AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Streaming News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Matt Skiba & The Sekrets Album Stream

Posted by - 01:10 PM on 05/07/12
Stream Matt Skiba & The Sekrets' debut album, Babylon, here.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 22
01:20 PM on 05/07/12
hisandherpes
User Info.
I'll check this out when I get home. I've heard good things.
01:37 PM on 05/07/12
patentpending
http://www.mattskibafans.com/
User Info.
It's soooo good. I really wish I were seeing him live.
01:57 PM on 05/07/12
TAI182
User Info.
Great album!
02:01 PM on 05/07/12
emoboy333
User Info.
Great record. Really sound like AK3, a mix between Agony & Irony and Crimson, plus some Foo Fighters and Cure influences thrown in there.
02:10 PM on 05/07/12
Searos
Registered Member
User Info.
Great record. Really sound like AK3, a mix between Agony & Irony and Crimson, plus some Foo Fighters and Cure influences thrown in there.
That sounds amazing. I can't wait to listen to this. I will be listening to this tonight.
02:16 PM on 05/07/12
cmcginn
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Yeah, it sounds like Crimson mixed with Heavens, which is fine. He stole melodies from his own songs, as some of them sound really similar. "Falling Like Rain" vs. "Eating Me Alive" would be one example. "Olivia" sounds like something else I can't quite put my finger on. If you can get beyond that, then it is awesome. I guess he tends to do that a lot though.
02:29 PM on 05/07/12
darkjak22
Eternal Forward Momentum
User Info.
If you put your ring finger on 7th fret D string, and your middle finger on 6th fret G string, and strum, then you will have played half of Alkaline Trios catalog.
03:04 PM on 05/07/12
Searos
Registered Member
User Info.
Liking this a lot so far. Sounds like some of Matt's best work in a long time. "You" is my favorite.
03:38 PM on 05/07/12
s2h72
User Info.
great album but enough side projects i want new alkaline trio
04:19 PM on 05/07/12
thacousticcrush
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Not sure why Matt had to start a new project to make music that sounds exactly like Alkaline Trio, but it's good nonetheless.
04:26 PM on 05/07/12
heyzombiehitler
has feelings
User Info.
If you put your ring finger on 7th fret D string, and your middle finger on 6th fret G string, and strum, then you will have played half of Alkaline Trios catalog.

I'm a huge Alkaline Trio fangirl, but this made me laugh. Album is pretty good. All three trio side projects this past year have been great. Hope the greatness rubs off on the next trio album.
05:32 PM on 05/07/12
Searos
Registered Member
User Info.
I'm a huge Alkaline Trio fangirl, but this made me laugh. Album is pretty good. All three trio side projects this past year have been great. Hope the greatness rubs off on the next trio album.
I think I like this best of all the side projects but I agree. I think this album really could of fit in the Alkaline Trio discography but if they go in with this kind of energy and spirit I am sure the next Alkaline Trio album will be great. I actually greatly enjoyed This Addiction and have always wondered why Crimson was so hated. alkaline trio has changed a bit over the years but I find them to be a rather consistent band. Matt Skiba sure knows how to write and has a hell of a voice for this kind of music. Some people say it sounded better on his earlier records but I honestly think it is more defined now.
07:30 PM on 05/07/12
rr_thecrowing
twitter.com/kreeger
User Info.
What day does this album actually hit the streets? /lazyweb
08:10 PM on 05/07/12
Searos
Registered Member
User Info.
What day does this album actually hit the streets? /lazyweb
tomorrow

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE