AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Against Me! News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Chuck Ragan Speaks About Laura Jane Grace

Posted by - 10:11 AM on 05/28/12
Chuck Ragan from Hot Water Music was recently interviewed about Against Me!'s Laura Jane Grace.
From the InterviewIn all seriousness, I felt really honored to be a part of a community that was so open-minded supporting people doing things out of the norm, because when I was a kid, thatís what punk was all about. It was a mind-set, about you being exactly who you wanted to be, no matter what your school or your parents or the church said.

Submitted by OldSchoolReason

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 67
10:15 AM on 05/28/12
animefan13LPfn1
I ate a man alive tonight.
User Info.
It has been great to see so much support coming from the community.
10:15 AM on 05/28/12
deanster321
BLEGH
User Info.
Class act.
10:21 AM on 05/28/12
The Revisionist
Loves shittyass pop music
User Info.
Where's the rest of the interview?
10:23 AM on 05/28/12
The Revisionist
User Info.
I found this snippet of it, I would like to read the rest of the interview though. http://www.lasvegasweekly.com/news/2...nder-changing/
10:37 AM on 05/28/12
TJ Wells
i'll see you at the movies.
User Info.
the only reason all you see is positive response is because all of the negative comments get deleted. this topic is blown way out of proportion and regulated by a coward who can't argue.
Please give us your arguments, I'd fucking love to hear them.
10:39 AM on 05/28/12
The Revisionist
User Info.
10:41 AM on 05/28/12
trolland10
Listen to Limbeck
User Info.
the only reason all you see is positive response is because all of the negative comments get deleted. this topic is blown way out of proportion and regulated by a coward who can't argue.
if you are one of those who don't support Laura's decision, i'd like a rational, level headed explanation as to why. i can't see how it should be anyone's business what she does because it has absolutely zero impact on your life. people who are being negative about her decision come off as blowhards who believe it is their right to judge what is the best decision for a person whom they have never met and have absolutely no connection to. So when people come into these threads with hateful comments i'd like to know what the actual rational for that kind of behavior is. if it makes you uncomfortable, ignore it. the internet flaming that people have done about this is not only contradictory to the ethics that punk rock was founded on, but are absolutely unnecessary. /rant
10:41 AM on 05/28/12
TJ Wells
User Info.
take it easy psycho. i guess this topic is a touchy subject? i bet his wife and kids are gonna have a great life after this.
Why wouldn't they? Do you have evidence you can show me that being raised by someone who's transgender has any detriment on children?
10:45 AM on 05/28/12
TJ Wells
User Info.
give it five to ten years. i'm sure they'll turn out just fine
What effect does having LGBT parents have on children?

Sometimes people are concerned that children being raised by a gay parent will need extra emotional support or face unique social stressors.Current research shows that children with gay and lesbian parents do not differ from children with heterosexual parents in their emotional development or in their relationships with peers and adults. It is important for parents to understand that it is the the quality of the parent/child relationship and not the parent’s sexual orientation that has an effect on a child’s development. Research has shown that in contrast to common beliefs, children of lesbian, gay, or transgender parents:
Are not more likely to be gay than children with heterosexual parents.
Are not more likely to be sexually abused.
Do not show differences in whether they think of themselves as male or female (gender identity).
Do not show differences in their male and female behaviors (gender role behavior).
10:47 AM on 05/28/12
TJ Wells
User Info.
10:48 AM on 05/28/12
Aphasia17
Koi No Yokan
User Info.
take it easy psycho. i guess this topic is a touchy subject? i bet his wife and kids are gonna have a great life after this.

I love how you talk about negative comments getting deleted and yet when someone challenges you to give a level-headed, halfway mature argument against Laura's decision, you can't do it. And no, all the negative comments are NOT getting deleted. For proof, go see the thread about Against Me's first show since the announcement.

All you're doing is being a troll. Stop embarrassing yourself.
10:49 AM on 05/28/12
RyanFTW
ATTACK POP PUNK
User Info.
11:00 AM on 05/28/12
TJ Wells
User Info.
please site. also, when you say that current research "shows" something you are clearly implying that it is fact when it is not. next time stick with "suggests." that way i know you actually went to college. im sure there is a percentage of gay and trans parents that turn out just fine, but in my opinion i think it has a higher likelihood to cause detriment. am i not allowed to have an opinion? i'm sure there are others who would agree with me but they have clearly learned that this forum is filled with hypocrites claiming to be open minded. if you are all for allowing people to do what they "feel" then let them. i "feel" like i should be able to state my opinion without being threatened. seems like we have some contradiction here....
Cited from the American Academy of Child & Adolescent Psychiatry

http://www.aacap.org/cs/root/facts_f...gender_parents
11:04 AM on 05/28/12
leftapart
User Info.
I support Tom 100%! You go girl.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles