-.-.
User Info.
Harsh.
08:23 PM on 05/01/12
tyler2tall147
Awesome
User Info.
People are blowing this out of proportion. 99% of the time youtube parody's suck and aren't funny. I have a feeling his answer would have been the same a year ago if they asked him how he felt about song parodies in general.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos