This Thread is Closed.

10:22 AM on 11/30/12 
User Info.
Scott Weber
Live Like a Legend
Seattle, WA
Male - 31 Years Old
Staff Member
Walden's a time bomb though, his delivery is ridiculous and his control is waiting to implode. Not a fan.
10:30 AM on 11/30/12 
User Info.
Eich696
I hate TY Hilton
South Jersey
Male - 24 Years Old
That is not a good deal. Wow.
10:45 AM on 11/30/12 
User Info.
rcrook
Damage Control
hahahaha Jordan Walden sucks. you got got Atlanta.
11:07 AM on 11/30/12 
User Info.
SilenceBrokenTT
Here I am alive...
Fort Bragg, NC
Male - 28 Years Old
Nice trade for the Halos... dude that pitches barely an inning for a total inning eater.

Edit: Also, I looked up images of him on tumblr... accidentally spelled it HansEn. Bad, bad mistake...
11:10 AM on 11/30/12 
User Info.
Eich696
I hate TY Hilton
South Jersey
Male - 24 Years Old
Yeah, someone justify Atlanta trading away someone who has potential to be a top 2 guy in a rotation for a guy who has only gone downhill and pitches an inning per game
11:15 AM on 11/30/12 
User Info.
MyBestFiend
I'm taking 10+ shots a game
South Philly
Male - 22 Years Old
Hanson was pretty bad last season
11:15 AM on 11/30/12 
User Info.
Eich696
I hate TY Hilton
South Jersey
Male - 24 Years Old
FanSince09 ‏@FanSince09 80% of your ballpark being filled by fans of the opposing team RT @thisisdspan: Can somebody explain to me what natitude is?!
11:19 AM on 11/30/12 
User Info.
TachyonEvan
Batman, for example, and Magellan.
Chicago
Male
FanSince09 ‏@FanSince09 80% of your ballpark being filled by fans of the opposing team RT @thisisdspan: Can somebody explain to me what natitude is?!

Isn't that what the whole revitalized marketing (including "Natitude") is about, though, trying to actually build a fanbase for the team and get Nats fans' asses in the seats? Kinda silly to expect a team that just finished over .500 for the first time ever to suddenly have the fanbase of the Phillies.
11:20 AM on 11/30/12 
User Info.
Drew Beringer
Senior Editor - @drewberinger - Locked Groove
Indianapolis
Male - 28 Years Old
Staff Member
jokes, man. jokes
11:21 AM on 11/30/12 
User Info.
Eich696
I hate TY Hilton
South Jersey
Male - 24 Years Old
Isn't that what the whole revitalized marketing (including "Natitude") is about, though, trying to actually build a fanbase for the team and get Nats fans' asses in the seats? Kinda silly to expect a team that just finished over .500 for the first time ever to suddenly have the fanbase of the Phillies.

Its a joke haha. Thing is, the team was really good last year and they still couldn't fill the stadium for playoffs game.
11:22 AM on 11/30/12 
User Info.
underdawg1119
fghtffyrdmns
Atlanta, GA
Male - 26 Years Old
When I think innings eater, Tommy Hanson is not one that comes to mind..I won't say good riddance or that it's a good deal or anything...but I'm honestly not THAT upset about it..
11:27 AM on 11/30/12 
User Info.
i2ockbotm
Male - 30 Years Old
Yeah, someone justify Atlanta trading away someone who has potential to be a top 2 guy in a rotation for a guy who has only gone downhill and pitches an inning per game

Hanson has only gone downhill as well. Shoulder injuries are a red flag, and since he went on the DL two times for the shoulder, he's been below replacement level with decreased velocity. He doesn't have the control or quality of secondary pitches to be a top two guy as a right-hander throwing below 90.

I don't see any surplus value in Hanson going into his arb years. Other GMs probably see the same, hence the return for the Braves.
11:30 AM on 11/30/12 
User Info.
Recovery Room
2014 NL EAST DIVISION CHAMPS
Neverland
Male
Its a joke haha. Thing is, the team was really good last year and they still couldn't fill the stadium for playoffs game.
This isn't true at all, the place was packed to capacity -- they ended up releasing and selling (out) more SRO tickets.

Are you confusing Nats Park with Yankee Stadium?
11:30 AM on 11/30/12 
User Info.
rcrook
Damage Control
Didn't Atlanta have one of the best bullpens last year? What does Jordan Walden do for them that they don't already have?
11:32 AM on 11/30/12 
User Info.
MyBestFiend
I'm taking 10+ shots a game
South Philly
Male - 22 Years Old
I remember seeing a SportsCenter story in September that said the Nats were drawing "close to 30,000" people.

Don't know how much the new stadium holds but that doesn't sound close to capacity.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos