Username
Password
All Time Low News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
All Time Low
Inside AP.net

All Time Low on Punk'd Tonight

Posted by: Jason Tate (05/03/12)
Alex and Jack from All Time Low will be on Punk'd tonight. I didn't know this show still existed, and was just thinking about these guys from Anton's awesome post here.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 49.
03:13 PM on 05/03/12
Alex DiVincenzo
www.alexislegend.com
User Info.
And Nick Cannon!
03:15 PM on 05/03/12
Qadriyyah
Yeah, that girl...
User Info.
Everything they do just reeks of desperation to me.
03:16 PM on 05/03/12
Avalanche1
Keep running, keep shining on
User Info.
They are at my school tonight playing a show for our end of the year festival thing. Should be fun.
03:23 PM on 05/03/12
Playsw/Squirels
Duckies Rule!!
User Info.
lol what do they do for desperation? For being a pop rock band, they're pretty big. Its not like theyre desperate for money and popularity. They already have that. Theyre punking Demi Lovato because the'yre friends and just wanna have fun haha
03:26 PM on 05/03/12
DevinDomino
FUCKyeah
User Info.
I don't get it. First of all they're not the ones being Punk'd. They are actually involved in the prank so obviously someone thought enough about them to involve them. It's not like they walked up to MTV studios and said "hey, let us prank dat hot ass Demi Lovato so all the teenage girlies can scream for us and make you guys tons of moneeeey". Alex has better English than that.
03:29 PM on 05/03/12
cowlord
stahp
User Info.
I really never thought I'd say this but...the show was better with Ashton....
03:41 PM on 05/03/12
deezee
geekrevolt.com
User Info.
Just saw Anton's post. I've said it for years (even when their popularity peaked on this site)--ATL will never blow up (they'll just stay on the cusp until they disband). So I wasn't shocked, I'm surprised more people didn't see it coming (maybe it was denial). They just came out a couple of years too late, and by then the mainstreams' obsession with pop-punk was dying rapidly.

That's why I'll say this again. On their next album they should go 100% pop-punk, forget trying to write something that will be a hit, or just go in a new direction.

I don't know, the genre might have a revival at some point, but now the mainstream loves acts like Fun. and Gotye.

Now on topic--when did Punk'd come back on the air?
03:43 PM on 05/03/12
DevinDomino
FUCKyeah
User Info.
Who's the host now?
03:44 PM on 05/03/12
Qadriyyah
Yeah, that girl...
User Info.
lol what do they do for desperation? For being a pop rock band, they're pretty big. Its not like theyre desperate for money and popularity. They already have that. Theyre punking Demi Lovato because the'yre friends and just wanna have fun haha

I don't get it. First of all they're not the ones being Punk'd. They are actually involved in the prank so obviously someone thought enough about them to involve them. It's not like they walked up to MTV studios and said "hey, let us prank dat hot ass Demi Lovato so all the teenage girlies can scream for us and make you guys tons of moneeeey". Alex has better English than that.

I'm not talking about money, I'm talking about fame. They're desperate to be famous. From that shitty IFLD song that was a blatant attempt to get on the radio to Jack's "relationship" with Holly Madison. They try way too hard. Come on, do you really think MTV thought of All Time Low? My guess is that they contacted them and said they wanted to punk Demi. Demi happens to be an actual celebrity so MTV agreed. No one outside of this bubble cares enough about this band to want them on their show.
03:45 PM on 05/03/12
Qadriyyah
Yeah, that girl...
User Info.
Same could be said about That 70's Show. It was shit after he left.
03:46 PM on 05/03/12
Qadriyyah
Yeah, that girl...
User Info.
Just saw Anton's post. I've said it for years (even when their popularity peaked on this site)--ATL will never blow up (they'll just stay on the cusp until they disband). So I wasn't shocked, I'm surprised more people didn't see it coming (maybe it was denial). They just came out a couple of years too late, and by then the mainstreams' obsession with pop-punk was dying rapidly.

That's why I'll say this again. On their next album they should go 100% pop-punk, forget trying to write something that will be a hit, or just go in a new direction.

I don't know, the genre might have a revival at some point, but now the mainstream loves acts like Fun. and Gotye.

Agreed 100%
03:48 PM on 05/03/12
Joey-Wan Kenobi
fourth and goal
User Info.
cuz girlllls just wanna have fuh-unnn
Attached Images

03:58 PM on 05/03/12
Playsw/Squirels
Duckies Rule!!
User Info.

I agree with them being a little late on pop punk being in mainstream. Idk if this recordll be "pop punk" per say, but they said theyre not shooting for radio with this record. Going back to drums,guitars, bass and vocals only. One producer. One alotted amount of time. Rian has recorded the drums for the reocrd already and said the drums for the reocrd are crazy hard or something like that, which means faster tempos, which means more of a rock or pop punk feel.
04:13 PM on 05/03/12
Playsw/Squirels
Duckies Rule!!
User Info.
I'm not talking about money, I'm talking about fame. They're desperate to be famous. From that shitty IFLD song that was a blatant attempt to get on the radio to Jack's "relationship" with Holly Madison. They try way too hard. Come on, do you really think MTV thought of All Time Low? My guess is that they contacted them and said they wanted to punk Demi. Demi happens to be an actual celebrity so MTV agreed. No one outside of this bubble cares enough about this band to want them on their show.
Alright yea I agree with that aspect. Theyve said they want to be a household name and Dirty Work was obviously meant to reach different audiencies. But I still disagree that theyre "desperate" to be famous. Its not like they have huge egos and are involved in drama constantly ya know what I mean?

But regardless of their reasoning, I dont really get whats so bad about wanting to be big. If I was as successful as them I'd want to be as big as I could possibly get. If they have the chance to play on Conan, or be on tv, who the hell wouldnt try. It helps them reach to audiences they cant usually cant since they arent on mainstream radio. And Im sure theyve had fun being on Silent Library and Punkd. Idk. personally I think itd be stupid for them to be too proud to go on tv and let their popularity go to waste and just wait till theyre too old to do this kind of stuff.

Idk. just my opinion. We can agree to disagree.
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests