|Hint: Have a band you'd like to see interviewed? Tell us.|
For the Life of Me - 05.23.12
|The following is a mini interview of generic questions that we posed to all bands that wanted to answer:|
For The Life Of Me
1. How did you get your band name?
After a year of brainstorming one of us said "I can't think of a good band name for the life of me." Yes, very stupid.
2. How did this band get started?
Four regular dudes that had played in multiple bands from the same high school. Call it a high school super group.
3. What bands are you influenced by?
Austin: Whoever I'm listening to at the time. Major influences would be Sigur Ros, The Appleseed Cast, Thursday, Bright Eyes.
Jeff: Brand New, Park, Thursday, As Cities Burn, Oceana
4. If you could tour with any bands, past or present, who would they be and why?
Austin: Along the lines of similar music I would say Thursday, Brand New, As Cities Burn
Jeff: Yeah, all those same bands, and marilyn manson
5. Best food to eat on tour?
Austin: Free food. Or the cheapest possible. The value menu at Taco Bell is perfect.
Jeff: Gas station hot dogs, or food from your mom's fridge.
6. Why should people listen to your band?
Austin: Because we're not on Fueled by Ramen records.
Jeff: Because there are not many bands making real music these days.
7. If you could be any athlete, which athlete would you switch places with?
Austin: Michael Jordan, just so I could have played basketball with the Looney Toons.
Jeff: Tiger Woods
8. If you won a Grammy, who would you thank?
Austin: All the fans for supporting us enough to make us relevant in the Grammy world. Oh, and Andre 3000.
Jeff: Johnny Walker and his blue label.
9. If you could change something about the music industry, what would it be?
That all music labels and corporations put forth the effort that only a few labels do now, and actually seek out talent, instead of a "who you know" type of thing. Bands that have instant friends on myspace/facebook or instant plays on youtube are fads. They will die out just as fast and the labels won't make the money they thought they would in the first place.
10. Memorable tour experience?
Austin: Unknowingly parking on an ant hill overnight and waking up all sweaty and covered in ants for the next week.
Jeff: When we went on tour.
11. What does AP.net mean to you?
Originally, a mega blink-182 fansite, now a great site for up-to-date news regarding my favorite bands, and for smaller band promotion...like this interview!
12. What is your favorite song to play?
Austin: "TV In My Head, Part 2" - it rocks pretty hard and I also get to play some pretty guitar picking stuff.
Jeff: "Untitled Song #6" because I get to play some badass beefy bass chords. And Star Wars theme... definitely.
13. What is your vacation spot of choice?
Austin: Non-typical vacation spot--Chicago. I love it there. Typical vacation spot--as of right now, Key West, FL
14. What music reminds you of your childhood?
Austin: Nothing really mattered until Dude Ranch came out when I was 10.
Jeff: Jurassic Park theme song
15. If you could have any super power, what would it be? Why?
Austin: To be Ryan Gosling... I don't think I need a reason why
Jeff: To feel drunk without drinking anything.
16. Any pre-show superstitions or rituals?
Jeff: Learn the songs, PBR.
17. What is something that most fans don't know about you?
Austin: I have an accent but always cover it up when I talk.
Jeff: I was conceived on a ferris wheel.
18. What is your assessment of the current state of radio? Do you think it's a place where your band could flourish?
Austin: Obviously the band would flourish because the music would reach out to millions of people.
19. What do you like to do in your spare time?
Austin: Sleep in, play guitar, travel, eat cereal, drink orange juice, straighten my hair, play basketball.
Jeff: Beach volleyball, brew beer, sleep in a tent.
20. What kind of hidden talents do you have?
Unicorn mating call.
12:52 AM on 05/24/12
god damn, this just feels right
More From This Author