Username
Password

Comments: Page 2
Displaying posts 15 - 30 of 34
01:01 PM on 05/29/12
lostintheair
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
In the early 90's, Jeff Buckley stopped by KCRW's studios late one night - well before he was famous - settling down in front of a microphone in Master Control right across from Liza Richardson. He sang a handful of songs, including a Bad Brains cover, an original track and a cover of Billie Holiday's "Strange Fruit." There was no engineer on site. It was recorded on DAT.

At first we were only able to rescue one part of the session (see here) but, as luck would have it, engineer JC Swiatek discovered another copy of the recording in her own personal collection and now we can make the entire session available.

http://www.kcrw.com/music/programs/t...he_archives_je
01:11 PM on 05/29/12
kianacarly
I'm living it, leaving it to change
User Info.

Love his music so much. He had such an unreal voice
01:35 PM on 05/29/12
FUCKDIRTYWIPES
Kicking it middle school
User Info.
Rip.
01:44 PM on 05/29/12
stephenAnberlin
Anberlin / Stephen
User Info.
His voice and unbelievable talent may never be matched again.
01:56 PM on 05/29/12
ChaseTx
Thought the title read Keith Buckley at first. I panicked inside.
I thought Jordan. Same reaction.
02:38 PM on 05/29/12
Robb
ism
User Info.
I got the Jeff Buckley update today facebook - I know they are run by family, the label, etc, but it's still weird getting updates from dead people on my feed.
03:04 PM on 05/29/12
JayBee420
Bright and Early
User Info.
i'm sure it's only b/c of the lack of knowledge of who Jeff Buckley is/was.
Thats actually exactly what I thought.
03:09 PM on 05/29/12
JayBee420
Bright and Early
User Info.
I disagree completely. I would say it constantly gets matched, but definitely never duplicated. Tons of talent out there if you look for it. But, these days, it's almost as if a good artist HAS TO die first just to get the proper recognition of their work. That being said, RIP Jeff Buckley. He has done more for music even in death, than most artists do in their entire lives.
03:11 PM on 05/29/12
reid
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
One of my favorites from him:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lwJoY6ekcfI
03:23 PM on 05/29/12
rjmoz87
The Total Package
User Info.
Going to listen to Grace on viny...RIP
03:28 PM on 05/29/12
guitarnick20
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I disagree completely. I would say it constantly gets matched, but definitely never duplicated. Tons of talent out there if you look for it. But, these days, it's almost as if a good artist HAS TO die first just to get the proper recognition of their work. That being said, RIP Jeff Buckley. He has done more for music even in death, than most artists do in their entire lives.

I completely disagree with you. His vocal talent didn't just lie in his soaring 4 or 5 or whatever octave range people wanna talk about. That's cool that he could sing real high, but his his greatest talent was his ability to nail the emotion in the vocals as well as his control. In that sense literally nobody has matched him since in terms of his voice.

Jeff Buckley's true talent was apparent in his performance of the vocals as well as his writing, not his range.
06:07 PM on 05/29/12
joelabz
Totes Magotes!
User Info.
When i just saw this i was like "does someone think jeff buckley has only recently died?" lmao
06:43 PM on 05/29/12
bladerdude360
saved latin. What did you ever do?
User Info.
I have Grace on vinyl, so good. Will have to listen again soon.
07:53 PM on 05/29/12
AdamChildress
Wondrous Oblivion.
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I could never agree more. He and his father changed my musical life so much.

I miss him so much. What could of been if he could of finished that second album....
08:43 PM on 05/29/12
JayBee420
Bright and Early
User Info.
When in Rome.

I completely disagree with you. His vocal talent didn't just lie in his soaring 4 or 5 or whatever octave range people wanna talk about. That's cool that he could sing real high, but his his greatest talent was his ability to nail the emotion in the vocals as well as his control. In that sense literally nobody has matched him since in terms of his voice.

Jeff Buckley's true talent was apparent in his performance of the vocals as well as his writing, not his range.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos