AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Motion City Soundtrack News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Motion City Soundtrack Offers Free Download of "True...

Posted by - 10:31 AM on 05/29/12
An interview with Motion City Soundtrack and a download of "True Romance" can be found over at Billboard.com.
From the InterviewAfter finishing the album and giving multiple labels a preview of the rough mixes, Motion City Soundtrack decided to once again talk to Epitaph, the label that released the group's first three full-lengths including its debut album, "I Am the Movie," in 2003. "We finally had our meeting with Epitaph and were like, 'This is the place we should be. This is our family -- there's way too much history. Let's go back and put out a record together," says [Josh] Cain.

Submitted by The Meech

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 16
10:50 AM on 05/29/12
Fame<Infamy
gonna bang bang fuck you up
User Info.
Was this song not already released?
10:55 AM on 05/29/12
OldSchoolReason
User Info.
I wonder how upset they are with Epitaph for the early posting. Waiting for the full album to be released, but I thought MDL was their best work together - this sounds like it will not be in the same vein as it though.
11:15 AM on 05/29/12
imtherealdave
Mostly Harmless
User Info.
Was this song not already released?
It was already released. It's just available as a free download now.
11:16 AM on 05/29/12
guitarguy211
The Starship Renegade
User Info.
Free MCS song. I'm won over.
11:16 AM on 05/29/12
fenderstrat383
Kenneth Doolittle
User Info.
I'll still be buying this as soon as it drops, but I've heard the whole thing and only find one or two tracks to be up to MCS standards.
11:17 AM on 05/29/12
imtherealdave
Mostly Harmless
User Info.
I've heard the whole thing and only find one or two tracks to be up to MCS standards.

That's depressing.
11:25 AM on 05/29/12
fenderstrat383
Kenneth Doolittle
User Info.
In fairness, I think I'd find it more appealing if another band released it. I listen to MCS for their energy...the whole CD is more relaxed.
12:03 PM on 05/29/12
codeseven
/* No route to host */
User Info.
Thanks for allowing us a free download of your song, MCS. But actually your record label already gave us the entire CD for free before it was released. Appreciate it though.
12:44 PM on 05/29/12
Pepetito
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
anyone got a link to free download?
01:12 PM on 05/29/12
fearthesloths
blown from the hinge
User Info.
I'll still be buying this as soon as it drops, but I've heard the whole thing and only find one or two tracks to be up to MCS standards.
yeah i agree. i pre-ordered the vinyl so i didn't feel guilty about downloading the leak... but after listening to it, i was really disappointed. Timelines and True Romance are pretty good songs, but the rest of the album is so lethargic and weird... a lot of it doesn't even sound like MCS to me. i'm hoping it will grow on me a bit more.
01:47 PM on 05/29/12
ghelms88
Back by Popular Demand
User Info.
I feel like this album is a definite grower. This isn't going to have everyone appreciate it until they listen to it a few times.
02:01 PM on 05/29/12
matthewisobel
User Info.
Album is a classic, I will be buying the physical that's for sure. People saying that they are disappointed are wrong, they're music has gotten better, and just isn't as polished as Dinosaur Life.
04:05 PM on 05/29/12
fenderstrat383
Kenneth Doolittle
User Info.
Album is a classic, I will be buying the physical that's for sure. People saying that they are disappointed are wrong, they're music has gotten better, and just isn't as polished as Dinosaur Life.
I wouldn't say we who are disappointed are "wrong"...just expecting a different sound out of this CD.
08:11 AM on 05/30/12
SpyKi
This Charming Man
User Info.
I wouldn't say we who are disappointed are "wrong"...just expecting a different sound out of this CD.
I think that's the main problem people are having with it but I think if a band puts out a different sound people should give it a chance to grow on them and not dismiss it just because it's not as fast as they wanted. I don't think any band should ever have to stick to a certain style but there always seems to be those people who are like "I don't want this band to be like this, I'd probably like the album if it were some other band but I don't because it's this band." Just seems strange to me.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos