AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

The Wonder Years News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

The Wonder Years and The Story So Far Acoustic Set Streams

Posted by - 10:30 AM on 05/22/12
The Wonder Years and The Story So Far both played acoustic sets after Bamboozle on Friday on the Asbury Park boardwalk. It was cold outside. Stream both sets in the replies.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 17
10:31 AM on 05/22/12
Thomas Nassiff
resuscitation of the year
User Info.
TWY Acoustic

TSSF acoustic

10:43 AM on 05/22/12
btown4life
User Info.
Lots of respect for these dudes for doing this. It was indeed cold outside.
10:47 AM on 05/22/12
robat19
User Info.
I wish the guy by the camera wasn't singing so loud.
10:51 AM on 05/22/12
Maiaophilia
my heart beats pacific -
User Info.
Does anyone know exactly what happened at the Stone Pony?

and yeah, I respect these guys so much for sticking around and doing this for the fans, It really meant a lot to me, especially when TWY played All My Friends Are In Bar Bands.
10:52 AM on 05/22/12
Maiaophilia
my heart beats pacific -
User Info.

I have two Higher Resolution videos I took-- I'll upload them on youtube as soon as I get home from work.
10:58 AM on 05/22/12
SalKelsoWoah
imnotsalanymore
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I have two Higher Resolution videos I took-- I'll upload them on youtube as soon as I get home from work.

Could you post the links? It'd be greatly appreciated!
11:20 AM on 05/22/12
btown4life
User Info.
Does anyone know exactly what happened at the Stone Pony?

and yeah, I respect these guys so much for sticking around and doing this for the fans, It really meant a lot to me, especially when TWY played All My Friends Are In Bar Bands.
I'm guessing it was a logistical thing. There was a different show happening inside the Pony, and normally the outside is open during shows for the smoking area and separate bar. This was originally supposed to be a beach bonfire, but that was changed at least a month ago.

We left TWY's set and walked right over to the Pony. There was no stage set up, no amps or speakers or anything. We asked one of the security guards where they'd be playing, and he said they were still trying to figure it out. We then heard some lady in charge say to another worker "Start telling people it's cancelled. Tell them there's an issue. Tell them one of the band members is sick."

Something seemed weird about that, but then they started kicking people out. It seemed odd that one band member was allegedly sick so both bands cancelled. We waited outside for a few mintues, and then everyone went up to the boardwalk. Eventually TWY arrived with their guitars and both bands played.

EDIT: Forgot to say that Saturday's BBQ show with MCS and someone else was also cancelled. We found that out while in line for Brand New. The outdoor area was definitely used as a smoking area for BN's show.
11:30 AM on 05/22/12
t3hmilkman923
Subliminal mind fuck, America
User Info.
didnt stay for this but theyre set and playing washington square park during fireworks was AMAZING
11:30 AM on 05/22/12
Maiaophilia
my heart beats pacific -
User Info.
I'm guessing it was a logistical thing. There was a different show happening inside the Pony, and normally the outside is open during shows for the smoking area and separate bar. This was originally supposed to be a beach bonfire, but that was changed at least a month ago.

We left TWY's set and walked right over to the Pony. There was no stage set up, no amps or speakers or anything. We asked one of the security guards where they'd be playing, and he said they were still trying to figure it out. We then heard some lady in charge say to another worker "Start telling people it's cancelled. Tell them there's an issue. Tell them one of the band members is sick."

Something seemed weird about that, but then they started kicking people out. It seemed odd that one band member was allegedly sick so both bands cancelled. We waited outside for a few mintues, and then everyone went up to the boardwalk. Eventually TWY arrived with their guitars and both bands played.

EDIT: Forgot to say that Saturday's BBQ show with MCS and someone else was also cancelled. We found that out while in line for Brand New. The outdoor area was definitely used as a smoking area for BN's show.

Yeah, I made it into their backlot and sat there, There was no stage, no amps, nothing. Just tabels and overpriced hot dogs/burgers. They kept telling everyone that the guys were sick or some bullshit to get kids out, and then luckily I checked Twitter and TWY were tweeting about some bullshit and everyone was on the boardwalk. However no reason why the Stone Pony botched the BBQ has been announced.

The after parties were a disaster. All of them except the convention hall ones either got cancelled or ended up being free (apparently BN ended up being Free with a 3 Day Wristband).
11:32 AM on 05/22/12
codeseven
fucked tortured and discarded
User Info.
Seriously. Why are you going to record a band, and then be singing directly into your camera's microphone? I thought it was funny though when he messed up a couple lyrics.

And yeah some better videos of TWY set would be great.
11:43 AM on 05/22/12
Oskarr
I've Got Time To Kill
User Info.
I'm glad that the dude in the background during the wonder years is at least on point.
12:34 PM on 05/22/12
johnnyferris
Inside of your heart always
User Info.
Awesome that they placed Placeholder.
01:18 PM on 05/22/12
Rysker6
I am not Tom Delonge
User Info.
Boner
01:45 PM on 05/22/12
nsgob22