AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

10:17 AM on 05/14/12 
User Info.
MaddieTampa
Tampa, FL
Female - 27 Years Old
My name is Madison. I'm transgender. I'm almost 25, and have been "out" for almost two years now. I live in Tampa, FL - and in my high school years, I saw Against Me! tons of times and was a huge fan. This news just hit me with such amazing force that I felt the need to share how I feel. Mad support to Laura Jane Grace.

I made a video about how I relate to her situation in life, which you can check out below.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IGVCA_WmJag
10:21 AM on 05/14/12 
User Info.
jrayrocks9191
Blah.
Male - 22 Years Old
Reserving first post if I decide to be an asshole at some point today.
10:30 AM on 05/14/12 
User Info.
popdisaster00
Two years is a long time to pretend
Twin Cities, MN
Male - 25 Years Old
Cheers to both of you.
11:09 AM on 05/14/12 
User Info.
justinwho
long live RepliesWithGifs
Columbia Falls, MT
Male - 25 Years Old
My name is Madison. I'm transgender. I'm almost 25, and have been "out" for almost two years now. I live in Tampa, FL - and in my high school years, I saw Against Me! tons of times and was a huge fan. This news just hit me with such amazing force that I felt the need to share how I feel. Mad support to Laura Jane Grace.

I made a video about how I relate to her situation in life, which you can check out below.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IGVCA_WmJag

about 5 minutes in to the video right now. nothing but respect and support for being so vocal about it and living life how YOU want to! thanks for sharing your story!
11:14 AM on 05/14/12 
User Info.
SomedayTheFire
when I die there'll be no trumpets
Dublin, Ireland
Male - 23 Years Old
that's good.
11:15 AM on 05/14/12 
User Info.
MaddieTampa
Tampa, FL
Female - 27 Years Old
about 5 minutes in to the video right now. nothing but respect and support for being so vocal about it and living life how YOU want to! thanks for sharing your story!

Thanks!!

Thank you, and OMG SUCH A CUTE PUP!!!
11:22 AM on 05/14/12 
User Info.
seymourbuttes
I'd do anything for a free t-shirt
Seattle
Male - 23 Years Old
Reserving first post if I decide to be an asshole at some point today.

God dammit you stole my prime 'being an asshole' post real estate.
11:54 AM on 05/14/12 
User Info.
jrayrocks9191
Blah.
Male - 22 Years Old
God dammit you stole my prime 'being an asshole' post real estate.

I'm willing to let it go if the price is right.
12:07 PM on 05/14/12 
User Info.
Siren
asdf
Chicago 'burbs
Male - 21 Years Old
Interesting.
12:09 PM on 05/14/12 
User Info.
po0ty
Boston
Male
I'm sorry but I've never understood this shit. "But, this is who I really am!!" Oh, really? You have a dick. You're not a woman.

Is this a modern phenomenon? If I had to make a quick thesis I would attribute it to the pervasive media and advertising in culture today. Shit fucks with your head.
12:24 PM on 05/14/12 
User Info.
ilikesound93
plastic fantastic lover
Female - 20 Years Old
^ Yeah, no. Shush now.
12:33 PM on 05/14/12 
User Info.
lp670sv
Go Sabres
Buffalo, NY
Male - 22 Years Old
I'm sorry but I've never understood this shit. "But, this is who I really am!!" Oh, really? You have a dick. You're not a woman.

Is this a modern phenomenon? If I had to make a quick thesis I would attribute it to the pervasive media and advertising in culture today. Shit fucks with your head.

Congratulations you get my "lolwut?' of the the day. It's not a new phenomenon. gender reassignment surgery is new, but the actual feeling like you are in the wrong body is not. There are several recorded cases in Ancient Greece, and many cases go unrecorded just like the misconception that Homosexuality is a new thing because they didn't keep written records of such things.
12:34 PM on 05/14/12 
User Info.
MaddieTampa
Tampa, FL
Female - 27 Years Old

It is not a modern phenomenon. Though I couldn't tell you all about the history of transgender people myself, I did do a quick google search and this was one of the first links to come up: http://www.transgenderzone.com/features/timeline.htm - I didn't go through and verify all of the information though, but it might be interesting to do at some point.

I would attribute the thought process of it being a modern phenomenon, though, to the amount of people who are coming out in this day and age - which I would attribute to the tolerance level of society being what it is today. Scanning through that history, there were certain times when people were being murdered for cross-dressing.

Honestly, I don't think that you have to understand it. I can understand how, as a cis-gender person, it would be hard to understand as it's something that you have never had to deal with. The only thing I can hope for is for people to just respect me for who I am, so that I can give the same respect back.
12:38 PM on 05/14/12 
User Info.
MaddieTampa
Tampa, FL
Female - 27 Years Old
Don't you find it weird that you still look 100% like a man?

You look like some scene kid I know.

I find it weird that you're mean on the internet. /sarcasm
12:44 PM on 05/14/12 
User Info.
abbysmith
Que será será
Boston, MA
Female - 19 Years Old

Wow no. Stop that. Hush.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version