i like apples
Kyle Max
User Info.
awesome review
05:59 AM on 05/18/12
thepianominstre
@joshuahedlund
User Info.
There aren't any lyrics on this one grabbing me the way various parts of the last three albums have, but I'm enjoying it overall and still getting to know it.

I had noticed the female vocals and completely forgotten that Hayley was guest singing... thanks for reminding me of that obvious bit of information!
09:13 AM on 05/18/12
mrhauskins
guitarofoccasion
User Info.
it still bums me out that they refuse to play anything off a---b life live. great review though!
Seriously!
03:31 PM on 05/18/12
IPixedYouu
Shake it off
User Info.
I really enjoy this album. Love it.
07:57 PM on 05/18/12
liveloud4life
User Info.
I don't think I would ever try to rank their catalog. Every album is too different to compare any of them. I feel like It's All Crazy is absolutely unbelievable and get's alot of undeserved criticism, but then I also can't really put it above either of the previous 2 even though I think it's just as good.
08:06 PM on 05/18/12
tylerschnizzle
Freelance Thinker
User Info.
As far as album cohesiveness, I don't think they can ever top Brother, Sister and Foxes. There is no question that this album is stronger than It's All Crazy! and their debut.

The reason I am continuing to appreciate this release so much is because none of the tracks seem forced. The album just feels comfortable for the band. They don't dip into the extremes of Crazy or their Debut. So I would say that it's a pretty dang good midpoint.
01:28 PM on 05/19/12
I am Mick
http://www.worncolors.bandcamp.c om
User Info.
Fox's Dream / Bears Vision are the only songs I'm still listening to.
05:14 PM on 05/19/12
Metal Now
Talking about the second and third
User Info.
This record is (of course) incredible. Just... Wow.
11:35 AM on 05/20/12
Travbag
User Info.
"ending the album at an exorbitant zenith."

Nice.
04:33 PM on 05/21/12
Moira Amiss
I have the Lefevre Fever. Catch it!
User Info.
I know it's been said a bunch before, but this is a fantastically written review. Listening to the album now in preparation for my own review of it, and honestly, I have never listened to a mewithYou record before. And boy oh boy, have I been missing out. Nearly half the year done and 2012 has already given us some pretty fantastic releases, all spaced out pretty nicely, too. Gives me enough time to obsess and spin discs more before I move onto something new.
08:48 PM on 05/24/12
thekazeblade
User Info.
I really, really enjoyed this album. Weiss' lyrics are just as good as always, and the instrumentation hits a good medium between Brother, Sister and It's All Crazy.... However, it's not what I would consider their "definitive" album, I'd put this right around the same area as Catch for Us the Foxes, I'd say Brother, Sister is still their pinnacle, as I don't see myself coming back to this one as much as the former.

HOWEVER: "Fox's Dream of the Log Plume" is one of the strongest tracks of their career. I absolutely adore this song, I can't get enough of it!
11:06 PM on 08/12/12
falconate
Open your closed mind.
User Info.
Wow, I know this is kinda old, but I can't believe no one has mentioned Bear's Vision of St. Agnes yet. My favorite track on the album and possibly my favorite song of 2012. And this album is an AOTY contender for sure.
12:25 PM on 01/19/14
Vance Mook
Fastest Kid in School
User Info.
Ooof, do not understand all of the criticism of [A-->B] Life.
05:35 PM on 01/19/14
IceAge/HeatWave
Jesus rides beside me
User Info.
Nearly two years later, still spin this album regularly. This and BS are both my favorite, in two separate ways I can't explain.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos