Username
Password

Comments: Page 2
Displaying posts 15 - 24 of 24
02:03 AM on 05/04/12
Gumbyjag
Everything Evil
User Info.
It's really too bad he felt that pressured. I hope confidence comes back for this band.
02:15 AM on 05/04/12
ihaveblink
User Info.
fun. may have gotten big without FBR at all. Something in me feels like it was bound to happen with how good they are.
Timing is everything right?

Kind of hard to judge something like this, but FBR is pretty much a indie disguised as a major label. So the same team behind Paramore and FOB are behind fun now. So they've had a huge push and the right connections and it's not just a random coincidence they got to be in a Superbowl Ad, Glee, huge radio push, etc. It came from being signed to FBR. Of course, you don't get far unless you have the hits to back it up. Fun deserves everything they've received and I'm proud of what they've accomplished and are putting something out there that's legit and has some amount of authenticity. They have a loyal starting fanbase (I'm guessing you like The Format, so do I, :) ) and that is a good combination to get a band into where they are. Basically my point is that bands don't get number one hits unless they have some insider pull. FBR is responsible for that.
07:23 AM on 05/04/12
Zack Zarrillo
User Info.

Kind of hard to judge something like this, but FBR is pretty much a indie disguised as a major label. So the same team behind Paramore and FOB are behind fun now. So they've had a huge push and the right connections and it's not just a random coincidence they got to be in a Superbowl Ad, Glee, huge radio push, etc. It came from being signed to FBR. Of course, you don't get far unless you have the hits to back it up. Fun deserves everything they've received and I'm proud of what they've accomplished and are putting something out there that's legit and has some amount of authenticity. They have a loyal starting fanbase (I'm guessing you like The Format, so do I, :) ) and that is a good combination to get a band into where they are. Basically my point is that bands don't get number one hits unless they have some insider pull. FBR is responsible for that.
I agree with you. Fueled By obviously had a large, if not full part, in the Superbowl, Glee, and radio push in addition to getting the producer they did to work on the album.

Regardless of whether or not fun. wrote the great songs (which they did), that only goes so far when it comes to becoming literally the biggest band in the US right now
08:26 AM on 05/04/12
Br&New182
...survived prep school.
User Info.

do you mean major label disguised as an indie?
11:30 AM on 05/04/12
ihaveblink
User Info.
do you mean major label disguised as an indie?
Lol, both actually. They are technically an indie, but not really since they kind of work like a imprint of Atlantic.
05:59 PM on 05/04/12
guitarguy211
The Starship Renegade
User Info.
This Providence rule. Best of luck to them. Their live show is unbelievably good, and their new cd is amazing.
06:24 PM on 05/06/12
stuckonsmile
Singer; songwriter youtube/mrowks
User Info.
I still lurk threads... Honestly FBR got lucky with Fun. The main reason they got signed I think actually has to do with Jono showing then to Hayley ... I think that's shitty that they're dropping everyone else to bank on their cash cow.
woah. not so.
The format was originally going to sign to FBR, but couldn't get off their label to do so. They got gypped, so this time around FBR didn't mess around.
07:49 PM on 05/06/12
Maiaophilia
my heart beats pacific -
User Info.
woah. not so.
The format was originally going to sign to FBR, but couldn't get off their label to do so. They got gypped, so this time around FBR didn't mess around.
Then why wasn't aim and ignite released on FBR? --

:|
09:06 AM on 05/07/12
stuckonsmile
Singer; songwriter youtube/mrowks
User Info.
Then why wasn't aim and ignite released on FBR? --

:|
I'm not sure of the exact reason--it probably had to do with the fact that the label probably wanted them to prove they could make it as a band and sell records...

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos