AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Album Review
Hint: Follow a reviewer to be notified when they post reviews.
Radio Reds, The - Let It Show Album Cover
Author's Rating
Vocals 7.25
Musicianship 7.25
Lyrics 7.25
Production 7
Creativity 7.25
Lasting Value 7
Reviewer Tilt 7
Final Verdict: 71%
Member Ratings
No one has rated this album. You can be the first.

Radio Reds, The - Let It Show

Reviewed by: InfiniteArms (05/05/12)
The Radio Reds - Let It Show
Record Label: Unsigned
Release Date: April 10, 2012

I had trouble writing this review for two reasons. The first one being that the music is very different at the same time as being much the same, so I went in expecting something and I got something completely different. The second reason being, because I got something completely different, I honestly had no opinion on it, even after the third listen. I found it to be very unique, and after a real assessment, The Radio Reds do a great job on this 4 track EP.

The first track “Lucky Strike” is probably the stand out and a great way to start the EP. It sums up the band in 4 minutes and leaves you wanting the next track, which is less than seconds away when the track finishes. It starts off with a rough sort of bass and then the guitar chimes in and shortly after Stephen's vocals come in. Starts off a little slow but by the chorus you're already clapping and singing with him, even though you don't know the words.

The second track “Disconnected” starts off with a very sort of space rock, something big is going to happen sort of feel, and you'll be glad to know something big happens, you hear drum sticks being hit together and then the music comes in strong and fast, and the vocals rise from behind the music. It's very upbeat and catchy, and the band knows when to pull back and let it rest and when to let go and let the music fly, oh and it flies!

I said I had trouble writing a review, and the third track was a massive speed bump in the album, “California Snow” is the slowest song on the album in my opinion, they've still got the great song writing going on for them and the great musicianship, but it really slows the EP down when you think it's going to kick off into something fast paced and out of our minds. Putting that aside though, the song is very well executed and although not perfect, it's damn well close to it! In fact, that last sentence could be said about the whole EP.

“Bedroom Noise” the last track, the closer, the one that has to leave you wanting more, and it does! It starts off a with vocals harmonising to ring in the music, and then you hear them again a different points all through the track. It speeds up and sort of brings a 90's punk rock vibe to it.

I found this EP to be very front loaded, I liked the first 2 tracks much more than the last two, It's a solid EP nevertheless. For a band that started out a folk rock duo, they've obviously recruited the right members to make the band go that little bit further. This band is very likeable.

The band will be embarking on a mini tour over the summer, the dates are still to be confirmed but make sure to check their Facebook for details.

Recommended If You Like Hostage Calm (maybe), Theset, Post-Punk

Track List1. Lucky Strike
2. Disconnected
3. California Snow
4. Bedroom Noise

Standout Tracks “Lucky Strike” “Disconnected”

No one has commented on this album review.
You can be the first.
Options
More From This Author

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums