Username
Password

Comments: Page 3
Displaying posts 30 - 45 of 93
03:35 PM on 06/04/12
IamTheINDUSTRY
glory glory
User Info.
Can't help but mourn the loss of my generation's greatest musician-Nate Ruess-to a mediocre enormous radio hit. I predict that fun. will forever be known for "We Are Young" because of how enormous it has gotten. Even if this gets radio play and climbs the charts even more, it, nor any future single will match the success of "We Are Young". I believe it has only caught on with the public because of it's sing-along, anthemic chorus, which is fine but a mediocre public representation of my favorite musician ever.
oh shut the fuck up already will ya
03:36 PM on 06/04/12
tpierce2
I like tacos
User Info.
Whether people think Fun. "sold out" or not, judging by the smile on Nate's face while singing We Are Young at the MTV Movie Awards last night, he could not be happier. I think we, as fans, should share that same smile because this band deserves every ounce of success they are receiving.

This video is epic. I could see this song being just a big, if not bigger.
03:36 PM on 06/04/12
tell that mick
@kissmeimlazy
User Info.
Hope it's as big of a smash as "We Are Young" has been. These guys deserve it and more. Definitely one of my favorite songs from the album.

Can't help but mourn the loss of my generation's greatest musician-Nate Ruess-to a mediocre enormous radio hit. I predict that fun. will forever be known for "We Are Young" because of how enormous it has gotten. Even if this gets radio play and climbs the charts even more, it, nor any future single will match the success of "We Are Young". I believe it has only caught on with the public because of it's sing-along, anthemic chorus, which is fine but a mediocre public representation of my favorite musician ever.

I love fun. and The Format as much as the next guy, but greatest musician of our generation? Huhhhh?
03:52 PM on 06/04/12
the color theft
User Info.
this wont be as big as We Are Young for the reason that the chorus doesn't say "we are young" nor does the first verse talk about drinking and getting high at the bar.
I hope so. I love this song and I don't want to get as sick of it as I am "We Are Young."

Edit: Not that I don't want fun. to be successful. It's just I don't want to get tired of "Some Nights."
03:57 PM on 06/04/12
Holly HoX!
User Info.
Hahaha that little bitch disappeared from the entire thread but his sobbing rants remain. Hilarious!!!!
03:57 PM on 06/04/12
SomedayTheFire
when I die there'll be no trumpets
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Fuck off mtv.
03:58 PM on 06/04/12
HeyItsAllyssa
Clear Eyes Full Hearts Can't Lose
User Info.
Cool video. These guys are definitely staying busy! Last night's performance though was pretty moving, these guys deserve every ounce of success. Let the haters hate.
04:01 PM on 06/04/12
cut!print
Keep me simple, unplug my head.
User Info.
This is one of my favorites off the album as well. I tend to skip "We Are Young" because I just got tired of hearing it, but I don't think I'll get tired of this song so let it blow up!
04:07 PM on 06/04/12
70x7brandnew
User Info.
This song will win Record of the Year, and possibly Song, at next year's Grammy's. Slight chance for Album and if they're up for it, will definitely win Best New Artist as well.
04:11 PM on 06/04/12
brook183
Leave the lunchmeat for the sharks
User Info.
I never got sick of "We Are Young," I understand that it's on the radio and on TV constantly but I no one is forcing me to listen intently every time it's played. It's still a really solid song in an amazing album, and the fact that it's brought these guys fame and deserved fortune is the most important thing.

Oh, and yeah this video is pretty great. Love this song.
04:11 PM on 06/04/12
Acad08
@explorerbri
User Info.
I saw them in Mesa, AZ a few nights ago, and when they played this song, I was absolutely floored! I really like this music video and actually think it fits the song pretty well.

Here's a video I took at the show.

AMAZING video! Nice job, so cool.
04:12 PM on 06/04/12
Seth Robinson
User Info.
Hahaha that little bitch disappeared from the entire thread but his sobbing rants remain. Hilarious!!!!
Nah, I just decided to delete my posts out of respect for the band. What the fuck ever, I don't care anymore. I hope they become the biggest band in the world and Nate is happy forever. He has always been nothing but extremely nice and respectful to me, even after they blew up so I hope the success keeps on coming for him.
04:24 PM on 06/04/12
vivatoto56
Importer/Exporter
User Info.
Extraordinary video. Still one of the best songs of the year.

My only problem with the album was it peaked way too early with this song. The rest of the album wasn't even close to being as good, imo.

Kinda thought they were going to pick up where the (Intro) video left off.
04:31 PM on 06/04/12
Dob
partypartyparty
User Info.
I like this song so much more than "We Are Young" - I hope it takes off even if its not as huge as their previous hit. Very happy to see those guys come this far.
04:33 PM on 06/04/12
OldSchoolReason
User Info.
Love the song - video is a great video, but not necessarily for this song IMO. Outside of 'This Is It Boys This Is War', I never connected Some Nights with an actual "War". I enjoyed that line as a metaphor, but not how it is being portrayed as the full music video. Hard to explain I guess - I think the song is very personal to Nate judging by the lyrics, and it just comes off weird with it just being a big battle scene for the most part.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos