AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Warped Tour News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Interview with Kevin Lyman

Posted by - 02:06 PM on 05/23/12
Check out a new interview with Kevin Lyman as he discusses this year's Warped Tour, here.
From the InterviewThatís weird. That one kid that yells at me online that I donít know what the fuck Iím doing, but you know what? Thatís ok. Maybe the tourís not for you anymore. The tour is not for everyone. Warped Tour is not for everyone. I believe that 10% of every scene is way too hardcore to be at Warped Tour. But 90% of the people out there are just music fans and want to have a good time. Maybe they will come to learn something. Maybe they will meet the people at To Keep A Breast or To Write Love On Her Arms or Invisible Children. Theyíre going to get involved in another way, you know?

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 31
02:24 PM on 05/23/12
randys950
@randys950
User Info.
I'm kind of scared about the two main stages. I know the main stage bands don't play at the same time, but they are so far apart
02:50 PM on 05/23/12
saofan_315
So assuming that this weekend...
User Info.
It depends on the venue for Warped. I've been to Warped Tours where the main stages have been on opposite ends of the venue, where as others have had the main stages right next to one another. I'm very much a fan of the two main stage set up. More than that, I'm just really excited for this year.
02:53 PM on 05/23/12
Punkdc
Some guy who enjoys stuff
User Info.
I respect this guy so much. For something to be this successful year after year it's amazing the time he puts into this. This will be my first year back after a 3 year break and couldn't be more excited.
02:55 PM on 05/23/12
UnderMyDreams
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I'm kind of scared about the two main stages. I know the main stage bands don't play at the same time, but they are so far apart

Well there haven't been 2 main stages in a few years...

And I'm pretty sure the main stages will be the only alternating ones, more than likely in the pavilion.

Either way, theyll be alternating and not far apart.
02:58 PM on 05/23/12
Coughlin's Law
AnythingElseIsAlwaysSomet hingBetter
User Info.
My first Warped Tour since joining the 30+ demographic. I'm a little nervous...

03:13 PM on 05/23/12
TelleTWA
The Word Alive
User Info.
Love and respect Kevin for all he's done for our band as well as countless others.
03:20 PM on 05/23/12
irthesteve
All that wander are not lost
User Info.
Well said
03:35 PM on 05/23/12
kidinthebushes
User Info.

How do you know? Are you talking distance apart from each other?
03:43 PM on 05/23/12
StephenYoung
dumb
User Info.
I'm really surprised that MGK isn't getting bumped to mainstage. Will absolutely blow up by the time summer is over.
03:53 PM on 05/23/12
tyler2tall147
Awesome
User Info.
I'm really surprised that MGK isn't getting bumped to mainstage. Will absolutely blow up by the time summer is over.
I think almost all mainstage bands or band members have at least played one year.
04:14 PM on 05/23/12
CarouselBoy
Not everything, not yet
User Info.
I didn't realize Kevin came out on the tour. Anyway super glad they're going back to two stages
04:17 PM on 05/23/12
randys950
@randys950
User Info.
How do you know? Are you talking distance apart from each other?
I went to warped in years 2004 through like 2008 when they had 2 stages and in Stl they were on opposite sides of the venue. when one main stage got finished playing the other stage band started 5 minutes later. so much people traffic to fight through
04:26 PM on 05/23/12
Handraa
.-.-.-.-.
User Info.
Although I can't stand some of the choices for this years lineup, I have to agree with his view on it.
04:33 PM on 05/23/12
Captain Blood
kicking names, taking ass
User Info.
once you play the main stage, you (senses fail & every time i die) should never have to downgrade for some noob ass bands (bc, fir, botdf, slm)

kinda curious how warped is gonna work out at at&t park in sf, theres not even a parking lot. should just move it to the piers

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos