AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Comments: Page 2
Displaying posts 15 - 30 of 47
07:19 AM on 05/18/12
xtbs7645x
User Info.
I feel like these scene bands insist on doing these member changes and drama announcements just to stay relevant and get noticed.
The main reason these bands are constantly having drama is because they dont appreciate it. These guys posted a few demos and got signed without even trying. Bands that have actually earned their success, give a shit and dont treat it like a joke.
07:29 AM on 05/18/12
underthetalking
La Marea Roja
User Info.
Who?
07:37 AM on 05/18/12
Alex DiVincenzo
www.alexislegend.com
User Info.
The main reason these bands are constantly having drama is because they dont appreciate it. These guys posted a few demos and got signed without even trying. Bands that have actually earned their success, give a shit and dont treat it like a joke.
Sounds about right. They think it will be just as easy to find success a second time, and it usually isn't - so they fall back on the sure thing.

Not this band, necessarily, but in general.
07:47 AM on 05/18/12
iseejosh
Registered Member
User Info.
was this band ever really remotely successful, they had one album and a couple supporting tours. which didnt really get them press. but then member changes, being dropped from RISE and drama kept them relevant. im glad they got dropped. bands like this and the air i breathe or whatever dont deserve to have a good label backing them bc they just dont give a shit, quit/replace members like its nobodys business and take the fans these bands actually do have for granted.
07:51 AM on 05/18/12
Davey_Owens
User Info.
I did not realize they were signed before even playing a show.
07:55 AM on 05/18/12
theHECKLER
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Now that's an outrageous story, bro
08:40 AM on 05/18/12
Opsonyn
User Info.
Can't wait until these shitty, talentless synth-core bands stop getting attention. I can open-chug in a drop-tuning over house synths, too! It's a passing fad and it detracts from actual musicians with skill and songwriting ability.
09:15 AM on 05/18/12
runningohfive
I know...
User Info.
I think the real issue here is the fact that thousands of bands bust ass year after year without getting a record deal or it taking years of work but yet some shitty generic band can not even Play a show and floats demos and have label interest lee alone a deal from a powerful record label? No wonder his industry is fucked

It's what the high school kicks listen to these days. I remember when I was in high school people wore Fall Out Boy and My Chemical Romance t-shirts (bands that I really like). Now I see high school kids coming into the restaurant I work in wearing Attack Attack! and A Day to Remember merch.

I really liked Cheap Girls and Sharks new record so I can't go against Rise for that.

EDIT: I forgot I liked Daytrader's album as well.....I understand how you feel by the way.
09:16 AM on 05/18/12
Jason949
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Shit story about a shit band that no one gives a shit about.
09:20 AM on 05/18/12
agl
User Info.
I always love DeGrazia's projects, so I'm glad he's back. I'm just curious about the line-up, as i remember most of the issues were with the drummer, who declared the band dead when Doriano left for WIM. I wonder if he's still in the band.
09:35 AM on 05/18/12
blessthefall89
Spirit Filled & Kingdom Minded
User Info.
I don't get why this band has thousands more likes on Facebook than Tigers Jaw.
this.

and sceenie teeny boppers don't know any better.
09:52 AM on 05/18/12
flo teezy
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
go tom!
10:14 AM on 05/18/12
ThereWeWere
User Info.
Seriously though dude. Rise has been certainly signing a lot of really great bands lately but I mean really, how the heck do Rise, as a fairly large label, sign a band that has never played a show and just has a couple demos...common Rise.

Its not uncommon. Woe Is Me did the same thing. Posted three demos and got signed to Rise. Of Mice and Men released 1 demo and got signed. Both didn't play any shows
10:14 AM on 05/18/12
ThereWeWere
User Info.
I always love DeGrazia's projects, so I'm glad he's back. I'm just curious about the line-up, as i remember most of the issues were with the drummer, who declared the band dead when Doriano left for WIM. I wonder if he's still in the band.

Pretty sure the drummer is gone. He caused all the problems according to some things I've heard
10:19 AM on 05/18/12
Coverbydesign
User Info.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums