Username
Password

Comments: Page 3
Displaying posts 30 - 45 of 61
10:07 PM on 05/28/12
Jake Gyllenhaal
What's up Hot Dog?
User Info.
What has Kris Roe been up to over the years in terms of day to day work to pay the bills? Not putting him down, just curious.
10:13 PM on 05/28/12
mattregan
www.twitter.com/vipregan
User Info.
Others have said it, but the constant delays def sound like he was using the $$$ for other habits.
10:17 PM on 05/28/12
NateFoundGlory
Why do you stay till you see blood?
User Info.
Really strange typo in this article. Somehow "eBay" ended up as "Paper + Plastick."
You win, sir.
12:21 AM on 05/29/12
heron182
User Info.
Im curious to know about these other habits. Is he into drugs?
12:36 AM on 05/29/12
GetUpAndrew
The Things We Think We're Missing
User Info.
Finally. We had to wait for this record for such a long time.
03:04 AM on 05/29/12
stefan86
User Info.
This band have had too many line up changes and broken too many promises for me to really be interested anymore. I'll always love the old stuff but So long astoria was 9 years ago now and they haven't released anything decent since then.

I'll listen to the new record with an open mind but i'm not expecting it to be anything but average.
04:33 AM on 05/29/12
punkcrap
a stupid fuck with brilliant luck.
User Info.
I don't think Kris Roe owes us anything, so I don't get the impatience. If you follow The Ataris, you know they're not on a record company, and probably are always running out of funds to finish this recording, so let the guy do his stuff on his own time.

And he's not a tool, met him already just like a lot of people on this thread and he's the most down to earth guy I've ever met from a band.
04:48 AM on 05/29/12
JamesMichael
Fight Fuck Regret
User Info.
What has Kris Roe been up to over the years in terms of day to day work to pay the bills? Not putting him down, just curious.

Hes sold quite a lot of stuff on eBay over the years. Two that spring to mind are the guitar he used to record Blue Skies and his very own gold record he got for So long Astoria which caused a lot of talk over here a few years ago.
05:11 AM on 05/29/12
RockVocalPower
Ups and Downsizing
User Info.
I don't think Kris Roe owes us anything, so I don't get the impatience. If you follow The Ataris, you know they're not on a record company, and probably are always running out of funds to finish this recording, so let the guy do his stuff on his own time.

And he's not a tool, met him already just like a lot of people on this thread and he's the most down to earth guy I've ever met from a band.
If you follow the Ataris, you also know he's been promising to "finish the vocals" for years now. Years.
05:38 AM on 05/29/12
UnderMyDreams
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
If you follow the Ataris, you also know he's been promising to "finish the vocals" for years now. Years.

Yeah. But if he doesn't have the money to record he doesn't have the money to record. Shit's not free.
05:40 AM on 05/29/12
RockVocalPower
Ups and Downsizing
User Info.
Yeah. But if he doesn't have the money to record he doesn't have the money to record. Shit's not free.
He's always framed those acoustic tours he does ALL THE TIME as raising money to pay for the vocals. Didn't he post up a solo record to raise money for it too?

It's a pipe dream at this point.
05:47 AM on 05/29/12
UnderMyDreams
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
He's always framed those acoustic tours he does ALL THE TIME as raising money to pay for the vocals. Didn't he post up a solo record to raise money for it too?

It's a pipe dream at this point.

And he said he's going in in May/June to finish, and doing a few acoustic tours doesn't raise a ton of money. Minus has and food expenses, and living expenses as this is his job it's probably extremely tight. Again, shit's not cheap.
06:45 AM on 05/29/12
nicklaugher
Cynical Asshole
User Info.
Jesus christ, just buy a decent Rode mic and record the vocals in your basement.
There's no need for this.
06:51 AM on 05/29/12
RockVocalPower
Ups and Downsizing
User Info.
And he said he's going in in May/June to finish, and doing a few acoustic tours doesn't raise a ton of money. Minus has and food expenses, and living expenses as this is his job it's probably extremely tight. Again, shit's not cheap.
Unless I'm mistaken and this dude isn't in the band anyone (which wouldn't surprise me given that probably 30 people have been in the Ataris at some point), one of the other members owns his own studio where they tracked a bunch of stuff.

Or the label could, you know, pay for it.
07:37 AM on 05/29/12
wakeupgomer
Just here for the drinks.
User Info.
It's been forever ago, but I still feel compelled to write this: the worst show I've ever seen was the Ataris acoustic set...and I've seen some really shitty shows in 28 years. Before you bring the mob: "Blue Skies..." was one of my favorite albums in high school and I learned nearly every track on guitar. I jumped at my first chance to see them live and it was the absolute biggest waste of my time and money EVER. Reading the comments, maybe I should be more understanding (in the case of drug/marital/finance problems), but I felt so ripped off and disappointed. That said, I still wish the band the best. But I'm filing under The Juliana Theory as bands that irritated me so much live that they've become nearly unlistenable (w/c?)

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos