Username
Password
Streaming News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Streaming
Inside AP.net

Bye Bye Metric Album Stream

Posted by: Jason Tate (05/30/12)
Apparently the Metric soundcloud album stream that we posted before was not supposed to be out there to the public yet. It seems it was set to a secret link, and someone leaked it. So, with that - we've taken the post down at the request of the band's management. Just don't Google it or anything.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 105
09:05 AM on 05/30/12
tacosforcharles
it all ends
User Info.
Well...I got one listen in. Good enough for me until the album drops anyways. Damn fine album!
09:08 AM on 05/30/12
EndlessPrisoner
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
You can still get it if you go to this site. http://syntheticahideandseek.ilovemetric.c om/

When you get the six words, it goes to the soundcloud stream.
Just look on the band's facebook page for the answers. They just seem to not want people to put the link out there without doing the puzzle.
09:12 AM on 05/30/12
Alex DiVincenzo
www.alexislegend.com
User Info.
You can still get it if you go to this site. http://syntheticahideandseek.ilovemetric.c om/

Just look on the band's facebook page for the answers. They just seem to not want people to put the link out there without doing the puzzle.
That's pretty ridiculous.
09:16 AM on 05/30/12
FortheLP
User Info.
anyone who got in earlier should be able to check their history and find it there.
09:30 AM on 05/30/12
gonfreaks
User Info.
So, uh, I guess Soundcloud is the new way to leak albums?
09:49 AM on 05/30/12
J.C.
adorkable
User Info.

In case people don't feel like going on a wild goose chase:

1. Destination
2. Future
3. Fate
4. Memory
5. Outsider
6. False
09:56 AM on 05/30/12
sargentlgfuad
Glass boy
User Info.
I mean, I found the soundcloud leak in like 3 seconds. It's pretty easy to google search.

The internet is crazy nowadays, man.
10:07 AM on 05/30/12
AShannon04
http://drewshannon.net
User Info.
That's pretty ridiculous.
Howso? It looks like the band and their team clearly spent a lot of time and energy setting this up, and wanted people to interact with their website and social properties, and that only the most dedicated fans would get it.

Having people rip and share the link kinda defeats the whole thing and takes the magic out of it.
10:24 AM on 05/30/12
gregplaysdrums
Drummer
User Info.
Howso? It looks like the band and their team clearly spent a lot of time and energy setting this up, and wanted people to interact with their website and social properties, and that only the most dedicated fans would get it.

Having people rip and share the link kinda defeats the whole thing and takes the magic out of it.
They spent a lot of time on the site, yet only hosted the music through soundcloud? They dropped the ball on that one.
10:32 AM on 05/30/12
11:11
Soft sound
User Info.

The site was only for putting the 6 key words in. You had to search the entire internet for the words, not the special page they made. It took people several hours to figure out the 5th word, and it did a good job of bringing people together to figure it out. Now that it has been figured out, I don't see the point in bringing people back to a page just to type in 6 words they can google
10:42 AM on 05/30/12
AShannon04
http://drewshannon.net
User Info.
They spent a lot of time on the site, yet only hosted the music through soundcloud? They dropped the ball on that one.

The site was only for putting the 6 key words in. You had to search the entire internet for the words, not the special page they made. It took people several hours to figure out the 5th word, and it did a good job of bringing people together to figure it out. Now that it has been figured out, I don't see the point in bringing people back to a page just to type in 6 words they can google

Having helped run some of these types of scavenger hunts myself, it's completely unavoidable and expected that fans will share the keywords with each other on Facebook, Twitter, message boards, etc., but when big sites link straight to the private Soundcloud player itself, I think that's a different story, and is worth trying to nip in the bud.

I don't know when this particular campaign was launched, but I'm guessing they at least want the illusion of a "scavenger hunt" to live for a day or two before making the stream publicly available to everyone.
11:14 AM on 05/30/12
DejaMe
It's a funny thing this life.
User Info.
I bookmarked that shit this morning yo!
11:30 AM on 05/30/12
Cody Nelson
Your mouth to God's south.
User Info.
Absolutely ridiculous this isn't just a link to the scavenger hunt.
11:42 AM on 05/30/12
weworemasks
save the drama for wilmer valderama
User Info.
"Just don't Google it or anything."

kind of a dick move, don't you think? i personally wouldn't shit on any labels that currently work with your site.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests