Username
Password
Death News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Death
Inside AP.net

Beastie Boys Members Comment On Adam Yauch's Passing

Posted by: Thomas Nassiff (05/07/12)
Adam Horovits and Mike D. of the Beastie Boys have issued statements regarding the passing of their bandmate, Adam "MCA" Yauch. They are below.
Mike D.'s StatementI know, we should have tweeted and instagrammed every sad, happy and inspired thought, smile or tear by now. But honestly the last few days have just been a blur of deep emotions for our closest friend, band mate and really brother. I miss Adam so much. He really served as a great example for myself and so many of what determination, faith, focus, and humility coupled with a sense of humor can accomplish. The world is in need of many more like him. We love you Adam. BTW this photo sent to me by a friend, (thanks Saslow) is just one awesome example of how NYC is such a unique place that amidst itís huge size and frenetic pace it really opens up itís heart in so many ways and on on so many levels in times like these. And though it makes me cry sometimes, it has been really amazing and moving to see.

Adam Horovits' Statementas you can imagine, shit is just fk'd up right now. but i wanna say thank you to all our friends and family (which are kinda one in the same) for all the love and support.

iím glad to know that all the love that Yauch has put out into the world is coming right back at him.

thank you.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 50
09:15 AM on 05/07/12
Full Effect Ed
Nonstop Disco Powerpack
User Info.
09:16 AM on 05/07/12
StephenYoung
dumb
User Info.
Wow. It's really refreshing to see that even after 30+ years, these guys are still best friends. It seems like bands that old/big end up being really separate, and barely speak to each other. Stoked these guys were keeping it real till the last minute.

Also, I'm really pissed I never saw them live, but I don't know if I'd want them to tour anymore.
09:33 AM on 05/07/12
FUCKDIRTYWIPES
Kicking it middle school
User Info.
09:34 AM on 05/07/12
hisandherpes
User Info.
Adam's post seems pretty self centered. This isn't about him or his feelings. It should be about the loss of their friend and band mate.
09:34 AM on 05/07/12
Chris Collum
User Info.
Wow. It's really refreshing to see that even after 30+ years, these guys are still best friends. It seems like bands that old/big end up being really separate, and barely speak to each other. Stoked these guys were keeping it real till the last minute.

Also, I'm really pissed I never saw them live, but I don't know if I'd want them to tour anymore.
No way do they keep touring.
09:43 AM on 05/07/12
ZachMadeMeOdd
<("<) ^( " )^ (>")>
User Info.
Adam's post seems pretty self centered. This isn't about him or his feelings. It should be about the loss of their friend and band mate.
Are you serious? He wrote two sentences, ONE of which was a thank you for support and love because one of his close friends is dead. And he probably just doesn't feel the need to write an essay about the situation, which more than likely he hasn't fully taken in yet, to every stranger in the world. Get real with the stupid comments.
09:45 AM on 05/07/12
Formatfun
Format, The, Format, The
User Info.
I didn't find it self-centered.
09:52 AM on 05/07/12
SuNDaYSTaR
[Pull The Trigger]
User Info.
It's not.
09:53 AM on 05/07/12
tuneouttunein37
User Info.
what an asshole
09:53 AM on 05/07/12
Holly HoX!
User Info.

Are you kidding? Shut the fuck up. You are the biggest fucking troll on this site. Go back your old username so everyone knows to just ignore all the stupid shit you say.
10:04 AM on 05/07/12
runningohfive
I know...
User Info.
Reading their responses and seeing that picture seriously bummed me out
10:17 AM on 05/07/12
Dustin Harkins
Go support Kony 2012 some more
User Info.
That's like saying "Why is his mom telling us she's upset? It's not about her."
10:18 AM on 05/07/12
lp670sv
Go Sabres
User Info.
...........what
10:18 AM on 05/07/12
hisandherpes
User Info.
Are you kidding? Shut the fuck up. You are the biggest fucking troll on this site. Go back your old username so everyone knows to just ignore all the stupid shit you say.

You're one of the many people on this site I enjoy pissing off. You do nothing but wait for others to comment so then you can yell at them. You bring nothing to this site.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests