AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

All Time Low News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Interview Tease: All Time Low

Posted by - 02:36 PM on 05/29/12
We just finished talking with Alex from All Time Low, and have learned the band has, officially, split from Interscope records and recorded their new album as an unsigned band. The full interview this comes from will be posted in the next day or two when Christian finishes getting it all typed up, but in the meantime - we thought sharing and clearing up the band's label situation was something fans would be interested in.
From the InterviewA good chunk of this record deals with our signing, and eventual split with Interscope. It was the usual story that we promised ourselves we'd never let happen: Band signs with label, label throws everything into the making of band's new album, team working the record gets fired or moved to another office, record gets delayed, record loses steam, band leaves label. I don't fault the folks at Interscope for any of this. The people we worked with were amazing, and really believed in us. Even the people who eventually came in to try and pick up the pieces left in the wake of massive restructuring, were genuinely trying to help. Unfortunately we got lost in the mess of big business and higher-ups making deals. Lesson learned. No hard feelings. It's not for us. We asked to be released from our contract, and they understood why. The other, and more important theme of this record, is self discovery and confidence. It's about being sure that you're not sure, and being OK with that-- realizing that life is an adventure, and to face it boldly and unabashedly. I think this theme even plays into the former quite a bit; Don't let anyone mess with you aspirations.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 230
02:39 PM on 05/29/12
zephyrsong12345
solitary WEASEL
User Info.
wow.
02:39 PM on 05/29/12
anamericangod
User Info.
Some things never change. Still hoping the new record delivers.
02:40 PM on 05/29/12
DevinDomino
FUCKyeah
User Info.
Called it! Good job getting away from those mother fuckers. After reading that paragraph, the content of the album sounds like it's going to be a great record. I'm trying to not get my hopes too high because I don't want to be let down, but all the recent things I'm seeing and hearing make me believe this will be the band at their best. I really want Hopeless to jump on this really soon - if they haven't already.
02:42 PM on 05/29/12
bobsheiskawy
www.facebook.com/misewell
User Info.
more excited for this record now.
02:43 PM on 05/29/12
RockVocalPower
Ups and Downsizing
User Info.
Fueled By Ramen
02:44 PM on 05/29/12
billyboatkid
The Protagonist of Loneliness
User Info.
I have a feeling this could be their FUCT. But who knows. Would be amazing.
02:45 PM on 05/29/12
Nolessthanblink
Are you watching closely?
User Info.
When will bands learn? Sucks for them :/
02:46 PM on 05/29/12
Xiegfried
Reconnect This
User Info.
Sounds awesome! This boosts my faith in the new album quite a bit. Hopefully they don't disappoint.
02:46 PM on 05/29/12
Jason Tate
User Info.
I talked to Janick a month or so ago about this very thing ... he assured me it wasn't happening. Of course, anything can change and talking to hack-web-reporter-me doesn't guarantee accuracy.

With how well Hopeless is doing - might as well be back there.
02:47 PM on 05/29/12
Jason Tate
User Info.
I have a feeling this could be their FUCT. But who knows. Would be amazing.
Hasn't every album - ever - supposed to have been their FUCT? Haha.
02:48 PM on 05/29/12
strawberrypocky
User Info.
Finally! Interscope Records did nothing for All Time Low, this new album better be better than Dirty Work!
02:48 PM on 05/29/12
zephyrsong12345
solitary WEASEL
User Info.
They're not going to have a FUCT.
02:49 PM on 05/29/12
RockVocalPower
Ups and Downsizing
User Info.
I talked to Janick a month or so ago about this very thing ... he assured me it wasn't happening. Of course, anything can change and talking to hack-web-reporter-me doesn't guarantee accuracy.

With how well Hopeless is doing - might as well be back there.
I can't see him letting them get away again. But you're right, I also wouldn't be surprised to see them back on Hopeless.
02:49 PM on 05/29/12
herestoyoufla
Still starin' down the sun
User Info.
wayyyyyy more excited for the record now. Fuck yeah!

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos