AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password
ABSOLUTExclusive News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
ABSOLUTExclusive
Inside AP.net

ABSOLUTExclusive: Rise Records Signs Rescuer, Song...

Posted by: Thomas Nassiff (06/01/12)
Today we are happy to team up with Rise Records in announcing that the label has signed the Tampa Bay, Fla.-based Rescuer. The band is very young, forming only in late 2011. Their sound is reminiscent of early 2000's screamo and melodic hardcore, but with the passion and drive of bands like Envy and Pg.99, and you can now stream the song "Birds of Prey" on their AP.net Profile and in the replies. The song comes from the group's debut album, With Time Comes the Comfort, which will be released later this year. We also interviewed vocalist JP Marra about Rescuer's debut release, signing to Rise Records, and working with Memphis May Fire's Kellen McGregor in the studio. Leave your thoughts on the song in the replies.
From the InterviewOn my end, Im really into the desperation behind bands like Envy, Pg. 99, and City of Caterpillar, so Id say thats where a lot of my vocal influence comes from. As far as the music goes, Danny is really into bands like Modern Life Is War and Defeater. When we were writing for With Time, we werent exactly going for a specific sound, rather we just wanted to write an honest record. Were really happy with how it came out and were stoked for people to hear it.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 49.
12:09 PM on 06/01/12
Thomas Nassiff
resuscitation of the year
User Info.
Birds of Prey
12:17 PM on 06/01/12
Duprix23
Pop Punker/Hardcore Artist
User Info.
Good job, great song and love their from across the Bay from me. They need to do more Tampa shows though. I hadn't heard of them till two to three minutes ago.
12:19 PM on 06/01/12
ALT/MSC/FAN
Everything's Coming Up Milhouse
User Info.
Damn, they sound pretty good. Thanks for the link, dude.
12:21 PM on 06/01/12
iseejosh
Registered Member
User Info.
'Their sound is reminiscent of early 2000's screamo like Silverstein, but with the passion and drive of bands like Envy and Pg.99' And I'm sold! Working with Kellen from MMF seems very interesting, very different sounds but seems like it could make sense somehow.
12:22 PM on 06/01/12
cbronder1
Life Is Not A Waiting Room
User Info.
i like this...a lot
12:24 PM on 06/01/12
phaynes1
AP.NET ILLUMINATI
User Info.
Wow I really didn't like this. Good for them though.
12:25 PM on 06/01/12
brandon_260
Ah, yes.
User Info.
I'm into it.
12:36 PM on 06/01/12
jeremyhum27
User Info.
i like it a lot. i didnt think i would.

hope to hear more soon.
12:45 PM on 06/01/12
rlm7296
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Very original compared to whats been coming out in this scene lately, I'm very impressed and will be waiting to hear more from you guys.
12:48 PM on 06/01/12
OdeToTheSun
Exit:Denied
User Info.
Local band for me, although I've never seen them live. This is awesome, congrats to them.
12:49 PM on 06/01/12
OHismiwiiknis
shup ut. jsut shup ut.
User Info.
sounds like underminded meets silverstein. the riffs are clearly more advanced than silverstein's, and i somehow don't expect to hear a lot of singing. but me likes. i wanna hear some more to make a good judgement.
12:52 PM on 06/01/12
OHismiwiiknis
shup ut. jsut shup ut.
User Info.
Good job, great song and love their from across the Bay from me. They need to do more Tampa shows though. I hadn't heard of them till two to three minutes ago.
haha. i feel that way about the republic of wolves. i wish they would do more shows to get some recognition.
12:54 PM on 06/01/12
cherrycokewhore
Registered Pokmon Trainer
User Info.
Okay I got way hard from this. I want this record now. If I were the owner of Rise I would very proud of turning my label's image around.
12:58 PM on 06/01/12
simplejack
Soundtrack of My Silence
User Info.
months ago I listened to an album called "some things you just have to let go" by a band called Rescuer, they play fast and somehow melodic hardcore, is this the same band?

EDIT: it's the same band.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests