Password

Album Review - Page 2
Displaying posts 15 - 30 of 46.
04:45 PM on 10/22/07
saysmydoctor
Resident New Yorker
User Info.
Terribly written review
Just because you don't agree, doesn't make it bad. Actually, in all its brutality, it was very well written and though harsh, it was critical very professionally.
06:00 PM on 10/22/07
speakup
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
you really shouldn't be such a dick about this.
i think you're honestly more upset how the 'scene' has gone down hill rather than this band being so terrible.

when writing a review, I'd suggest you'd leave a majority of your bias towards something else out of it instead of pinning it on the subject of your review.
it just shows how bitter you are.
06:01 PM on 10/22/07
laflava
User Info.
not a very eloquent use of language and punctuation....but hot damn, good review.
06:13 PM on 10/22/07
geekrockandroll
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Spot on review. Let's hope their next endeavor "Cinematic" goes well.
06:37 PM on 10/22/07
OveriseFan
is not Oversized...
User Info.
I hate this review.

You may be telling the "truth", but guess what? It's extremely unprofessional. It's not really well written at all, and instead comes off as a rant, rather than a review. A sort of disgust with the scene is an issue for an article, don't take all that and pin it on one band.

I lost a lot of respect (not sure if I had all that much respect, as I can't remember any of your reviews that blew me away. This isn't an insult, I'm just pointing it out.) for you as both a writer, and just a fellow member of this website.

Please keep things professional in the future, and by all means, write out rants against the scene, but not in a review for an album. Your points are valid, and true, but you seem to pin everything negative about the "scene" on this band, when really, they're a product of their saturated enviroment.

With love (because I do like you, and don't want you taking this the wrong way.),

James.
07:49 PM on 10/22/07
lightcollapse
on the edge of summer
User Info.
i have no idea what this band sounds like after reading that, except apparently i'm not supposed to like them
07:50 PM on 10/22/07
lightcollapse
on the edge of summer
User Info.
well, except now i went on their myspace and it doesn't sound bad at all...after only hearing 1 song i'm going to say this does not deserve that much criticism.
08:41 PM on 10/22/07
sicko666
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Scott,

Firstly, I can't believe this website allows you to write for them. Personally, I have no opinion on this band but your grammar, syntax, and word choice are pathetic. Therefore, I tend to believe that not only you, but this website in general is pedantic and pedestrian. Example: "In Her Smile" is a whole other story and the epitome of a mopey fucking ballad that's must've been contrived to compromise any spirit musically for some kind of unseen lead lyricall.”

What the “fuck” does that mean?

I’m going to go listen to the album, come back and write a review and take your job.
08:48 PM on 10/22/07
sicko666
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Scott,

Firstly, I can't believe this website allows you to write for them. Personally, I have no opinion on this band but your grammar, syntax, and word choice are pathetic. Therefore, I tend to believe that not only you, but this website in general is pedantic and pedestrian. Example: "In Her Smile" is a whole other story and the epitome of a mopey fucking ballad that's must've been contrived to compromise any spirit musically for some kind of unseen lead lyricall.”

I’m going to go listen to the album, come back and write a review and take your job.
10:02 PM on 10/22/07
capnshindig
Guten Taaaag!
User Info.
Ouch.
It's not that bad.

Although, I do agree slighty...the NC pop scene as a whole seems to be kind of watered down and over-populated with genericness.
10:58 PM on 10/22/07
singyoutocoma
Find a thread to pull...
User Info.
If the band really has no originality or memorability and plays like they just tweaked copies of their scene influences, then they deserve a review like this. I neither agree nor disagree with the review, because I've never heard the CD, but if the review is true, then I don't find it to be overly harsh.

I do agree that some of the sentences were confusingly worded, but the idea came across well, in my opinion.
02:00 AM on 10/23/07
C480RG
Jason Erow
User Info.
I hate this review.

You may be telling the "truth", but guess what? It's extremely unprofessional. It's not really well written at all, and instead comes off as a rant, rather than a review. A sort of disgust with the scene is an issue for an article, don't take all that and pin it on one band.

I lost a lot of respect (not sure if I had all that much respect, as I can't remember any of your reviews that blew me away. This isn't an insult, I'm just pointing it out.) for you as both a writer, and just a fellow member of this website.

Please keep things professional in the future, and by all means, write out rants against the scene, but not in a review for an album. Your points are valid, and true, but you seem to pin everything negative about the "scene" on this band, when really, they're a product of their saturated enviroment.

With love (because I do like you, and don't want you taking this the wrong way.),

James.

03:40 AM on 10/23/07
Blague
I'm toilet trained.
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
You used your initial paragraph to....judge the quality of the packaging? I am a fan of thoughtful, quality packaging too, don't get me wrong, but I can't say I'm judging the entire product off of it.

Or maybe that's because I'm not to sure what "fashion-core text" is. An explanation of that would be great.

If the album is truely terrible, valid reasons would have helped to communicate that. I dunno, "fuck", "fucking", and "damn" don't speak much to me.

For anyone reading this and is unaquainted with the music, check out their purevolume and download the album for free. Judge for yourself please.

Please?
06:11 AM on 10/23/07
saysmydoctor
Resident New Yorker
User Info.
Scott,

Watch out Scott, what God giveth, this fucker will taketh away.
07:00 AM on 10/23/07
sicko666
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Scott,

You're not the only one who wishes you were older. Maybe then could you piece together an intellectual review? Please, never write another one of your "reviews" again, or an embargo of reviews on this site should be in order. But take solace in knowing that Lowe's Foods always needs a few pimply blemished bag boys.
Options
More From This Author

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests
RSS