Username
Password
AP.net Related News - Page 2
Displaying posts 15 - 30 of 218.
02:42 PM on 05/17/12
blimpcityhero11
Registered Fraud
User Info.
Also, Relient K - Forget and Not Slow Down. I thought it'd be more of the same fun RK, but it was a much more personal and straight up great album than I ever expected it to be.
Good call.. While I did enjoy Five Score, I thought it was pretty thematically weak. Forget and Not Slow Down fully restored my faith in this band though.

Kanye West - My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy
I remember setting the bar low after all the controversy and stylistic change on 808s & Heartbreak. However, he blew me away, and it's undoubtedly my favorite album.

Taking Back Sunday - Where You Want To Be
I think we were all blown away by TAYF. I didn't think they'd be able to craft a follow-up that could be nearly as good, but they proved me wrong. I remember I was sold on this album one listen through and it didn't leave my album rotation for months.
RyanFTW
ATTACK POP PUNK
User Info.
Blink 182 - Self Titled
irthesteve
All that wander are not lost
User Info.
Some Nights for sure, and Dog Problems in that case
conschweis
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
The Strokes- Room on Fire
After releasing "Is This It?" all eyes were on the strokes and they really put out a record that some argue is even better than their debut.

The Wonder Years- Suburbia
I actually enjoy this record more than the Upsides. Shows progress while still keeping their style. I don't get the whole "Deja Entendu" similarities that people suggest because I think that Brand New put out a record that literally nobody expected.

Red Hot Chili Peppers - Californication
After recruiting John Frusciante back, this was a album that really launched them to worldwide superstardum after the horrible "One Hot Minute"

Drake- Take Care (I know I'm going to take heat for this one)
His debut album was huge and to come back with another great album. Drake isn't for everyone but for the ones who love him. This was amazing.
Tim McCall
TBD
User Info.
I agree with most of your list, but I would throw The Format - Dog Problems on there instead of Thrice. Maybe Coheed's second album too or Owen - At Home With. Wow, my tastes have changed a lot over the years.
02:44 PM on 05/17/12
irthesteve
All that wander are not lost
User Info.
Relient K - mmhmm
Kanye West - MBDTF
Sufjan Stevens - Age of Adz
02:45 PM on 05/17/12
georgedcc
User Info.
Bjork - Biophillia

Her previous album, Volta is unquestionably her worst album, so I was a little nervous for this album. The fact that she'd had to learn a completely different technique of singing and the fact that it was going to be released as a series of apps worried me. Turns out it was brilliant, probably my favourite album that was released in 2011. It isn't quite as good as her 'classic' stuff, but not much is.

Bruce Springsteen - Wrecking Ball

Similar story to Bjork. Working On A Dream was pretty poor for Bruce's standards, so I was concerned about Wrecking Ball. It's probably the best thing he's released in 20+ years. Fantastic album and fantastic return to form.

First two that I thought of.
02:45 PM on 05/17/12
t00latef0rr0ses
Purple Monkey Dishwasher
User Info.
As Cities Burn - Come Now Sleep. Wasnt sure how it was going to sound with removing the hardcore aspects from the band, but it is an amazing album.

Good Old War - Only Way to Be Alone. Love me some Days Away and wasnt sure what to expect from any new projects they started. One of my favorite bands now.

Edit: Add on Bring Me The Horizon - There is a Hell.... Hated their first release, but they definitely progressed a lot with this album.
02:46 PM on 05/17/12
anamericangod
User Info.
Thursday - War All The Time
02:47 PM on 05/17/12
Mario57
We can gallop upon the sea...
User Info.
hmmmm first answers that come to mind :

Thursday - No Devoluçion
i didn't know what to expect because Common Existence was all over the place... but it just blew me away
And So I Watch You From Afar - Gangs
As Tall As Lions - You Can't Take It With You
Alice In Chains - Black Gives Way To Blue
Glassjaw - Coloring Book
Underoath - O Disambiguation
02:47 PM on 05/17/12
Voiles
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
The Graduate - Only Every Time
Circa Survive - Blue Sky Noise
Bayside - Killing Time
Thursday - No Devolución
The Dangerous Summer - War Paint
02:49 PM on 05/17/12
Rodeo
User Info.
02:50 PM on 05/17/12
Float Upstream
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
The Cab's "Symphony Soldier"
02:51 PM on 05/17/12
Holly HoX!
User Info.
Sufjan Stevens - Age of Adz
Arcade Fire - both NB and TS
Fleet Foxes - HB
The Shins - PoM
Broken Social Scene -FRR
The Antlers - Burst Apart
02:51 PM on 05/17/12
CemO
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Blink-182- "Neighborhoods"

Say what you want, but this album is better than a lot of fans give it credit for.

Yes. This. 100%. Blew me away, wasn't expecting such an awesome album after hearing Up All Night but it turned out to be the album that reaffirmed blink as my favourite band. Love it.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests