Username
Password
Fall Out Boy News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Fall Out Boy
Inside AP.net

Patrick Stump Update

Posted by: Joe DeAndrea (05/20/12)
Patrick Stump has written an update on his website.
From the BlogSo. The last time I blogged I apparently accidentally quit music. I can only imagine I must be poor at expressing myself considering how easily people misunderstood me. Somewhere around the time my mom called me to check if I were okay I figured I was in way over my head/totally sucked at venting. This time Iíll try to be brief and see how that works:

1) I wonít ever quit music, I just may not release some of my own for a little bit.

2) Sometimes Iím just taken aback at how cruel people can be because deep down Iím just some naive/affable suburban middle American wuss.

3) Iím very grateful to all the people who support(ed) Folie A Deux and Soul Punk.

4) I felt I owed it to those people to let them know I wouldnít be able to tour as much as I (and hopefully they) had wanted.

5) I guess I got carried away with the sarcasm and hyperbole in trying to say that.

Iím not depressed. Iím super embarrassed/humbled by all the compliments/heartfelt support Iíve gotten in response to my blog. No worries: Things are rad by me. Iím still writing and working with other musicians. Really focusing on being more of a co-writer than a producer. The best stuff is when I feel like Iíve sort of tricked the other writer into writing a really good song on their own. Itís really rewarding to watch somebody inspire themselves.

Iím kind of amassing non-musical hobbies for the first time in my life: Collecting Silver Age X-men, learning how to taste whisk(e)y like some sophisticate (started with mostly Irish but learning a lot about Scotch, some good Japanese ones, and a bit of BourbonÖBTW drink responsibly or something), and taking acting classes (note that the latter is in the hobby category of my lifeÖI donít expect much more from it than to have some fun and holy smokes I am).

-p.stump

P.S. Dear Cracked.com: Sorry I threw you under the busÖI meant Iím cool with being teased by people who elevate it to an art formÖwas far more honored than offended.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 68.
12:24 AM on 05/20/12
djsclaus
www.brandonmarshall.net
User Info.
Just as long as he's doing whatever makes him happy, that's cool with me. It was awesome seeing in that House episode a few weeks back. If he's looking to get into acting, that's pretty cool.

And for the record, I was a big fan of Folie A Deux.
12:25 AM on 05/20/12
Trent Powers
User Info.
Scotch scotch scotch I love scotch
12:26 AM on 05/20/12
Jenajena
Jena ≈ Gina.
User Info.
I'm excited for anything he does. Good for him.
12:39 AM on 05/20/12
Ashur
Shitty musician.
User Info.
What a good guy. As long as he's enjoying himself and happy, I'm happy. Though whatever music (or anything really) comes from him, I will be more than happy to accept.
12:41 AM on 05/20/12
i like apples
Kyle Max
User Info.
Folie A Deux was FOB's best album in my opinion. Hope I'm not the only one. Only criticism is that that album really needed to end with What A Catch.
12:47 AM on 05/20/12
nickthehick2
King of France
User Info.
Folie à Deux is probably one of my favorite albums of all time. For the longest time I would say "only Take This to Your Grave is good!" but after listening to the rest I was blown away. It's a shame I didn't give them a chance when they were together, and hopefully I'll be able to see Fall Out Boy live one day.
12:56 AM on 05/20/12
SilenceBrokenTT
Here I am alive...
User Info.
I still love you Patrick... and I'll admit, I hated FoD when it came out but over the past 9 months it's grown immensely on me, I love it. Also, still grateful for you taking the time to talk to me and my wife after the Scottsdale show late last year for a couple minutes. Never forget that...
01:06 AM on 05/20/12
jwicklun
Never forget.
User Info.
Glad he's cool.
01:08 AM on 05/20/12
MTGenocyde
User Info.
Scotch scotch scotch I love scotch
exactly what i was thinking when i read scotch ha
01:17 AM on 05/20/12
carcrashofahart
climb is all we know
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
when he stated he wanted to get an education, i thought he meant something other than fucking acting! guh!
01:20 AM on 05/20/12
djsclaus
www.brandonmarshall.net
User Info.
I still love you Pete... and I'll admit, I hated FoD when it came out but over the past 9 months it's grown immensely on me, I love it. Also, still grateful for you taking the time to talk to me and my wife after the Scottsdale show late last year for a couple minutes. Never forget that...
Pete?
01:32 AM on 05/20/12
MJB12
User Info.
I love Folie a Deux.
01:47 AM on 05/20/12
randys950
@randys950
User Info.
i wasn't a fan of FoD(seemed very far from fall out boy to me) but i never said it sucked or ripped Patrick on it. it just wasn't my cup of tea

btw: this city isn't a very bad song at all
01:49 AM on 05/20/12
SilenceBrokenTT
Here I am alive...
User Info.
I've been drinking... meant patrick. lulz
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates