AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Band Break-Up News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Brightwood Break-Up

Posted by - 11:40 PM on 05/03/12
Brightwood has gone on an indefinite hiatus.
From the BandFirstly, our deepest apologies for not keeping you guys in the loop about what's been happening these past few years. The goal with this message is to fill you in on everything. By employing your impecable deductive reasoning... skills, I'm sure you've already gathered that Brightwood has been more than a little beneath the radar for some time now. The circumstances surrounding this reality are not sensational. The fact of the matter is, Brightwood has just not been happening. As much as it would be easiest to blame this on a violent break-up, the truth is there really is no clear-cut explaination. All the members of the band are still the best of friends and hold each other in the highest regard. The variable nuances of the different lives of the members of the group have just lead us down different paths. Given the current state of things, we've collectively decided that it wouldn't be fair to you as our friends to try and postpone the inevitable. Brightwood, for now, is at rest.

….Before the despair hits, please continue reading.

Here comes the exciting news (at least for me)…my brother Andrew and I have started working on a new project. You can check it out at http://landandseamusic.com/ or like us on Facebook (www.facebook.com/landandseamusic) to get continued updates and to watch the project take shape.

And finally, as a token of our appreciation for all of your support over the years, we are releasing a brand new single called "One Sleep Past" on Noisetrade for free! View this as a "farewell for now" gift. Visit the following link for your free download.

http://noisetrade.com/brightwood

Much love,

Stephen

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 30
11:47 PM on 05/03/12
S9Dallasoz
Knows the words to 'Bye Bye Bye'
User Info.
Damn shame. Great band.
11:50 PM on 05/03/12
DandonTRJ
~~~ヾ(^∇^
User Info.
I take credit for triggering this by having brought them up in the Thursday Thread.

Consequently, I hate myself.
11:51 PM on 05/03/12
jusscali
EMO REVIVAL IS FOR BITCHES
User Info.
This hurts bad.
12:02 AM on 05/04/12
jennasaur
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Such a shame. They made some lovely music.
12:04 AM on 05/04/12
Allstarme23
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I take credit for triggering this by having brought them up in the Thursday Thread.

Consequently, I hate myself.
I noticed your post I loved this band it's a sad day for music.
12:07 AM on 05/04/12
Allstarme23
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I want wake on vinyl!!!!
12:32 AM on 05/04/12
DandonTRJ
~~~ヾ(^∇^
User Info.
I want wake on vinyl!!!!
YES.
01:29 AM on 05/04/12
chrisontour84
User Info.
hmm :/
01:34 AM on 05/04/12
t00latef0rr0ses
Purple Monkey Dishwasher
User Info.
what a fucking great band. sad to see it come to an end.
01:48 AM on 05/04/12
Prae Omnia
User Info.
Fucking awful way to kick off my Friday. Loves this band so much. The EP, the album, and the acoustic album are all favorites of mine.
02:09 AM on 05/04/12
Jonathan Bautts
User Info.
That sucks. Never understood why these guys weren't bigger.
05:18 AM on 05/04/12
hisandherpes
User Info.
I'm really kicking myself for not driving 45 minutes to see them the one time they played in Illinois.

I remember hearing about them on The Daily Chorus and buying their EP off Smartpunk.
05:22 AM on 05/04/12
SILYW
Canadian Mall Marriage 6000
User Info.
Wake was just one of those albums that hit all the right notes with me, even listening to it now it still seems as new and fresh and when I first heard it. It's such a shame they have split up as they were quality songwriters and had such much potential. The singers new project with his brother 'Land and Sea' sounds very promising though, so at least Brightwood fans have that to look forward to.
05:24 AM on 05/04/12
Naenia
Ay payita mia, guardate la poesia
User Info.
That's a real shame. Can't wait to listen to that new project & the free download though.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos