Jamos4184
www.facebook.com/attalusmusic
User Info.
Really disappointed with this album. I recommend Trip Lee's "Good Life" instead
03:39 PM on 05/09/12
jaredrockstar
Jared Saia
User Info.
For a Hip Hop album to get above a 50% on Absolutepunk kind of says something. I personally love the album. I give it a solid 90%. I do think that Both Of Us will top Airplanes as well. Solid tune.
07:40 PM on 05/09/12
Joe DeAndrea
Radiosurgery
User Info.
I totally want to read Joe DeAndrea's thoughts on a rap album.
This is full-blown pop, hardly rap. It'd be like saying the last A Day to Remember is a hardcore album.
09:08 PM on 05/09/12
Sam DeBurns Red
User Info.
Really disappointed with this album. I recommend Trip Lee's "Good Life" instead
Don't really listen to too much rap/hip-hop, but I can back this guy.
10:06 PM on 05/09/12
jaredrockstar
Jared Saia
User Info.
no, it doesn't say anything because this is a bad album
I love vague rebuttals.
05:17 PM on 05/10/12
Jake Jenkins
dont talk to me
User Info.
this is such a bad album, holy fuck
10:42 AM on 05/12/12
get up kidd
I refuse to sink
User Info.
I agree with the review for the most part, although I actually really enjoy "Out of My Mind." Still believe that B.o.B can put out a fantastic album that really pushes the limits. His mixtapes are great and tracks like "The Kids," "Magic," "Bet I," "Fame," and, of course, "Airplanes" were great offerings.
Loved "The Kids"

I thought I was really gonna love that record, it fell short for me. But that track was by far my favorite.
12:23 PM on 05/12/12
tell that mick
@kissmeimlazy
User Info.
Loved "The Kids"

I thought I was really gonna love that record, it fell short for me. But that track was by far my favorite.
Agreed. I loved the songs I mentioned, but aside from those standout tracks, the rest of the album fell a bit short.
02:46 PM on 05/12/12
Numero10
No al calcio moderno
User Info.
For a Hip Hop album to get above a 50% on Absolutepunk kind of says something. I personally love the album. I give it a solid 90%. I do think that Both Of Us will top Airplanes as well. Solid tune.
MBDTF got 99%, Take Care got 80 or 85% and Camp got 90%. Just three examples of how wrong you are. And as has been pointed out, this shit sucks.
03:06 PM on 05/12/12
jaredrockstar
Jared Saia
User Info.
MBDTF got 99%, Take Care got 80 or 85% and Camp got 90%. Just three examples of how wrong you are. And as has been pointed out, this shit sucks.

Can't really count Gambino because, He's still very indie and Kanye has been notorious for pleasing the ears of a very versitle crowd. It was interesting to see that Take Care did as well as it did on here but, that record was the tits and 80% really isn't what he deserves.

The record doesn't suck. I think people misunderstand. Bob and exactly what his mission is with music. Yes, he's a rapper but his genre is very much pop. He's a musician and extremely big on collaboration. One thing that people don't realize is that no matter how much you hate some of his songs, he always has something in his arsenal that you're going to like. You can lie to me and say you hate everything by Bob but, go listen to his album in full, Start to finish...with an optomistic mind.
04:02 PM on 05/12/12
Numero10
No al calcio moderno
User Info.
Can't really count Gambino because, He's still very indie and Kanye has been notorious for pleasing the ears of a very versitle crowd. It was interesting to see that Take Care did as well as it did on here but, that record was the tits and 80% really isn't what he deserves.

The record doesn't suck. I think people misunderstand. Bob and exactly what his mission is with music. Yes, he's a rapper but his genre is very much pop. He's a musician and extremely big on collaboration. One thing that people don't realize is that no matter how much you hate some of his songs, he always has something in his arsenal that you're going to like. You can lie to me and say you hate everything by Bob but, go listen to his album in full, Start to finish...with an optomistic mind.
They still count because they're still rap albums, duh.

And ambition is all well and good, probably the most admirable thing about B.o.B., but when the music sucks, the music sucks. Admittedly, he has a song or two that I'll bop to, but he still hasn't made something I'd go out of my way to listen to because he's a cheese monster.
04:57 PM on 05/12/12
jaredrockstar
Jared Saia
User Info.
They still count because they're still rap albums, duh.

And ambition is all well and good, probably the most admirable thing about B.o.B., but when the music sucks, the music sucks. Admittedly, he has a song or two that I'll bop to, but he still hasn't made something I'd go out of my way to listen to because he's a cheese monster.

That's the beautiful thing about music, though. It's an opinion based business. And he's gained a very large vote.
05:46 PM on 05/12/12
steve187
nah
User Info.
remember when people on here thought B.o.B was "real rap" and one of the best conscious rappers out lololol. he's always kinda sucked
07:44 PM on 05/12/12
jaredrockstar
Jared Saia
User Info.
remember when people on here thought B.o.B was "real rap" and one of the best conscious rappers out lololol. he's always kinda sucked
Fame is the hipster's worst enemy.
01:09 PM on 05/13/12
mwheeler1987
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
B.o.B. is a case of strong mixtape rapper making poor albums...this and his debut just don't measure up to his mixtape stuff. Wiz Khalifa kind of did the same thing with his album vs. his mixtape material.
Sounds like Wale, great mixtapes not so great albums.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos