AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

The Ataris News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

The Ataris Update New Album

Posted by - 03:30 PM on 05/28/12
Kris Roe of The Ataris recently discussed his band's upcoming record, Graveyard of the Atlantic.
From the InterviewBut for the album, in May/June I am going back into the studio to finish the vocals for the seven remaining songs. Currently all the music is done. We have a lot of songs recorded and I think that we have a lot of really good songs and I think we have a lot of leftover songs that will be for a few 7 inches and bonus tracks for the future. Our goal is to get the record out this summer with Paper + Plastick Records.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 61
03:32 PM on 05/28/12
Bryan Mac
GFYTN
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
He's been saying "In _____ I am going back into the studio to finish the vocals for the seven remaining songs" for the past two years.
I refuse to believe anything that Kris Roe says.
03:32 PM on 05/28/12
bradsonemanband
I make music.
User Info.
woo! i was just playing some Ataris songs on my guitar. how lovely. i'm stoked to hear the new record.
03:33 PM on 05/28/12
JamesMichael
Fight Fuck Regret
User Info.
Seven more songs!? I thought there was only one or two left to record and the acoustic album funds were going to be put into this. It seems they have recorded and disregard songs a lot over the process of the album so I'll be expecting a lot of b-sides when it does finally see the light of day.
03:46 PM on 05/28/12
JimmyIymmiJ
Go on, give up, you'll never win...
User Info.
I've liked the 3 new songs I've heard (although I'm not sure if All Souls Day or Graveyard of the Atlantic can be considered new songs at this point), but I'll believe it when I hear it regarding the album being done or almost done. I'll listen and probably love it when it comes out, but we've heard this before.
03:51 PM on 05/28/12
UnderMyDreams
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Seven more songs!? I thought there was only one or two left to record and the acoustic album funds were going to be put into this. It seems they have recorded and disregard songs a lot over the process of the album so I'll be expecting a lot of b-sides when it does finally see the light of day.

Just vocals...
03:54 PM on 05/28/12
splitsecond
Augustine / Evan
User Info.
He's been saying "In _____ I am going back into the studio to finish the vocals for the seven remaining songs" for the past two years.
I refuse to believe anything that Kris Roe says.
2 years? Try 3. This record was supposedly all track at the beginning of 2009 with Bob Hoag at Flying Blanket. He was there a few weeks before we recorded there and we talked to him at an acoustic show he did while he was recording.

I have no clue what the holdup is. He has been through I think three supposed labels, and multiple producers at this point. It's truly bizarre. Maybe he just keeps writing more and better, maybe its other things. But one thing it absolutely is is bizarre.
03:55 PM on 05/28/12
UnderMyDreams
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
2 years? Try 3. This record was supposedly all track at the beginning of 2009 with Bob Hoag at Flying Blanket. He was there a few weeks before we recorded there and we talked to him at an acoustic show he did while he was recording.

I have no clue what the holdup is. He has been through I think three supposed labels, and multiple producers at this point. It's truly bizarre. Maybe he just keeps writing more and better, maybe its other things. But one thing it absolutely is is bizarre.

Hasn't had the funds to record, he says. That doesn't seem so unlikely.
04:00 PM on 05/28/12
JamesMichael
Fight Fuck Regret
User Info.

Its just been vocals for years...
04:02 PM on 05/28/12
UnderMyDreams
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Its just been vocals for years...

Well he's had a lot of time to practice then.
04:03 PM on 05/28/12
brokenmixtape
You're all speed and no gas
User Info.
Stoked
04:07 PM on 05/28/12
JamesMichael
Fight Fuck Regret
User Info.
Well he's had a lot of time to practice then.

A hell a lot of practice. It basically seems like at this point they have songs recorded but then its like "Hey this song might fit better" and they record that which then pushes a song originally on the recorded off and thus starts the cycle of the same. They've gone through plenty of band members over the years so its no surprise when they get some one else they might be like "Hey why not try this" At this point I'd be surprised if any of the songs they have released are going to be on the new record.
04:11 PM on 05/28/12
Trevor Sostarich
Vernacular
User Info.
The dude is a tool. We played a show with them and he acts like he's this giant rock star. Completely ruined their music for me.
04:14 PM on 05/28/12
richrad
The Thoroughbred of Sin
User Info.
I have no clue what the holdup is.
Back when he was hocking lyric sheets and gold records on eBay the prevailing opinion was "cocaine."
04:17 PM on 05/28/12
UnderMyDreams
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
The dude is a tool. We played a show with them and he acts like he's this giant rock star. Completely ruined their music for me.

Totally good dude everytime I've seen him/ booked him.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos