AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Warped Tour News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Kevin Lyman Talks About Blink-182 and Warped Tour

Posted by - 10:21 PM on 05/24/12
Warped Tour founder Kevin Lyman recently did an interview with The Gunz Show where he discussed the logistics of Blink-182 playing the festival.
From the InterviewEveryone always says, ‘Bring Blink!’ And just as a sheer economics project, think about what Blink would cost and what you’d pay for a Blink ticket compared to a Warped Tour ticket. It doesn’t work economically for Blink. They’re always welcome to come back. The door is never shut for anyone, but they’ve just gotta figure out how to come be part of it and still make it work for that $40 ticket at the door.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 86
10:29 PM on 05/24/12
plns
Registered Member
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Realistically, Blink playing would probably be about $70 a ticket, which I think most people would still pay.
10:36 PM on 05/24/12
Mochem
User Info.
And think of how many people would be in the crowd for Blink. It would be ridiculous at the place my Warped is always at.
10:41 PM on 05/24/12
domotime2
great googily moogily
User Info.
not only would it the ticket for warped go up, but you have to realize that you'd be paying THAT much extra for warped tour to hear 7 blink 182 songs.

good for kevin for ACTUALLY THINKING ABOUT THE FANS (kinda), and considering price for tickets.
10:42 PM on 05/24/12
TAI182
User Info.
Unfortunately, I don't think blink will ever play Warped Tour again at this point. I prefer their headlining shows anyway, though.
10:43 PM on 05/24/12
signal to noise
User Info.
the door is never shut for anyone? what about he bands he's banned from the tour?
10:44 PM on 05/24/12
el167509
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Even though Blink is my all time favorite, I think if they played it would take away from most of the bands who are just trying to get their name out there
10:44 PM on 05/24/12
plns
Registered Member
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
not only would it the ticket for warped go up, but you have to realize that you'd be paying THAT much extra for warped tour to hear 7 blink 182 songs.

good for kevin for ACTUALLY THINKING ABOUT THE FANS (kinda), and considering price for tickets.
Yes. Because the headliners at Warped play 7 songs. Give me a minute and I'll grab the setlist.fm links of the past few headliners.

Edit: http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/a-day-...-5bd0f34c.html A Day To Remember, the only band in Warped history that was allowed to have production, played 11 songs. Blink would most likely be allowed 15-20 songs.
10:45 PM on 05/24/12
Amongster
Still In Last Place
User Info.
It would be a waste of everyone's money to have Blink play a Warped Tour length set.
10:46 PM on 05/24/12
truthbetoldxx
http://www.milkshakes.bandcamp.c om
User Info.
Yes. Because the headliners at Warped play 7 songs. Give me a minute and I'll grab the setlist.fm links of the past few headliners.
calm down
10:47 PM on 05/24/12
domotime2
great googily moogily
User Info.

more than 7 songs? 9? that's a lot for warped tour. i stopped going to warped tour in 2006, and i went to 2008, and i never saw a "headliner" play more than 7 songs...maybe 9, ever. the lineup was always random.... like bliink could play at 2:00 technically. That stuff used to happen all the time.

10-15 songs, no way...that woudl be so un-warped tour esque. how long is the set? an hour? again..that would be un-warped esque... at least since i stopped going.
10:54 PM on 05/24/12
plns
Registered Member
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
more than 7 songs? 9? that's a lot for warped tour. i stopped going to warped tour in 2006, and i went to 2008, and i never saw a "headliner" play more than 7 songs...maybe 9, ever. the lineup was always random.... like bliink could play at 2:00 technically. That stuff used to happen all the time.

10-15 songs, no way...that woudl be so un-warped tour esque. how long is the set? an hour? again..that would be un-warped esque... at least since i stopped going.
Un-warped esque to allow a band to play that many songs? Yes. I'm just curious about what kind of offer Warped would give Blink. One of the times I did Warped, I was chilling with Paramore's merch guys counting and they were pulling in, at minimum, $30k a day in merch. One day I was with them and they had $45k. I don't even know what it would be for Blink.

Also, for reference, certain bands won't be scheduled before a certain time each day. I did 2 weeks of Warped in 2007, full years in 2008 and 2009, and one month for 2010. In 2007, Circa Survive wouldn't be scheduled before 5.
11:06 PM on 05/24/12
wtfjaked
Tortoise Tamer
User Info.

Edit: http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/a-day-...-5bd0f34c.html A Day To Remember, the only band in Warped history that was allowed to have production, played 11 songs. Blink would most likely be allowed 15-20 songs.
I think they get a time limit and they fill the time they get accordingly. Headliners probably get like a 40-45 minute set. Most others get 30 minutes or so. That's my understanding. If they did do blink, they'd probably make special arrangements for them to do a longer set than that though. Maybe an hour.
11:16 PM on 05/24/12
SoundwaveUproar
Registered Member
User Info.
id avoid the mainstage like the plague if blink were on it, i wouldn't be able to compete for space on any band id like to see on that stage
11:20 PM on 05/24/12
plns
Registered Member
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I think they get a time limit and they fill the time they get accordingly. Headliners probably get like a 40-45 minute set. Most others get 30 minutes or so. That's my understanding. If they did do blink, they'd probably make special arrangements for them to do a longer set than that though. Maybe an hour.
Yeah, I was trying to explain that to another member. I've done Warped 4x and there are always different circumstances for headliners. A Day To Remember was the first band to have production last year.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos