Username
Password
Bamboozle News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Bamboozle
Inside AP.net

The Bamboozle's "The Break Contest" Announced

Posted by: Jason Tate (05/11/12)
The Bamboozle's annual "The Break Contest" championships were recently held at the legendary Stone Pony and This Good Robot emerged as the winner.
From the PRRepresenting Long Island, New York, This Good Robot won the coveted prize, a performance slot on the main stage on Saturday, as well as additional performances during the festival, and other prizes when The Bamboozle celebrates its 10th anniversary on May 18-19-20 in North Beach Asbury Park, New Jersey. Since 2005, The Break Contest has been produced by LincStar Records and has served as the official unsigned band competition of the festival. For the past several months, over 900 bands from the Tri-State area have been competing.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 35
11:19 AM on 05/11/12
Christian Wagner
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
ex-Patent Pending, correct?
11:24 AM on 05/11/12
theotheryabs
There's a Melody in Everything
User Info.
Correct
11:27 AM on 05/11/12
PerfectChaos337
User Info.
Band rules and deserves it. Backed hard.
11:29 AM on 05/11/12
MikeYabs
We are the only friends we have
User Info.
So pumped that they won. They really deserve it. If you're going to bamboozle and get a chance, catch one of their sets, since they are playing all 3 days.
11:30 AM on 05/11/12
TheRealJohnOC
@BehindtheCade Seen 701 bands live!
User Info.
I wonder if the Break contest is still fixed? A few years ago, a band (Band A) was competing at Mexicali at their Break Contest. They were beat by a band (Band B) who was previously eliminated at the Stone Pony date. Band B ended up winning the entire Break Contest that year. That's the only story I heard about the Break being fixed. I'm not sure if there's more but I'm sure the bands that entered The Break in the past knows more inside information.

Anyways this is not a dig at TGR. Mike is a great guy and deserve nothing but the best.
11:39 AM on 05/11/12
Alex DiVincenzo
www.alexislegend.com
User Info.
Yup! And former Unsigned Spotlight band

Couldn't have asked for a better band.
11:43 AM on 05/11/12
i like apples
Kyle Max
User Info.
I wonder if the Break contest is still fixed? A few years ago, a band (Band A) was competing at Mexicali at their Break Contest. They were beat by a band (Band B) who was previously eliminated at the Stone Pony date. Band B ended up winning the entire Break Contest that year. That's the only story I heard about the Break being fixed. I'm not sure if there's more but I'm sure the bands that entered The Break in the past knows more inside information.

Anyways this is not a dig at TGR. Mike is a great guy and deserve nothing but the best.
Oh totally fixed, at least in the beginning rounds.
11:45 AM on 05/11/12
FueledByFrodo
@alexmnorthrup/@inorganicrecs
User Info.
They were great when I saw them live, this is awesome.
11:52 AM on 05/11/12
TheRealJohnOC
User Info.
Oh totally fixed, at least in the beginning rounds.
Ok cool. Glad I'm not the only one who's heard something about this.
11:53 AM on 05/11/12
ConnorCorruptNJ
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I absolutely love this band. hungout with mike in the bathroom at starland before I knew who he was. haha, he's a really chill guy and This Good Robot is a whole different genre ten other bands. so good, bought their shit on iTunes. can't wait to see them again.
12:08 PM on 05/11/12
CoreyMadVillain
http://www.villainsltd.com
User Info.
They are gonna melt faces all 3 days!
12:13 PM on 05/11/12
kskillzz
User Info.
Band is very unique, best of luck to them at bamboozle. However when this band first started (right after Michael quit PP) they posted one demo on mysapce that I really like and since then they've taken it down and I cant find it anywhere. Very upsetting
12:32 PM on 05/11/12
esposimi
http://homestarrunner.com/sbemail45
User Info.

Just read this thread. It's definitely fixed. http://absolutepunk.net/showthread.php?t=2577962
12:35 PM on 05/11/12
TheRealJohnOC
User Info.
Thanks man. I heard about the ticket sales being a problem and this just confirmed it.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests