AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Doghouse Records News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Release Show on a Rocketship

Posted by - 02:36 PM on 05/11/12
Romance On a Rocketship recently announced a release show for the band's upcoming EP Creatures of the Night at the Randy Bacon Gallery in Springfield, Missouri on June 23rd. Tickets are available here.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 24
03:03 PM on 05/11/12
kidinthebushes
User Info.
This fuck is signed to Doghouse?
03:59 PM on 05/11/12
plns
Registered Member
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
This fuck is signed to Doghouse?
Basically this is what happened: After the success of NeverShoutNever, David Conway/Doghouse/The Working Group were trying to find any other artist that was similar to the gimmick of young scene kid writing electronic/acoustic pop music to sign. I know they also looked at Nickasaur.
04:55 PM on 05/11/12
kidinthebushes
User Info.
Basically this is what happened: After the success of NeverShoutNever, David Conway/Doghouse/The Working Group were trying to find any other artist that was similar to the gimmick of young scene kid writing electronic/acoustic pop music to sign. I know they also looked at Nickasaur.

Some of my friends on Facebook 'like' that Nickasaur guy. I just thought he was some skinny scene kid. I didn't know he did 'music' too.
05:14 PM on 05/11/12
fbrrocks
Registered Member
User Info.
l love roar and can't wait for the ep he is so nice when i saw/met him twice plus he fav my tweets to him and remembers me at shows lol so over all hes a very nice guy who make good much so go support him
05:19 PM on 05/11/12
StepsInADance
taeyeonlogic.tumblr.com
User Info.
That's unfortunate.
05:21 PM on 05/11/12
AprilFools
sometimes it HAS to be said.
User Info.
What happened before that was JR Rotem (Rihanna, Sean Kingston) signed ROAR to Beluga Heights, rerecorded a bunch of old songs, and released a couple lame videos to promote them. Rotem had no clue about how to record or promote that style of music. I guess ROAR got dropped from Beluga Heights or left by his own choice. Either way, Doghouse is a way better fit for him with bands like Mystery Skulls and Danger Radio as labelmates.
05:48 PM on 05/11/12
luqmanhakim
Registered Member
User Info.

Urgh, Nickasaur.
07:43 PM on 05/11/12
PermanentTourists
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
l love roar and can't wait for the ep he is so nice when i saw/met him twice plus he fav my tweets to him and remembers me at shows lol so over all hes a very nice guy who make good much so go support him
Figured you''d be a chick
08:08 PM on 05/11/12
plns
Registered Member
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
What happened before that was JR Rotem (Rihanna, Sean Kingston) signed ROAR to Beluga Heights, rerecorded a bunch of old songs, and released a couple lame videos to promote them. Rotem had no clue about how to record or promote that style of music. I guess ROAR got dropped from Beluga Heights or left by his own choice. Either way, Doghouse is a way better fit for him with bands like Mystery Skulls and Danger Radio as labelmates.
Wasn't aware about the Beluga Heights thing. I know Rotem/Beluga also had massive interest in The Maine before Fearless (By massive interest, I mean that they actually had a contract and literally had pens to the contracts before re-considering and signing to Fearless)
09:37 PM on 05/11/12
NorthstarPark
Jiggin'
User Info.
I thought guys with swoopy scene hair singing electronic songs aimed at the radio disney crowd died with Myspace. I guess not...
11:22 PM on 05/11/12
BloodsuckerPtII
MIZ...ZOU!
User Info.
Like the music or not, this guy has worked hard for what he has.
06:41 AM on 05/12/12
WeltallAY
Je suis l'Alpha et l'Oméga
User Info.
Is this the same guy who was in Agraceful? He was kind of a doofus in that too. I heard a ROAR song the other day at the gym and it was one of the fruitiest things Ive ever heard.
06:54 AM on 05/12/12
RabidNewz
User Info.
I'm not a fan of this guy's music now, but I knew this bro when he was in Here I Come Falling and Agraceful. He's a great dude. Deserves any success he gets.
09:07 AM on 05/12/12
kismet
Occasionally a fan girl
User Info.
Figured you''d be a chick

I thought the same thing.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles