Username
Password
Album Info. News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Album Info.
Inside AP.net

Brendan Rivera Sets Release Date

Posted by: Jason Tate (05/31/12)
Brendan Rivera will release No Ocean in Ireland on June 12, 2012.
Press ReleaseThe Brooklyn-based Rivera penned and recorded his first full album, The Musician with his longtime friend turned producer Mike Kalajian in 2008. The collective, Looking Glass Wars was formed, and they began playing The Musician at clubs throughout NYC. Looking Glass Wars would go on to play east coast shows and tours with the likes of Anthony Green, Silverstein, The Starting Line and Aiden. The band collectively wrote and released an EP titled a Place in a Parlor before disbanding shortly after.

Not being able, or willing to slow his creative process, Rivera immediately continued writing songs for what would become his Veggie Co. Records debut, Body of Land. The album resonated with friend and vocalist Shane Told of Silverstein, and was released in Canada on Shane’s personal label, Verona Records. BRENDAN RIVERA armed with only his acoustic guitar embarked on a 2009 Fall Tour with Silverstein and A Day to Remember headlining the shows. Rivera was honored in 2008 with Looking Glass Wars and again in 2009 for Body of Land, as one of the artists featured on Absolutepunk.net’s “Absolute 100” list of up and coming artists.

In late 2010, BRENDAN RIVERA entered the studio yet again with producers Mike Kalajian and Gregory Dunn of Moving Mountains to record No Ocean in Ireland. The album features 11 songs including an introduction track, and clocks in at just over 50 minutes. The album showcases Rivera’s ability to pull from all of his varied influences and still create a cohesive album that is steeped in originality.

The album kicks off in high gear with fast paced rock songs such as the title track and “Hole in the Curtain”. BRENDAN RIVERA slows things down a few times throughout the record with songs like “Strangers” and “New Tattoo” which highlight Rivera’s keen ability to tell a story using just his voice and acoustic guitar.

No Ocean in Ireland truly reaches its pinnacle with the final two songs, “Kingdom” and “Sands of Ours” respectively. The latter closes the album and features piano parts from The Starting Line’s Brian Schmutz. You can hear the resolve in Rivera’s voice as he sings, “I’m not giving up, or giving in, because I’ve been waiting too long.”

No Ocean in Ireland will be released June 12, 2012 on Veggie Co. Records. The record will be available on iTunes, Amazon, Spotify and other digital retailers as well as for sale on vinyl format from the Brendan Rivera webstore

Displaying posts 1 - 11 of 11
11:52 AM on 05/31/12
gjpinizz
Life With People
User Info.
this album isn't as good as body of land, but it's still pretty solid. Some really awesome tracks. also it's been streaming for quite some time now- http://brendanrivera.bandcamp.com/al...ean-in-ireland
12:31 PM on 05/31/12
Portugal4142
@BrandonMir
User Info.
So living glass wars disbanded? I thought there was news they were still writing/recording?
12:55 PM on 05/31/12
KEB182
Pedestrian Verse
User Info.
So living glass wars disbanded? I thought there was news they were still writing/recording?
They're just "inactive" right now - they might release something down the line...but not positive yet
01:08 PM on 05/31/12
PetitnaindesÎles
We can gallop upon the sea...
User Info.
they've been (supposedly) working on new material since november, a new single was released for the donators of Brendan Rivera's kickstarter
01:10 PM on 05/31/12
PetitnaindesÎles
We can gallop upon the sea...
User Info.
anyway this is my early AOTY. it sounds more like a winter record instead of the summery vibe of "Body Of Land" but i just can't get enough of it. so so good
02:01 PM on 05/31/12
dorfpimp
User Info.
This is most definitely one of my favorite albums of the year/ever. I always find myself wanting to listen to one song and then I get hooked and end up listening to the entire album. I'm really fortunate to live on the East coast so I have been able to see Brendan perform at least 4 times over the past year and it never gets old.

If you live in NYC or the general area I highly recommend you try to see him perform, and if not then I suggest that you get in touch with him and let him know that you want to see him so that he can do larger tours in the future.

Moral of the story is: Brendan Rivera is the fucking man, so definitely buy his record and let it do the rest. You won't regret it.
03:41 PM on 05/31/12
focustempochamp
User Info.
this record is so good. hole in the curtain is such a solid tune as well. brendan puts on a good live show as well!
08:05 AM on 06/01/12
Steve Muskopf
The Life I Lead
User Info.
im in love with this man and i dont care who knows it!
08:55 PM on 06/01/12
cshadows2887
User Info.
This album is terrific.
01:15 PM on 06/10/12
syntax omitted
User Info.
I thought this album was released awhile ago... Anyway, this is different than Body of Land but actually is a better overall piece of work. I love it. It's so summery and perfect. Definitely one of my favorites of the year so far.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests