Dan Mariska and the Choir Boys - 05.08.12
|The following is a mini interview of generic questions that we posed to all bands that wanted to answer:|
Dan Mariska and the Boys Choir
1. How did you get your band name?
We were driving to our first show and I asked everyone what we wanted to be called. Lee, our bass player, said the boys choir, and we all thought it was funny and I guess it stuck.
2. How did this band get started?
My previous band broke up, and I had nothing to do. I was introduced to Minneapolis producer Knol Tate, and we decided to make a record.
3. What bands are you influenced by?
Motion City Soundtrack, because they're awesome and from Minneapolis, Pedro the Lion, Death Cab, Pavement
4. If you could tour with any bands, past or present, who would they be and why?
Could we open for the beach boys please?
5. Best food to eat on tour?
Trail mix. It's healthy, cheap, and you can get it anywhere. Lots of protein.
6. Why should people listen to your band?
Because we're fun people.
7. If you could be any athlete, which athlete would you switch places with?
Michael Jordan probably.
8. If you won a Grammy, who would you thank?
My mom, Knol Tate, Tommy Rehbein.
9. If you could change something about the music industry, what would it be?
Nothing. I think the music industry is headed in a direction that opens up a lot of opportunities to smaller bands. It's so easy to make a record, put it on the internet and be able to go and play shows nowadays. It wasn't always that easy to get your music out there. I would make it so musicians got paid more though.
10. Memorable tour experience?
My old band went on tour with Dignan a couple summers ago. That was awesome. They're really a great band. Google them.
11. What does AP.net mean to you?
It's a great place for bands of any level to get exposure. Thank you.
12. What is your favorite song to play?
I have a huge book with all the beatles songs in it that I like to flip though.
13. What is your vacation spot of choice?
I like camping, canoeing, sitting on a beach, being outside.
14. What music reminds you of your childhood?
60's music, and Pavement.
15. If you could have any super power, what would it be? Why?
I would make it so my guitar shot lazers. That would be awesome. people better not say our band sucks any more.
16. Any pre-show superstitions or rituals?
We always do a "hands in the circle" cheer and pick a word to cheer about. you know, like spots teams and stuff.
17. What is something that most fans don't know about you?
18. What is your assessment of the current state of radio? Do you think it's a place where your band could flourish?
There are some awesome radio stations in the twin cities that are really supportive of local bands. Check out the current and radio k. You can stream both of them online. Both have been a big help to me locally.
19. What do you like to do in your spare time?
Sit on the beach, read books.
20. What kind of hidden talents do you have?
I can do over a hundred pogos in a row on a pogo stick.
No one has commented on this interview.You can be the first. |