AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Interview

Plans For Revenge - 10.15.03

Interviewed by
this is chris from plans for revenge and I having a convo VIA aim today, October 14th, 2003. You can read it if you're down. Check these guys out if you haven't they rule!

www.plansforrevenge.com

Wark: What did you have for breakfast today?

Gotta have my pops! (seriously)

Wark: how long have you guys been a band?

oct 2002 original line up was four piece .oj and andy on guitars, me on bass and vocals, and aaron on drums jan 2003 we did 6 piece.

Wark: So, what inspired you to sing in a band?

well honestly i was the bassist, and i wanted to just play bass. unfortunately no one else in the band has a good singing voice(so they say) so im nominated to sing. i tried to give it up too. i wanted to find a singer for the band. but i guess when it comes down to it...deep down i like singing to the songs i write. it helps me have more passion about what i'm doing. the songs become more meaningful to me.

Wark: What are your lyrics about?

when i first started writing lyrics, they weren't about anything real. I'd write about anything, and i didnt "feel it". now when i write i take alot of time, and think about what i'm writing and how it might affect a listener. you can see this mainly in our song death device. it's about deaths in my family and mainly the death of my drummers mother and grandfather within the same year. i spend a lot time writing and re writing lyrics, so i know what i'm saying and i can easily explain them in a story like kind of way.

Wark: Got any awesome REVENGE stories?

i could tell you but then id blow my cover, and i'd have to kill you.

Wark: When did you record your full length?

we recorded "burns, scars, and memories" end may - mid june of 2003 in our practice studio. Our guitarist Andy Kugler recorded and produced it. It was mastered by mark pappakostas @ digi design.

Wark : What are your plans for touring>

West coast until we get a label to back us or a bigger band takes us under their wings. We are all broke, and we need a new van badly. We are all saving our money! We want to live out on the road eventually. And we need a trailer! When we play elsewhere we have to use two cars because there are freaking 6 of us!

Wark: What records are you currently listening to?

coheed and cambria, brand new, radiohead, fighting jacks(new record out oct 21st), dillinger escape plan, the program, maida, outkast

What are your all time favorite records?

(chris) lifetime - jersey's best dancers, radiohead - the bends, jawbreaker - dear you, refused - shape of punk to come, and in flames - colony (brandon) jimmy eat world - clarity, greenday - dookie, (doug) strung out - twisted by design, (rich) weezer - pinkerton

Wark: What are your favorite movies?

buffalo 66', another day in paradise, happiness, office space, clerks, clockwork orange, true romance, army of darkness, and pee wee's big adventure ...anything with mandy moore says brandon. aaron likes girls gone wild i'm sure those are his favorite movies. GGW #3

Have you seen happiness?

oh i love happiness! I've made everyone watch that movie. Doug wont watch it though. It bothers him, haha.

Wark: haha " I Came".

dad..yes son...what does cum mean?

Wark: Ronald Farber says his penis is 11 inches long. haha

Hahahaha, i assure you he is full of shit

Wark: haha... "you think im shit, well I'm champagne and you are shit, and until the day you die you will always be shit".

hell yeah

Wark: richard and stefanie show every band they sign that movie.
kenny from the starting line had nightmares, hahaha. he saw it when he was 16.

oh man, did he really? I love that movie! Have you see Todd's new movie, Storytelling?

Wark: nah i haven't

dude you have to see that movie! its a shocker...not as good as happiness or welcome to the dollhouse, but awesome!

Wark: i had no idea he made a new one, you're awesome!

Dude, i love movies! add twin peaks on my list of favorites. i love david lynch!

Wark: What is your favorite curse word?

the mother of all curse words...fuck! of course...used in the proper context it can be amazing!

Wark: What turns you on?

michelle branch turns me on
Wark: What turns you off?
ignorance and ear cheese

Wark: If heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the pearly gates?

people might get the wrong idea is say something bad about god

Wark: dude... it's meant to be fun! Richard from DTR said "Hello I'd like you to meet your new sex slave, Pamela Anderson".

hahahhaaa...that's amazing! let me ask doug what he would say......doug says: you made me laugh, stoked to have you!
--------------------------

No one has commented on this interview.
You can be the first.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums