AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Sum41 News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

More All Killer No Filler Vinyl...And Happy Birthday!

Posted by - 12:29 PM on 05/08/12
In case you missed the first variants of Sum 41's All Killer No Filler, ShopRadioCast has your back. They'll be launching a preorder for their exclusive white variant (limited to 300) this afternoon at 6 p.m. EST. Also, today is the 11th birthday of this record.

Submitted by JennaJames and hisandherpes

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 28
12:32 PM on 05/08/12
rwn
Ginger for hire.
User Info.
11 Years!? now i feel old.
12:35 PM on 05/08/12
PetitnaindesĪles
Kaneki-kun, BON APPÉTIT
User Info.
still remember hearing In Too Deep all day on radio/tv (thanks "Malcolm in the Middle"), good times
12:40 PM on 05/08/12
JamesBond
User Info.
I don't know why people like punk on vinyl, it kinda defeats the purpose of the sound the vinyl creates. Reggae, ska, ethereal, bloc party, soft rock, those belong on vinyl, not "God I wish I could hate you for the rest of my!"

lol first punk to come to my head.
12:53 PM on 05/08/12
oneeightytwo
#TGG
User Info.
Iirc, this is a first variant. Just not the ones sold by Asbestos Records.
01:06 PM on 05/08/12
PirateSkater182
I want a new username.
User Info.
Iirc, this is a first variant. Just not the ones sold by Asbestos Records.
He means if you didn't get one of the copies yet, since SRC hasn't put up the preorder yet.

It's crazy to think I've had the same Sum 41 poster on my wall for almost 11 years. (Whenver I got it relatively later)

Edit: Got mine from SRC on white!
01:08 PM on 05/08/12
oneeightytwo
#TGG
User Info.
He means if you didn't get one of the copies yet, since SRC hasn't put up the preorder yet.

It's crazy to think I've had the same Sum 41 poster on my wall for almost 11 years. (Whenver I got it relatively later)
Yeah, fair enough.

I'm hoping that these will ship to the UK, most likely not though...
01:09 PM on 05/08/12
kidinthebushes
User Info.
I picked up the blue press from Asbestos.

Crazy to think Leaving Through the Window, Take This To Your Grave and All Killer all came out around the same time of year.
01:44 PM on 05/08/12
Trent Powers
User Info.
I don't know why people like punk on vinyl, it kinda defeats the purpose of the sound the vinyl creates. Reggae, ska, ethereal, bloc party, soft rock, those belong on vinyl, not "God I wish I could hate you for the rest of my!"

Check out a Black Flag vinyl before you knock "punk on vinyl"
01:55 PM on 05/08/12
popdisaster00
Two years is a long time to pretend
User Info.
I don't wanna waaassstee myyy tttimmmeee
02:03 PM on 05/08/12
EvilZeppelin
FUZZZZZZ
User Info.
11 Years!? now i feel old.

Seems just like other day I picked this up along with TOYPAJ.
02:09 PM on 05/08/12
Holly HoX!
User Info.

You realize the punk genre was the only one to NEVER stop producing the format right? Punk is a culture built on DIY 7" and limited releases and mail-order. Come on now.

Midtown is a good example however as I don't see the need for most pop punk on vinyl.

But most traditional punk is only released on vinyl even today.
03:55 PM on 05/08/12
WarEagle84
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Damn, this makes me feel soooo old. It reminds me that high school was exactly that long ago. :(

Also, I own 1 album on vinyl, (it came with a pre-order package so I had no choice but to recieve it) and I haven't even taken it out of the original package because I have no way to play it. lol

If its not digital or CD format, I don't care for it. Hell I rarely listen to CDs anymore, I buy them, rip them and use my iPhone or one of my iPods since everything I own has iPod connectivity/playback.
I dont get the recent "let's re-release everything on vinyl" craze. They are big/bulky/awkward and impractical for the most part.
OK, I'm done ranting/venting about this fad now.
04:34 PM on 05/08/12
flood
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Damn, this makes me feel soooo old. It reminds me that high school was exactly that long ago. :(

Also, I own 1 album on vinyl, (it came with a pre-order package so I had no choice but to recieve it) and I haven't even taken it out of the original package because I have no way to play it. lol

If its not digital or CD format, I don't care for it. Hell I rarely listen to CDs anymore, I buy them, rip them and use my iPhone or one of my iPods since everything I own has iPod connectivity/playback.
I dont get the recent "let's re-release everything on vinyl" craze. They are big/bulky/awkward and impractical for the most part.
OK, I'm done ranting/venting about this fad now.

Vinyl isn't a fad. Pokemon is a fad. neon colored clown vomit tshirts and way too much eyeliner is a fad. Vinyl is the longest running archival medium for music, and the most stable. CD's deteriorate after about 15 or so years, computer harddrives fail. I can still play my grandfathers 78's from the 30's just fine. mp3's are soulless, and disposable. There is beauty to the ritual of putting on a record, and flipping through the insert, or examining the nice big cover art while its playing. I can pretty much resell any record ive ever bought for what i paid for it... can't say that for cds, and cant get anything for mp3's.

-flood
asbestos records
04:39 PM on 05/08/12
WarEagle84
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Vinyl isn't a fad. Pokemon is a fad. neon colored clown vomit tshirts and way too much eyeliner is a fad. Vinyl is the longest running archival medium for music, and the most stable. CD's deteriorate after about 15 or so years, computer harddrives fail. I can still play my grandfathers 78's from the 30's just fine. mp3's are soulless, and disposable. There is beauty to the ritual of putting on a record, and flipping through the insert, or examining the nice big cover art while its playing. I can pretty much resell any record ive ever bought for what i paid for it... can't say that for cds, and cant get anything for mp3's.

-flood
asbestos records

While I see your views and thoughts on vinyl, it is a fad in the sense that everyone and their mother is re-releasing albums on vinyl these days. You didn't see that a few years ago, or for many years before that at the rate they have been lately. I understand theyve been making vinyls for a hell of a lot longer than CD and digital format, but vinyls have recently become "popular" again. It is a fad to re-release old albums on vinyl right now, whether you like it or not (which you don't because of your business, and I understand that), but it doesn't change the fact that it'll die down again after awhile.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos