AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

This Providence News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

This Providence Talk Life After FBR

Posted by - 04:48 PM on 05/03/12
This Providence have opened up about the next stage of their career - sans Fueled by Ramen.
From the InterviewJust kind of coping with the anxiety that came along with trying to put out a record that the label would love and that we would love and that fans would love. Itís a lot of pressure when itís record number four. Thatís part of what took so long was that I had some emotional bullshit I had to get through before I could start writing the songs I really wanted to write.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 24
04:50 PM on 05/03/12
Maiaophilia
my heart beats pacific -
User Info.
It seems like a lot of bands are dropping FBR these days.
05:03 PM on 05/03/12
topsecret
User Info.
You mean FBR is dropping all the bands that don't sell. With Fun selling 3 million downloads & moving 10k physical a week, the major owned FBR does not need bands that can't sell 10k total.
05:06 PM on 05/03/12
Formatfun
Format, The, Format, The
User Info.
I'm still gonna listen to the next thing they put out, with or without FBR... dug their last one a ton.

You mean FBR is dropping all the bands that don't sell. With Fun selling 3 million downloads & moving 10k physical a week, the major owned FBR does not need bands that can't sell 10k total.
Maiaophilia will never know what you said to her unless you hit "Quote"!
05:10 PM on 05/03/12
UnderMyDreams
User Info.
No Avatar Selected

Truth.
05:21 PM on 05/03/12
plns
Registered Member
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Kind of sad. They're playing a coffee shop that can barely hold 75 people on their next tour through my city.
05:39 PM on 05/03/12
phillipjacob
@phillipjacob
User Info.
This is another band that needs to be discussed on the Thursday discussion. One of the most talented bands that's been overlooked.

My beautiful Rescue is one of my favorite songs. And even from an unbiased opinion, this band knows how to craft a tune.
06:18 PM on 05/03/12
heyitskyle
Lover, the Lord Has Left Us
User Info.
Kind of sad. They're playing a coffee shop that can barely hold 75 people on their next tour through my city.
I saw them when they opened for Go Radio, and they were awesome. The crowd really seemed to dig them, too.
06:30 PM on 05/03/12
plns
Registered Member
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I saw them when they opened for Go Radio, and they were awesome. The crowd really seemed to dig them, too.
Yeah, it's on that tour. It might have already come through my town.
06:49 PM on 05/03/12
Penguin
ANTHYDING CAN HADPLEN
User Info.
Awesome interview! The new songs sounded great live, so I'm excited to hear the EP.
07:19 PM on 05/03/12
Maiaophilia
my heart beats pacific -
User Info.
I'm still gonna listen to the next thing they put out, with or without FBR... dug their last one a ton.

Maiaophilia will never know what you said to her unless you hit "Quote"!

I still lurk threads... Honestly FBR got lucky with Fun. The main reason they got signed I think actually has to do with Jono showing then to Hayley ... I think that's shitty that they're dropping everyone else to bank on their cash cow.
08:11 PM on 05/03/12
kismet
Occasionally a fan girl
User Info.
I'm glad they had the chance to jump on the Go Radio tour. I have high hopes for what they'll do. Brier is really solid IMO.
09:02 PM on 05/03/12
Formatfun
Format, The, Format, The
User Info.
I still lurk threads... Honestly FBR got lucky with Fun. The main reason they got signed I think actually has to do with Jono showing then to Hayley ... I think that's shitty that they're dropping everyone else to bank on their cash cow.
fun. may have gotten big without FBR at all. Something in me feels like it was bound to happen with how good they are.
10:22 PM on 05/03/12
iseejosh
Registered Member
User Info.
FBR did give them a push when 'letdown' was released as a single off of the last record. I think they could've went off of that momentum and released 'waste myself' as a follow up and got a little bigger. Who knows, but them and the swellers definitely don't belong on FBR in this day and age.
11:53 PM on 05/03/12
Maiaophilia
my heart beats pacific -
User Info.
fun. may have gotten big without FBR at all. Something in me feels like it was bound to happen with how good they are.
Oh thats what I was saying, I clearly was not saying they got big because of FBR.

FBR was the lucky ones for signing them at the right moment. They have nothing to do with their success I personally feel.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos