xxemo_kittyxx
meow.
User Info.
I love depressing things.
01:49 PM on 06/23/12
Steve Henderson
Retired
User Info.
Late pass getting around to this, but it is really quite a great EP. Really into this band's sound.
04:50 AM on 06/10/13
PeaceArtSunshin
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I know they're really good. But there are plenty of great bands out there that aren't getting this amount of hype. I feel that that small push towards relevance came from the fact that he's a Lacey.

It's the little things that help push a band to the next level, and who knows for sure, but nobody heard about them until about a week or two ago, and a couple days later, they were signed. The originally news post may have had about 5 replies instead of 50+ without the Lacey name drop.

As I said, this says NOTHING about their music, they're a great band. But in a publicity sense, it's helped a ton.
To say people haven't "heard" of them until a week ago isn't entirely fair, or true. Plenty of people have been Coasta fans for a while. This isn't the first anyone has heard their EP, Coasta's EP was released on iTunes a while ago.

I'm not dispelling that there are a lot of Brand New fans out there looking for their next "Lacey fix", but Coasta is fresh on their own. Their sound is their own; and that has nothing to do with Brand New. There isn't even any need to bring it up.

Those who listen to Coasta love Coasta.
Options
More From This Author
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News