AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password
Hit the Lights News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Hit the Lights
Inside AP.net

Hit The Lights Offers Merch Store Coupon To Help...

Posted by: Thomas Nassiff (05/26/12)
Hit The Lights has released a statement, which you can read below, regarding their sprinter being broken into in Manchester earlier this week. Banquet Records has set up a donation process and the band is offering 15% off in their merch store (code: UKBREAKIN) to try to recoup some of the losses.
From the BandLast night at our show in Manchester at Moho, we had to park our sprinter van in a parking spot about 4 blocks away from the venue.

During the short time span between us back line/sound checking we had a lovely gentlemen bust out the front window of the van so he could swipe an i-phone, an i-pad charger an i-pod and a macbook among other personals/clothing that were included in bags that he also had the courtesy of taking.

There was nothing that was in plain view, we don’t know why our sprinter out of all the cars parked was targeted, but it happened. Straight up; it sucks. Broad daylight, not 20 minutes after parking, we won the crap lottery today. There are shitty people in the world, it in no way reflects our outlook on the amazing people of Manchester. The show was a lot of fun and we’ve always felt very welcome here.

Unfortunately, it wasn’t as simple as material things being taken, and there were a lot of priceless memories and information contained on the items stolen. Unheard demos, music collections and an entire record that Kevin had been producing for the past year is completely gone. It’s a helpless feeling and anyone who’s ever had their property broken into or invaded knows first hand what we’re experiencing.

We’ve never been big on begging or borrowing but at this point, any help would be greatly appreciated. The police have been MORE than helpful in the matter and have a description of the individual as well as some fingerprints, but we aren’t holding our breath for our property to be retrieved. It’s a big world and we know that.

We would appreciate any help. Banquet Records were kind enough to set up a donation for us, and we’re also offering 15% off at the HTL Merch store. We’re hoping between the two of those things that we’ll be able to at least cover the cost of what was stolen.

Donate: http://www.banquetrecords.com/HTLappeal

Buy Merch: http://www.indiemerch.com/hitthelights
*enter UKBREAKIN upon checkout to take 15% off your order

One more thing: if anyone from Manchester knows a tall, skinny white man with a white bicycle who wants to sell you a macbook, i-phone, i-pad charger, etc - please retrieve several of his teeth so we can make a cool necklace. We guarantee free admission to HTL shows for life.

Thanks guys.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 21
12:16 AM on 05/26/12
danredgate
User Info.
That sucks, being from Manchester I hope it doesn't stop them returning. I'm looking forward to seeing them at Slamdunk today, hope the new stuff sounds good live, I've really started to enjoy the new album over the last few weeks
01:16 AM on 05/26/12
Mochem
User Info.
This seems to happen to a band every week. Bummer.
01:18 AM on 05/26/12
abusedcat
Long Gone Before Daylight
User Info.
Kevin Mahoney solo record? I would put a good chunk of change towards that.
01:46 AM on 05/26/12
Liciakasher
This is where the fish lives
User Info.
Why does this keep happening in Manchester? I'm starting nto be glad I chose not to go see Westlife there. It seems really dangerous.
06:12 AM on 05/26/12
skanal1
User Info.
not a fan of HTL but this is so painful. hope that the stuff that can't be replaced is returned. ugh.
06:38 AM on 05/26/12
brian.yof
User Info.
Is it so wrong that I'm kinda hoping they get that necklace?
06:51 AM on 05/26/12
AnthonyBTT
User Info.
If they catch this guy he's gonna need a bodybag.
08:09 AM on 05/26/12
ellie117
EAGLES, Phillies, Flyers, tacos.
User Info.
Sucks. I have to say, it's nice to see a band resorting to something other than kickstarter for something like this. Might check out that merch store just out of respect..
08:16 AM on 05/26/12
Handraa
.-.-.-.-.
User Info.
If they catch this guy he's gonna need a bodybag.
I see what you did there..
08:28 AM on 05/26/12
kidinthebushes
User Info.
Props to Banquet for getting involved when they don't have to.
09:17 AM on 05/26/12
Christian Wagner
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
And it has to happen to one of the nicest bands out there. Unbelievable.

Edit: I bought a shirt because these guys deserve the support.
09:21 AM on 05/26/12
decrescendo27
www.KillLincolnDC.com
User Info.
Moral of the story: back up your demos, music, etc.
10:33 AM on 05/26/12
untitled94
User Info.
Moral of the story: back up your demos, music, etc.
I don't really think that's the moral of the story at all...but..alright

Sucks. These guys are great guys, people are scumbags.
10:41 AM on 05/26/12
The Summer Ends
COYS
User Info.
how much of a colossal piece of shit do you have to be to steal something? i just don't understand it.

"hey here's something nice that someone else has. i'll take it from them lol fuck their shit."

fuck you, man. get a job, and buy your own shit.

edit: really wish they had some merch that wasn't covered in text or graphic stuff
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums