Password
The Early November News - Page 11
Displaying posts 150 - 165 of 182.
03:20 PM on 05/25/12
PunkDrums182
I won't always live.. Not stopping.
User Info.
Please just make sure it gets on my face

Funny, did I say it wasn't? I am a music fan AND musician, they aren't necessarily related.

Wrong band broseph.

wrong band

we try to be funny

if it is unwritten, it is not a rule

Thanks... I think

I know I missed the unwritten rules, but I am pretty sure there is nothing that is less rock than a whack ass spoken word disc.

Here's the deal, TEN makes music a lot of people like. That's awesome, and I wish them the best as they have worked their asses off to get where they are. I just don't like anything they have done since The Rooms Too Cold, and I think Ace's ego regarding his music has completely drained it's value. Triple discs, ridiculous band names, and failure to follow through with things like handwritten lyric sheets are enough evidence for me to believe that. His legion of fans will blindly disagree with me, and that's fine too. Good for them and good for Ace.

I think it's funny that everyone jumps on me about my band - we haven't played a show in over a year and have never toured outside of a couple states. I have a blue name because we did a feature a while back, some people liked it, some people didn't. That doesn't eliminate my eligibility to form an opinion about other music.

I had high hopes for this record, and I still do. This track just doesn't do it for me. That's all I said in my post, and it certainly doesn't justify the response I got. However, I knew that's what would happen when I posted it, so it's all good.
You can say whatever you want about now liking TEN's music but from everything I've seen, and the couple of times I've met Ace, he has been nothing but a genuine down to earth guy. Not sure where you're getting this whole "his ego ruined his music" thing from..
03:25 PM on 05/25/12
PunkDrums182
I won't always live.. Not stopping.
User Info.
alright, everyone take it easy. the fellas from Augustine are entitled to their opinions. but seriously, to the members of that band; we get it. you've explained yourselves enough. please exit the thread.

that being said, we're really happy most of you are digging this. we're very proud of this record and can't wait to have everyone hear it.
Joe, can I just say that you rock the fuck out in an awesome way? Great show Wednesday at Irving Plaza. Although, I think Sergio one-upped you jumping off that speaker as high as the balcony.. I honestly was picturing the headline "Early November Bassist Dies In Badass Form Jumping From Speaker" haha but I'm glad he survived.. Anyway, good song, can't wait for the album!
03:26 PM on 05/25/12
ellie117
EAGLES, Phillies, Flyers, tacos.
User Info.
I got legitimately excited seeing 150+ replies to a TEN thread, of course there had to be a silly argument in the middle of all of it.

That said, I'm digging this hard. I liked Close To You, but this definitely surpassed it in my book. I've seen them half a dozen times since their reunion and I still get this big dopey grin on my face every time I remember that they're back.
03:35 PM on 05/25/12
trevorshmevor
User Info.
Fuck, that obliterates the first song they released. My excitement for this is through the roof right now.
04:07 PM on 05/25/12
Sheluligans
Focus on the horizon.
User Info.
I didn't expect his vocals to be so rough. Fucking rules.
05:23 PM on 05/25/12
billyboatkid
The Protagonist of Loneliness
User Info.
Well that escalated quickly.. TomAce killed a guy.
05:30 PM on 05/25/12
Fringe
highfive
User Info.
I don't really get the whole argument that went on here; so many bands on this site get trashed way worse on a regular basis- I just don't get why that particular comment warranted such a huge flame war.

Anyway, I think the song is good.
05:30 PM on 05/25/12
bobcatbob18
Hang your secrets
User Info.
Didn't expect to hear such a crushing tune. Fucking. AWESOME.
06:06 PM on 05/25/12
splitsecond
Augustine / Evan
User Info.
henry rollins begs to differ

Henry Rollins is on a whole other level.

I've met Ace a couple of times, and it's quite clear that you talk straight from your ass. You should probably go ahead and quit while your behind. It takes a hell of a lot more negative ego to come into this thread and trash other musicians, I don't give a flying fuck how long it's been since you guy's did anything as a band. I'm not a huge fan of TEN, but I met Ace for the second time at Musica playing with Deas Vail, and Copeland. Both times he was an excellent performer, had a hell of a lot more class than you because a show is also a public forum and he didn't take time to take shots at other artists, met with every fan he could, signed merch and was a very down to earth kind of guy....the only ego he has/had from my limited experience with him is the one you made up for him in this thread. You're free to continue expressing your opinion, but you look like a dipshit doing it, and I'll never take your band or your band's music seriously because of your poor attitude/demeanor. Professionalism and class must hold no meaning to you.

P.S If you had expressed your opinion like this and explained yourself a little better to begin with you wouldn't be in this spot with your friend having to come in and have your back (it's not the first time from what I'm gathering). Maybe before hitting that all powerful post button you should probably read over it and think a little harder on the way you formed your opinion. That blue name denotes that a little more is required of you when talking about fellow artists just on the basis that you are part of what should be a community.

I believe my ego comment was directed at only one aspect - and that was the music itself. What I originally loved about TEN was absent after TRTC and in everything else Ace has done - which I have given adequate chances on. I have my theories why - and they are just that.

I have seen Ace perform on tours where I have gone to see other bands, and he always seemed spot on and his fans adore him. Good for him/them. I don't.

@Augustine

Forget them. I guess the only way to win on this forum is if you worship TEN and only say good things about them.

I am well aware of how people are regarding the band, haha.

alright, everyone take it easy. the fellas from Augustine are entitled to their opinions. but seriously, to the members of that band; we get it. you've explained yourselves enough. please exit the thread.

that being said, we're really happy most of you are digging this. we're very proud of this record and can't wait to have everyone hear it.

Not gonna leave the thread, sorry. As I said before, I do have high hopes for the record and would be happy to eat my words if this just happens to be the one track that doesn't hit me the way I had hoped. Maybe I am just too old and jaded for the stuff now.

You can say whatever you want about now liking TEN's music but from everything I've seen, and the couple of times I've met Ace, he has been nothing but a genuine down to earth guy. Not sure where you're getting this whole "his ego ruined his music" thing from..

You can be genuine and down to earth and still let your music slide by trying to be something different. It happens all the time.
06:07 PM on 05/25/12
splitsecond
Augustine / Evan
User Info.
I don't really get the whole argument that went on here; so many bands on this site get trashed way worse on a regular basis- I just don't get why that particular comment warranted such a huge flame war.

Anyway, I think the song is good.
People freak out because of the blue name. I am really a nobody, just like anyone else on here. This isn't the first set of fans to freak because I posted something negative. You should see how many flame wars I have had with fans of The Maine.
06:10 PM on 05/25/12
jordalsh
twitter.com/Jordalsh
User Info.
Why are so many of the posts on AP part of arguments about arguing? I don't really understand, you like the song or you don't, some of you get a little too personal about it (on both sides).

I happen to think that the band Nailed it on this one.
06:16 PM on 05/25/12
tippy325
User Info.
I personally didn't like it. Not sure why, just didn't.
06:23 PM on 05/25/12
mrgenious
the sugary smell of spring time
User Info.
Ace's vocals are my favorite around right now.
06:43 PM on 05/25/12
anamericangod
User Info.
dude, i don't really like either band in this instance, but this is way way way better than your shit, so shush.

Wait, coming from the guy who released this?

It's funny because you are wrong.
08:16 PM on 05/25/12
Kdenisarealboy
As Much of The Sky As Possible
User Info.
Wrong Augustine. Not to say we are not shitty...but we are not THAT shitty. Here is what we sound like(listed from my side project's page since I'm too lazy to create one for Augustine).

http://soundcloud.com/northernlegacy...urself-to-live
I'm sorry I got the wrong artist, but how is this any less mediocre than the TEN song that this thread is about? Your friend wrote

Typical TEN thread where everyone splooges over something that is a little better than mediocre. I used to love this band, but I just do not feel this one at all.

He may have an opinion on this song, as can I when I say that if Frayed In Doubt is a little better than mediocre, the song you linked is nothing less than an abortion of sound.
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums