|Hint: Have a band you'd like to see interviewed? Tell us.|
|The following is a mini interview of generic questions that we posed to all bands that wanted to answer:|
1. How did you get your band name?
We wanted something simple and easy to remember after the dissolution of our last band, Gossip Grows On Trees (kind of a mouthful!). We made a giant list of names and The Record stood out.
2. How did this band get started?
Lead singer/guitarist Sean Spollen and I (Tyler Drake) had played in two other bands together. When the last of those broke up, we decided to record some songs that Sean had written over the years that didn't fit those bands. We decided to record ourselves in our house for a challenging project and it eventually grew into a band.
3. What bands are you influenced by?
We grew up on some of the pop-punk staples like The Get Up Kids and Saves The Day. Vocally, we are influenced by some classic acts like the Beatles. I also think that Nirvana and The Smashing Pumpkins were ridiculously good.
4. If you could tour with any bands, past or present, who would they be and why?
The Who. Those dudes were hardcore.
5. Best food to eat on tour?
Anything that is not fast food or from a gas station!
6. Why should people listen to your band?
We combine a wide range of styles into catchy songs, with melodic vocals and guitars. Our first album, The Things You Can't Forget, was written and played by Sean and I and is more pop-punk/acoustic based. Our sophomore album, Party Monster, features all of our members and is a little darker and heavier. Both are killer EPs though!
7. If you could be any athlete, which athlete would you switch places with?
8. If you won a Grammy, who would you thank?
My bandmates, local club owners/bookers, family and friends.
9. If you could change something about the music industry, what would it be?
No more required pre-sale of tickets to put local bands on a show. It's killing those dudes.
10. Memorable tour experience?
We were in Pittsburgh in the middle of a snowy winter and some dudes in a giant truck slammed into the side of our trailer as we were loading gear. Luckily our trailer was a steel beast made in the 1960s so it survived, but what a scare!
11. What does AP.net mean to you?
AP.net is one of the few places with equal access for bands, both large and small. I like that.
12. What is your favorite song to play?
That would be our track "Rosabelle Believe" off of our upcoming album, Party Monster. It ends with a giant guitar solo. FUN.
13. What is your vacation spot of choice?
Send me to the coast. I like the beach.
14. What music reminds you of your childhood?
Nirvana, Soundgarden, Bush. I was a grungy kid.
15. If you could have any super power, what would it be?
16. Any pre-show superstitions or rituals?
Nope. We try not to eat too much? Kind of a ritual I guess.
17. What is something that most fans don't know about you?
We practice in a storage unit by a Wal-Mart.
18. What is your assessment of the current state of radio? Do you think it's a place where your band could flourish?
Major radio stinks. College stations are still legit, especially the ones around us in North Carolina. We could flourish on those.
19. What do you like to do in your spare time?
Hang out by the pool, lift weights. We sound like meatheads!
20. What kind of hidden talents do you have?
We are nasty good at NHL 2012.
No one has commented on this interview.You can be the first.
More From This Author
Buy the Music