Username
Password
Motion City Soundtrack News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Motion City Soundtrack
Inside AP.net

Motion City Soundtrack Guitarist Comments On Album Leak

Posted by: Thomas Nassiff (05/23/12)
Motion City Soundtrack guitarist Josh Cain commented in one of our news threads earlier today about his band's new album, Go, leaking unfortunately early after the record was accidentally made available for public streaming on SoundCloud. You can read the statement below - we personally think the album is a real fun listen, so we suggest preordering the record.
From Josh CainSo "Go" leaked. I am not sure if this is bad or good thing. I really feel that the right thing to do is to wait till its released and enjoy the record the way we had planned for you. We worked really hard on this and are very proud of it.

we hope you like it and help us continue to make music by supporting us by buying our music.

Joshua Cain(mcs)

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 101
06:04 PM on 05/23/12
fakeyellowlight
User Info.
Any chance they'd push up the release date? I know other bands have done this...
06:06 PM on 05/23/12
Holly HoX!
User Info.
damn, really sucks that it leaked. shit happens nowadays. good dudes as always.

love from lyndale <3
06:10 PM on 05/23/12
ghelms88
Back by Popular Demand
User Info.
Downloaded it to check it out, already preordered it on vinyl a few weeks ago. Don't regret my decision at all.
06:12 PM on 05/23/12
anamericangod
User Info.
At least it was only a couple weeks ahead of the release date. Much worse has happened. Re: Say Anything
06:12 PM on 05/23/12
_veges_
User Info.
It is tempting to download it before committing to a vinyl copy
06:21 PM on 05/23/12
bringthenoise
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
this happened to them with Commit This To Memory also, i think. that leaked like 6 months early or something to that effect. the bright side is that there isn't that long of a wait until the release this time around.
06:23 PM on 05/23/12
Kill_the_radio
Don't wait too long to come home
User Info.
yeah, I'll wait until I get my preorder. Don't want to ruin the experience by listening to a crappy 128 Kbps...
06:23 PM on 05/23/12
Kuri44
Bank
User Info.
I'm digging it. It's definitely a grower, but it's very enjoyable on first listen. To me, it sounds like a mixture of IATM and EIIKM, which is pretty dope. Like it's got the vibe/feel of IATM, but the sound of EIIKM. Also, i wasn't too sold on True Romance, but it sounds a lot better with the flow of the album. Can't wait to pick up a copy!
06:40 PM on 05/23/12
ACA
Next Show: Braid/GreatBigPileLeaves
User Info.
Early this morning, the leak was pretty difficult to find. A few people had stumbled upon it; even fewer ripped it. A few of the rippers weren't even going to share it.

MCS couldn't keep their mouths shut about it, and then it spiraled out of control. Now a simple Google search will give you the record.

They share some of the blame.
06:46 PM on 05/23/12
ishotthepilot
black&blue or gold?
User Info.
Early this morning, the leak was pretty difficult to find. A few people had stumbled upon it; even fewer ripped it. A few of the rippers weren't even going to share it.

MCS couldn't keep their mouths shut about it, and then it spiraled out of control. Now a simple Google search will give you the record.

seriously.. I didn't even know about it until this post. love you MCS but bad form. keep it on the down low!
06:59 PM on 05/23/12
bradsonemanband
Change To Fire/Cootie Catcher
User Info.

the problem is not how many people got to listen to it. the problem is that it leaked. which is the fault of Epitaph Records, and them alone. Motion City Soundtrack is only at fault for it coming people's attention faster, but bottom line, if it was out there to begin with, it would have been spoken of or found by someone else, and then snowballed just the same. the album leaked, and that sucks for them, but don't blame the band.
07:00 PM on 05/23/12
tyler2tall147
Awesome
User Info.
I love motion city, preordered the vinyl right away. But I didn't know about the leak until they mentioned it on facebook this morning... Was kind of hoping they would pull a Man Overboard and email all the preorders a link to download a high quality version.

And in all honesty, the album is only a few weeks away, so it was destined to leak soon anyways. Probably would have popped up late next week somewhere. Could have been much worse, like the Say Anything situation. They recorded this album over a year ago, and in that sense, its awesome for them it leaked 3 weeks early instead of leaking a year ago.
07:05 PM on 05/23/12
jimjam32
www.myspace.com/withhonorsmusic
User Info.
on first-listen this has captured me faster than any other MCS cd i've heard. justin's vocals are so great. the music has (hate the term, and how people get butt-hurt over it, but can't think of a better word) matured so much.
07:06 PM on 05/23/12
Kdenisarealboy
As Much of The Sky As Possible
User Info.
Wow, this is really fucking good, like classic good.

Definitely picking this up when I see it in stores. (Too expensive to get it shipped)
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums